main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC At the FILMS

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLord-Mixo, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    It is about time we had a thread such as this.

I saw The Forbidden Kingdom last night. Quite a nice little flick that the whole family can see. Both Chan and Li compliment each other veyr well in acting and action. Also it was good to see the Monkey King back in action lol.

2. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    I have yet to see that one, but i went to see The Dark Knight twice already and thought it was great. I had to go the second time with some friends and it was actually just as good the second time. Heard they were talking about Johnny Depp as the riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman and the penguin for the next one.

3. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I still haven't seen Dark Knight thanks to some slack arse friends who refuse to see it til they've seen Batman Begins. I feel like a social outcast.

Forbidden Kingdom I didn't like - Jet Li and Jackie Chan, two of my favourite actors/martial arts stars were great, but the crap with the kid just...I didn't realise that was what the film was about (didn't read up before seeing it as it was a last minute thing) and spent most of the movie wanting to fast forward the damn thing. :(

I give it one star, Margaret.

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I loved TDK. :D Fantastic movie, a roller coaster ride throughout - the critics say this is a bad thing, but it's great to have a movie that doesn't have any boring parts. At all.

Saw Wanted last weekend - that was pretty good. It parodied itself quite nicely. :p Definitely deserving of its rating though, with all the blood and swearing n'stuff.

5. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Wanted was pretty good-but the spy movie im waiting for is Eagle Eye-that looks good

6. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    OMG The Dark Knight is freaking awesome!! Stuff your friends go see it now!!!

I was being all Melbournian and cultured and went to the Nova to see a doco called Salute. It's about in aussie runner Peter Norman who ran in Olypmics 1968 and still holds the record for 200m sprint. Never competed again because he made a small sign of protest for the teratment of African-Americans in the US and no one liked it. It's a good film. I cried.

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Has anyone seen the doco called "King of Kong"? Excellent story about 2 mens battle to hold the world Donkey Kong Record. Some classic characters. Billy Mitchell is enthralling to watch lol

8. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    I gotta see King of Kong, Donkey Kong was awesome back in the day.

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Once you watch it check out the promo for the sequel lol

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/01/votd-k2-the-king-the-kong-and-the-ugly/

10. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Theres a killer western I want to see coming out soon-called Appaloosa (I think thats how you spell it). Check out the trailer here http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&vid=8acfc3b1-b4d9-4f04-925b-5fb8cb2a66b8

11. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I just can't wait until the next Transformers and Superman movies :cool:

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I was not very impressed with the borefest of Superman Returns and I thought Fantastic Four 2 was one of the worst films for that year. The next Transformers should be interesting and hopefully with more of a dark edge to it.
    But...How can you look past My Name is Bruce! Bruce Campbell is back and he is not happy lol.

13. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Awww yah, Bruce is the best. He was at his best when he did Brisco County Jr. I think sam Raimi and him have something going because he always puts him in his movies.

14. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    they are good friends and go all the way back to The Evil Dead

15. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Which I heard they are remaking (Evil Dead)-dont know how I feel about that yet. Guess it depends who is attached to the remake.

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I think it has been shelved thank god. No need to remake it..hey EV2 is basically a remake lol. I also heard that Ashton Kuchel was inline at one stage for the role of Ash! NO WAY!!

17. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    I second that no way with a big NO WAY. I was delighted to hear today that a sequel to Goonies is being looked at seriously. I loved that flick.

18. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Especially if they bring back the original cast

19. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    no doubt-heard it was going to be them grown up and their kids go on an adventure

20. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Is the guy who played "short round" in Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom still short & round?

21. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    He kinda looked emo the last picture i saw of them all together, the wierd one is the fat kid is skinny as can be. I guess he wont be doing the "truffle shuffle" in this one.

22. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Hmmmm I guess I will look forward to a paced out Corey Feldman

23. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    I am getting a little tired of all of the remakes and sequels-i wish that more original movies would come out-of course they would eventually turn into remakes or sequels later so i guess its a lost cause.

24. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    remakes are a good seller because many people will watch it just to compare it to the original even if they have heard from others that it is crap. I cannot think of a remake that is better than the original personally, especially when put into the context of the times/technology of when the original was made. Simply adding CG into a remake does not make it better.

25. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    I keep wondering wat movies that came out here in the past 10-15 years will end up in the remake category in the future-matrix,close encounters, iron man, maybe even a total remake of star wars in 50 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.