main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Because I find the Divergent to end as a TV movie and then a TV series twist fascinating (in sort of a car crash kind of way), there are a few quotes there from Miles Teller and Woodley re. what the hell is happening?

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/divergent-tv-movie-miles-teller-1201830412/

Teller said he wasn’t sure if he’d participate in the television finale.

“I’ve talked to nobody,” Teller said. “I found out 20 minutes before Variety printed it.”

“When we all signed on for the first one we had every intention of finishing it theatrically,” he said. “We signed on for x amount of movies and you take that all into consideration. We wanted to see that storyline finish. You know, it’s moving into a different format. So who knows?”

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...reacts-to-the-divergent-tv-movie-news-w430369
    “Honestly, I was on a plane when all that happened, and I landed, and I’m like, ‘Whoa, what’s going on?'" the Fault in Our Stars actress, 24, said in the press room.

"I need to talk and find out what the details are," the Secret Life of the American Teenager alum said about whether she would return as Tris.

They make basically every damn thing in these movies about Tris and even Tris herself has no clue what's going to happen which is really awkward. It'd be awesome if the only thespians from the movies they ended up getting back is, like, Naomi Watts and Jeff Daniels for some random reason.

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Time, Love, Death...I'm in!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Spoiler Alert

About.

Time, Love

And Death.

There just people who red his letters & they're pretending to be those cosmic forces.

6. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    how many g damned underworld movies are there? ****

Mod EDIT: You have to fully star out swears. It's okay though, goddamned is allowed. [face_peace]

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Joe Manganiello To Play Deathstroke In Batman Solo Movie - Collider Movie Talk

8. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    The more the better!

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Woodley jumping for the exits on the Divergent train!

http://screenrant.com/divergent-shailene-woodley-tv-movie-series-allegiant/

"Last I heard they were trying to make it into a television show. I didn’t sign up to be in a television show. Out of respect to the studio and everyone in involved, they may have changed their mind and may be doing something different, but I’m not necessarily interested in doing a television show."

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm going to watch the most recent Divergent movie this weekend. However, I must say the Divergent and Maze Runner series are blending in together for me. Sometimes I forget which scene is part of which movie. I actually like these films as at their core they're "a hero's journey."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Woodley is a great actress, and these horrid Divergent films are beneath her. I hope she finds better work soon.

But seriously, Divergent 3 was so terrible. What the hell were they thinking?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't know. I couldn't get past the first one.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The first one reminded me of the original Matrix film, where "the One" would come along and challenge and disrupt the system/status quo. And like The Matrix, the first one is the best our of the series, so it's a good thing you dropped out of it.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Maze Runner was decent. Scorch Trials was garbage.

I watched the first Divergent and that's it. I barely got through it. I won't be watching Insurgent or Allegiant or anything related to that series.

I've only ever seen Woodley in "The Descendants" and I'd say she's an ok actress.

15. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

This looks ****ing Awesome. The whole bottle episode nature of it sells it for me.

16. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    LA LA LAND is getting most of the praise from the festivals so far. Here are a couple more getting the big buzz, and possible early oscar buzz.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Detergent, Haze Bummer, Hungry Games or now Rogue One.....(hope I'm wrong on that ).....if you seen 1 teenage dystopia film you seen 'em all.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Saw the trailer for Ben Affleck's latest flick, noir gangster movie. Looked decent. I did notice the trailer said "January" but I'm assuming that means "Dec 25th limited release for Oscar consideration, wide release in January". (Which is a trend that, may I say, drives me freakin' crazy.)

Whatever happened to Martin Scorcesse's historical priest epic flick? Is it still supposed to be released this year?

Oh, also I saw "Hell or High Water". Stop reading this now and go see "Hell or High Water". Yes, this means you.

Saw "Sully" too which I actually thought was really good because it sort of flips around different POV's of the plane emergency landing which kept things interesting. And it's barely 90 minutes! Thanks, Clint! More 90 minute movies, please, world.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  19. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  20. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    too white

21. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Isn't DDL considered a "Dark Irishman"?

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The writer for Pacific Rim has a teaser for his new film The Cuiosity

23. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    BigAl6ft6 and tom like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    "Dummy director Nicolas Winding Refn's Neon Demon made only 3.3 mil! Thinks hardworking Americans will fall for style over substance! Wrong!"

25. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

With the Buzz it can be said that Portman will be a definite Best Actress nom.