main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    145 Sequels and they're apparently not prepping one for Tomb Raider, one of the few movies I've seen recently that I'd actually kind of like a sequel to.

Though the most hilarious little nugget in the article was that Joe Carnahan was prepping an American remake of The Raid. Thankfully, that travesty seems to have been averted. That would be awful.

As for 48 Meters Down, in which a group of people get trapped in a cave full of sharks (not kidding) I have only one question. What are the odds that this random group of cavers would go exactly one meter farther down than this other random incident involving a shark cage?

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I dunno, consider the following:
    1. The appeal of The Raid is the cool fight scenes and the tense presentation thereof, the plot is thin and mostly forgettable.
    2. Because we can't magically invent a cool American martial art to showcase the way The Raid showed off pencak silat, they'd probably just use guns.
    3. The Raid with guns is how we got Dredd.
    4. Dredd was cool.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also: anything by Joe Carnahan is generally awesome.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    This...and we need a Dredd sequel.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think The Raid will be loosely translated in John Wick: Parabellum, :p which I recently learned that "parabellum" is Latin for "prepare for war." That's awesome. John Wick is certainly a franchise that has alot of gunfu and the third installment will feature The Raid stars Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman, as well as Tiger Hu Chen from Keanu Reeves’ Man of Tai Chi have been added to the cast. .

And yes, Dredd definitely needs a sequel.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    A Dredd TV show (Judge Dredd: Megacity One) is currently being developed, and Urban will star. No release date yet, but it will probably end up on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    But will there be an episode where Colonel Sanders runs a diabolical human farm in the wastelands of the Cursed Earth?!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Diggy likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's some fine cross-thread referencing, bezzie.

9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Jim Jarmusch is making a Zombie film with Bill Murray....

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Diggy like this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Say it, @AmazingB

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    [face_love] Kelly

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Twinkies! Wichita! More Zomibeland! Like, for real and with the OG cast this time (unlike the off brand pilot they made that nobody wants to remember)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zombieland-2-a-go-emma-stone-woody-harrelson-1126850

hahah yah I saw this trailer yesterday in front of Hotel Translyvania and I couldn't believe it was the same gritty survival drama I keep seeing the trailer for a year.

This movie has been trailered so much and so pushed back at this point I'm shocked it's getting a release.

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm mostly familiar with The A-Team.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I love The A-Team, but also loved Smokin' Aces. The first film of his I saw was actually the world premiere of Narc (with Ray Liotta and Jason Patric) at Sundance long ago and that one was pretty good too- though much grittier and lacking the sense of humor that Aces and A-Team had (The Grey probably had more in common with it, albeit completely different films).

Quest-of-the-Past also got to meet Liotta there, too, so that was pretty cool. :D

[​IMG]

One of these days I really need to check out his first film (Narc was his second), "Blood, Guts, Bullets and Octane".

Guy seems a little cursed, though, with projects that either fall apart (his pitch for a gritty, R-rated, 70's-inspired Daredevil was stopped due to the rights reverting to Marvel) or get taken away from his control that he leaves the film (Death Wish remake, Bad Boys 3, etc).

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I don't know what to make of this one. On the one hand I really like well done period pieces set during this time frame. I've always liked Saoirse Ronan and she seems well cast here. But Margot Robbie as Elizabeth is totally pulling me out of the vibe I'm looking for here. Perhaps because Cate Blanchett has really owned that role to my mind for a while now. But otherwise it looks good enough to far to keep me interested.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Joe Carnahan helmed The Raid would've been awesome. He's had a solid track record so far, save for Smokin' Aces which was a Tarantino wannabe. The Grey gave possibly Liam Neeson's second best performance in a film.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Man even in fan photographs the guy looks like he's about to start crying at any moment.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Some creepy moments in this...

Not too crazy about the documentary people or whomever the Brits are, but otherwise, looking good.

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    and Duncan Jones' comic book is...

2000 A.D.'s Rogue Trooper

Which is great. We need more
    2000 A.D. movies.

soitscometothis likes this.
  20. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm confused; there appears to be color in that DC movie's publicity photo, but that can't possibly be right.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  22. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003

I can't say I'm too excited, but the cast is good.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Since he's best known for his work with Collider, figured we'd move the conversation about the dire health situation with Schnepp over here. @Sith_Sensei__Prime @Bilbo Fett

Campea just tweeted out this statement from Jon's family:

[​IMG]

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Finally a new Robin Hood film. With Bono's daughter as Maid Marian. Dreams do come true.