main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That's an interesting read and it raises an interesting question which is the responsibility of a business when its a customer who behaves inappropriately. In one way, it just seems really weird to me for an employee to go to HR because a customer was inappropriate. I guess at some point there's a justification for banning a customer, but the idea of drawing up an anti-harassment policy in HR to then have a customer sign is incredibly weird to me. I mean, I feel like, in one way, it's not really fair to blame a company for the behavior of its customers. You could ban a person, that's true, but it just seems very weird. I mean, where I work, if a customer did or said something offensive to me, it would never even cross my mind to go to HR about it. I mean, they have no jurisdiction over that person. It feels like opening a door we might not want to open if we start holding companies accountable for the behavior of their customers. I mean, if I go knock over some tables at McDonald's, should the manager get fired? Now, when it comes to hiring people like Faraci, obviously that's a fair question and a fair criticism, no question.

But the news that Harry Knowles is a predator is about the least shocking news I've ever heard. He's always been creepy as **** to me. I don't know about it when the article says that the cartoon images of him were innocent and portrayed him as harmless; I mean, I guess to some people. For me, those cartoons were the only things creepier than seeing him in real life.

3. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Third Man was on TV there. Just realised that the lovely Anna Schmidt is also the lovely Miss Tanner in Dario Argento's Suspiria.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bacon164 and Master_Lok like this.
  4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Chastain In talks for adult bev for IT sequel. Prob as about as inevitable as you can get there.

I’d like to see Pratt for adult Ben.

Luke02 likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Is the IT sequel officially green-lit?

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Pretty much, yah, I think they announced started working on the script the weekend IT became #1

Y'know with all these franchises that shoot back to back and the sequel comes out the next year, how was IT the only one that they said "Nah, we'll just let you guys do Part 1"

8. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Jurassic World 2 is looking more and more like a horror slasher with Dino’s.

More and more it’s hard for me to see this in the same world as the original JP.

9. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    [​IMG]

Cool, first image of “The Man Who Killed Don Quixote” from an alternate universe where the movie actually got made.

10. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Reviews for Duncan Jones's Mute are calling it a bust, which is a shame, because I really liked Moon and Source Code.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    That is sad to hear.

That being said, the trailers never really hyped me for it.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Game Night is getting great reviews. Jason Bateman, Rachel McAdams, and best of all, Kyle Chandler.

Kyle's post-Friday Night Lights film work includes Super 8, Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Manchester By The Sea.

Pretty solid.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    For those who don't enter the DC threads, Joss Whedon's stepped down from DC's Batgirl movie.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Mark Hammill get his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and William Shatner takes a "shat" on it.

Star Wars' Mark Hamill taunted over Hollywood star by Star Trek's William Shatner

15. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Happy one year anniversary to the best oscar photo of all time:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Affleck is still looking at Damon going "What did you do?!"

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Look at Matt Damon and Dwayne Johnson! Lol.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think Meryl Streep won the Oscar for best reaction in that photo as not only does she look surprised but concern as well as emotionally invested; she committed to the reaction.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Just wondering, in the Rebecca movie,

If the Rebecca character is actually going to show up, who should play her? Hedy Lamarr? Her appearance was perfect but I doubt her acting could work that well.

Alida Valli, one of the most beautiful actress in that era. Her acting was fine, but the thick accent limited her career in Hollywood. The Paradine Case is probably her best work in Hollywood.

Martoto77 likes this.
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, tom, VadersLaMent and 2 others like this.
  21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I think Wrinkle in Time is going to get blasted by critics, or at least be divisive.

Personally don’t think it looks all that good.

22. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Well after a few years March winning streak, Disney's due for a let down. Wonder if it will be John Carter/Mars Needs Moms type of flop, or merely underperforming.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    So, Jennifer Lawrence says she only watched three minutes of Phantom Thread because it's about "a narcissistic sociopath, and he’s an artist, so every girl falls in love with him because he makes her feel bad about herself, and that’s the love story? . . . I don't need to watch that movie." Yes, you should also probably avoid mother! because that's exactly what that movie is about; mother is actually way more about that than Phantom Thread is in fact. I mean, by all means get on your high horse about how twisted it is that people are watching Phantom Thread the year that you made mother! Nothin' weird about that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  24. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Do you think Joan Fontaine could play good villain? She was ok in Ivy.

25. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    In fairness to Lawrence, if I had just gotten out of a relationship with Darren Aronofsky, I probably would have hard time watching Phantom Thread also.