main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    You mean he's going to be married at least twice to Burt Reynolds?

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's awesome!

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    On today's AMC Movie Talk:

AMC Movie Talk - Chiwetel Ejiofor's Character In DOCTOR STRANGE, Mathew Vaughn Writing KINGSMAN 2

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Dr. Strange...a 12 Years a Slave reunion.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Today's episode of AMC Movie Talk:

AMC Movie Talk – JURASSIC WORLD’S Record Breaking Opening, THE HATEFUL EIGHT Release Date

6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I hope she does.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

AMC Movie Talk - Rupert Wyatt Will Direct GAMBIT, Jack Huston Exits THE CROW Reboot

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    If there is one movie I couldn't care less about it is Gambit.

11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Criterion has announced their September slate:

Blind Chance
    Mister Johnson

Moonrise Kingdom
    Breaker Morant
    The Honeymoon Killers

A Room with a View

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Nice. Breaker Morant is a way, way underrated movie. I almost never hear anyone talk about it, but it's phenomenal. Edward Woodward is excellent.

Room with a View is one of the good Merchant-Ivory movies; great cast and I have to admit that I actually like it quite a bit more than the book.

And The Hateful Eight at Christmas. I'm down. That means I'll probably end up seeing it in early January, which is when I saw Django Unchained when it came out. Here's hoping this one is as good as Django.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Today's AMC Movie Talk:

AMC Movie Talk - The Hulk In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR? First Full THE PEANUTS Trailer

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The whole only 70mm X-Mas release for Hateful Eight is kind of bothering me just because I would appreciate a chance to see it ASAP and there ain't not 70mm projectors round these parts.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I saw an article in Variety (I think) that said that Passengers was kind of in a holding pattern until the studio saw how Pratt's Jurassic World did. Well, that got greenlit pretty quickly, didn't it? Not that Jurassic World was such a blockbuster because of Pratt.

And I'm totally down for a Murder on the Orient Express movie. Just . . . do the casting right please.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    More Kick-ass movies planned

AMC Movie Talk - Carrie Kelley Robin Possibility For BATMAN V SUPERMAN?

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I was getting very nervous about Jurassic World based on the review embargo on Rotten Tomatoes. That is usually a really bad sign, but it seems to have turned out okay this time.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It turned out more than ok.

Darth Punk likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I am a big fan of Jena Malone going back to Donnie Darko days (she's very pretty and very heartbreaking and she carries the movie's final moments with a sort of odd, knowing but not knowing sense of sadness) and she livened up the Hunger Games 2nd flick, so if she's playing Carrie Kelly (an apparently 30 year old Carrie Kelly but okay) in Batman v Superman, I am very onboard with that.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It would be very interesting if there's a Carrie Kelly in Batman v. Superman. And very surprising if there's a Green Arrow to help Bats like in the comics.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

AMC Movie Talk - First Look At GHOSTBUSTERS Reboot, Sony and Paramount Skipping Comic Con

22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Actually have high hopes for Ghostbusters. Definitely not what I wanted, but I see potential for something good. I just hope MM tones down her @#$% for the film.

Heard good stuff about DOPE, might go watch it Monday. That or Inside Out. Seen something a little smaller after these big blockbusters. Was hoping to catch SLOW WEST, but not showing here in Falwell Town Virginia.

23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    As much as I am not a fan of Tarantino the rumor of Gordon Liu returning for Kill Bill vol. 3 is pretty awesome. If that happens, I might just have to see this in the theatre. Having Liu appear would be especially sweet since he's come through some serious physical and financial hardships as of late. (If it happens, I wish Tarantino would also snag a couple of the Venom mob (to make his wink to the Five Deadly Venoms complete too.)

If there's one thing I respect QT for besides some great dialog, it's remembering the men and women from the films he's liberally borrowing from. Homage can be a great thing, but for me, only Inglorious Basterds seemed to hit that sweet spot.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Speaking of sequels

139. Some are listed as canclled and such, like another Tron.

Just casually browsing, the Predator one ticks me off as Predators was good enough to continue. Instead it may or may not be a reboot or sequel to the first.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok, so, speaking of sequels again

That's Damon, Stiles, and Viggo as a villain.

If there is one thing I have liked about these Bourne films is the fighting style. They used it in Bond, and made sue of it in Winter Soldier.

EHT likes this.