main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
  2. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  3. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    This looks really good.

This looks better.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    So, will we see gorilla warfare in War for the Planet of the Apes? :p

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  6. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Some news on the Plot and other familiar characters in POWER

I like what I'm seeing. They found a way to get the Green Ranger in there without actually having the Green Ranger in there. They used the Zeo Crystal, in name only. Goldar will no doubt be the main Big Bad they fight in the Zords. And I assume like the article says that Zedd will only make the briefest cameo.

So I like the new ideas they're trying to do with the movie. Still probably going to suck though.

Then again given that we're going to be 10 years since the first Transformers, maybe this will be the new Transformers. So if anything it may be decent, which is better than nothing.

8. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  9. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I haven't seen Rogue One yet - 7 hours to go -

but these are the only movies of 2016 I can remember. Nothing else was interesting enough to take up a long term memory slot:

The Shallows
    Arrival
    The Lobster
    The Witch
    Tickled
    Midnight Special

The Lobster and Arrival are probably the best - interesting genre pieces, though the Lobster defies categorization. I wish Midnight Special had been as good as Take Shelter, but it was still harmless good fun.

tom likes this.
  12. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    vin likes this.
  14. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    DarthMane2 You know what's funny about Jeremy's comment about how the film is only ever enjoyable in the past? Well, that's a pretty good reflection of the game series as well.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  15. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am disappointed by the awful reviews for AC. I'll check it out, probably, but the decision to release a week after Star Wars is going to look even worse if the film is a dud.

Fassbender deserves better.

17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah AC is getting slammed pretty hard.

As is Passengers.

Looks like another week to go see Rogue One for most people.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Luckily Manchester By The Sea is also playing, I'm going to make sure to see that - and probably cram in a second (maybe third) viewing of Rogue One.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Saw Manchester By The Sea this past weekend. Really enjoyed it. Definitely a worthy option.

Still waiting for Jackie and La La Land to start playing where I live.

Add another movie to the critically panned list, at least so far...

Live by Night....

This was oscar bate too. Sad to see Afflecks streak come to and end critically. Not to say some may not enjoy it. Movie never did look all that great to me, even though.

heels1785 likes this.
  20. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    According to Gareth Edwards he saw a 4k edition of A NEW HOPE. Didn't say which version.

Devin Faraci claimed to have heard of the existence of a 4k Unaltered cut just sitting in the vault.

Not even going to get my hopes up, but boy would LFL **** up if they released a special edition 40 years after the original UNALTERED one came out. I wouldn't want to be on twitter that day.

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    To anybody who's disappointed with Assassin's Creed, I would highly recommend you check out 2015's Macbeth. Like AC, it's directed by Justin Kurzel and stars Fassbender & Cotillard. And, dare I say, it's absolutely brilliant. Sean Harris and Paddy Considine are both great as well. It's a great take on a classic Shakespearean play. If you don't like Shakespeare or don't understand him, I'd urge you to give this one a shot; it's a really intense visual experience and Kurzel strips the dialogue down to the bare bones. Great movie and I really hope AC's failure doesn't damage Kurzel's career. After Macbeth, I was really excited to see where he went next. I still am, I guess.

DarthMane2 and heels1785 like this.
  23. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    God damn it!!!

RIP

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    After 16 days in theaters, Rogue One has passed Captain America: Civil War domestically, with only Finding Dory at the top to pass.

25. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003