main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Trying to stay hopeful for him but my that doesn't sound good at all.

2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Sounds like he might already be brain-dead.

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    The whole Schnepp thing has depressed me all week. Hoping for some kind of good news.

Comcast has ended it’s bid for the entertainment parts of Fox. Will focus on Sky it seems.

Disney Alien Princesses are a go

Edit: all I’ve got to say is “Holy ****” to the content that will be on Disney’s streaming service.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  4. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    First Man and Suspiria are looking to premier at Venice.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    just imagine if you will, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, The Orville, Futurama, and Movies like The Alien Franchise, Predator, Planet Of The Apes, The Entire OT Star Wars, The X Men, Deadpool, The Fantastic Four, If I was Iger I would be on the phone with Hugh Jackman the minute this deal is consummated!

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    It's the movie division, not the TV part that would be going to Disney. The TV shows will stay with the Murdoch family.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    From everything I have read Its all of 20th Century Fox except Fox News,
    Hence why Matt Groaning commissioned this after it was announced,
    [​IMG]
    see the Matt Groening watermark? This Is an Official Groening piece and on Twitter I believe Bob Iger liked it!

this Groening signed picture was posted on the Fox Simpsons twitter page...

I know this is an old article but not much has changed in the deal, I believe they are also getting Fox Sports ONE and there affiliates including The Yankees Yes Network National Geographic and I believe The Big Ten Network,
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/business/media/disney-fox-espn-tv.html
    now if anything was taken off it might be the sports networks but I believe they are still included.

If Articles about this aren't bringing up the TV end of It then that's bad journalism on the writers part. Get your story right if your going to write about it.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From reading the latest Deadline article dated today, it seems like FOX broadcasting Network and FOX News are being left alone from the Disney deal (which I already figured with UFC going to ESPN and WWE Smackdown going to FOX Network next year).

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    then why would Groening commission this picture and Watermark it?
    [​IMG]
    It was on Fox's Twitter page.

I am going to post the important part of the article you posted,

"I hear 21st Century Fox president Peter Rice is being eyed to lead the TV content business of the combined company. Despite Rice’s extensive experience both in TV and film, I hear he is expected to stay in television where he currently serves as CEO of Fox Networks Group. Such a prominent position would put Rice in the conversation for a potential successor to Iger.

Also rumored to move to Disney in major TV roles after the transaction are Fox TV Group chairman Dana Walden as well as FX Networks CEO John Landgraf whose division is part of the assets that are being acquired. While speculation about Rice and Landgraf joining Disney has been pretty consistent over the past six months, for Walden, there also has been a scenario floated about her possibly joining Hulu, which would be majority owned by Disney after the Fox acquisition, with Comcast holding a minority stake. In her current role at Fox, Walden is a Hulu board member."
    They are saying that there will be different TV divisions bought and run by Disney just look at this part,

"Also rumored to move to Disney in major TV roles after the transaction are Fox TV Group chairman
    Dana Walden
    as well as FX Networks CEO John Landgraf whose division is part of the assets that are being acquired."

To me this is saying the TV division is being bought by Disney and will be run by Peter Rice Dana Walden and FX Networks CEO John Landgraf Disney Is keeping them on the TV Department and FX and FXX..

this is also saying HULU Is getting bought by Disney!

11. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Disney gets the studio that produces most of the shows that air on Fox (including The Simpsons). The regional sports networks (YES, Big Ten) are going to be sold to another party and Fox Sports is staying with the new 21st Century Fox.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think Disney still gets all the Fox-owned TV properties and intellectual property (thus obtaining Simpsons, etc) but Disney does not get the actual broadcast network and infrastructure itself.

Juliet316 and Guidman like this.
  13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Basically what I got from what was in the deadline article Disney Is getting The Fox Network TV shows, FX Network, FXX Network and Hulu or most of Hulu. and 20th Century Fox Movies!

14. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I thought it was basically everything but Fox News and Fox Sports.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    It Is Disney Is getting 20th Century Fox movies and the TV Shows on The Fox Network so shows like The Simpsons, Bobs Burgers, The Family Guy, The Orville, and Futurama, Movies will include Deadpool The X Men The Fantastic Four The Alien And Predator franchise Planet Of The Apes and the OT Star Wars all three movies! Disney Is also getting FX Network FXX Network and most of Hulu!

Oh and Disney would also be acquiring on the TV end King Of The Hill and there are Major rumors Fox and Mike Judge want to bring back King Of The Hill the thinking in these tough political times in this country we could use political satire like that they are even thinking about doing a King Of The Hill Theatrical movie if the come back on TV goes well. I am a huge King Of the Hill fan I would love to see the show come back and movies may be!

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Disney also gets all of the non-news and sports cable networks, apparently. Which to me says: they don't want to bother with news, they don't want to make the already shaky-seeming ESPN look redundant, and they don't want to deal with FCC regulation and deregulation cycles vis a vis broadcast competition rules (which does make a certain amount of sense if the real goal is the streaming architecture and catalog, as has been the long-running theory). Interestingly Murdoch is saying he still wants Sky even though Disney just bought a 39% stake in Sky by way of this acquisition, so that should be a dumb fight.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah- I don't think Disney would want the broadcast networks anyways since they already have ABC. And there's no incentive for them to get into the news business, especially given how antithetical Fox News is to pretty much everything Disney represents or owns. No one wants to see Sean Hannity's mug on a Disney bus or monorail.

This is, really, Disney securing the streaming content to compete in the non-family arena against Netflix (even if they end up doing it via their stake in Hulu), getting the stray assets back under their parent companies (SW OT for Lucasfilm, FF & X-Men for Marvel), fully obtaining one of their primary theme park attraction properties (Avatar) and padding out their animation content (they now have Ice Age, Simpsons, Anastasia, Titan A.E., etc).

18. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    You think Fox News is antithetical to Disney? Really? I like what Disney puts out but honestly their interests are in no way unaligned. They just don't want to deal with calls of monopoly.

Adam of Nuchtern and Ramza like this.
  19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That and if Disney is being really forward thinking they don’t bother getting in the cable news game because that market has a pretty serious time limit at this point. Might as well save a few billion.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Without question. Disney has focused on diversity in its products and "progressive" policies in its parks for quite some time, amongst other general themes that Fox News would either directly vilify or promote those with ambitions/policies that would do so indirectly.

Obviously, they want to avoid the monopoly issue as well- but I don't see how they would keep the Fox News brand regardless. It simply couldn't be paired with anything else in their stable- especially when their most problematic entity is something like ESPN (the most "realworld-related" thing they own).

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Keeping FOX News would be toxic to any company that owned it other than Murdoc's.

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I think this is why I heard that Fox( the tv broadcast part (?)) was going more sports centric and one reason they wanted WWE on the channel.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    But Disney Is getting the Fox Broadcasting Network as was stated in the Deadline article and the Groening watermarked picture. Disney will own most of the Fox Shows think The Simpsons Bobs Burgers The Family Guy The Orville and even Futurama I thought most on here already reiterated what I had said? there also getting the FX and FXX Network and Hulu! I mean Its still going to be called 20th Century Fox and The Fox Network and The FX Network and The FXX Network they will still be called the same thing they will just be Divisions In the Disney Corporation of companies and someone different will run each division again if you carefully read the Deadline article it explains it all Deadline even tells you who will run each division for Disney.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    sorry for the double post but my edit window expired,
    Even If This deal Is largely for Streaming Disney will still own all the Fox TV and Movies to do with what they want and It will make Disney a hell of a lot more money then they currently have. I think It Is way more then just a Streaming deal. Imagine If you will the next Simpsons Movie will be a Disney Movie!
    [​IMG]
    The Bobs Burger Movie that Is coming out I believe In 2020 will be A Disney movie If A Family Guy Movie ever happens it will be a Disney movie need I say more here. Also Rides In there Parks there are legal hurdles with a Simpsons Ride at Disney because of the Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Theme park but I am sure they could easily work something out. Also on the movie side imagine A Planet Of The Apes ride at Disney! Also Imagine Cast Members as Disney Calls them of Homer Simpson and his Family or Bob Linda and the kids walking around the park or Peter Griffin and his Family walking around the Park! This Is way bigger then just a streaming deal!

25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Has Disney bought this place yet ?