main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Well they do own Lucasfim so...

me and my Family Love Disney Its part of the reason we moved to Florida We are all Annual Pass Holders at Disney World and love all the TV and Movies made by Disney! so me and my family are thrilled about Disney Acquiring 20th Century Fox It means more great content for us and that is swell!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I understand Leo . Don't say anything just blink twice if you're in danger and want help .

3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The actual Fox Broadcasting Network is still staying under Fox ownership. The FCC regulates that one company can't own more than one broadcast network.

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    the deal hasn't gone through yet. it will either be finalized in the end of the year or sometime in 2019 originally the deal was supposed to be finalized end of summer 2019 that still may be the case? Fox Executives and shareholders want to get this deal done because not only are they getting a lot of money but they are getting a ton of Stock in Disney the Stock In Disney is supposedly what the clincher in the deal was Fox Executives mostly wanted the Disney Stock that's what George Lucas got as well when he sold Lucasfilm to Disney Lucas got a ton of Stock in the Disney company!

5. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Regardless of when the deal goes through, the actual Fox channel is staying under Fox ownership. There's regulations that prohibit Disney from owning it. That won't change. The two options are it either stays with Fox or gets sold to someone other than Disney, Comcast or CBS. It's staying with Fox though.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    that's false if you read what has already been stated.
    again I will post the Deadline Article read carefully what Is In parenthesis it explains everything in detail.

"I hear 21st Century Fox president Peter Rice is being eyed to lead the TV content business of the combined company. Despite Rice’s extensive experience both in TV and film, I hear he is expected to stay in television where he currently serves as CEO of Fox Networks Group. Such a prominent position would put Rice in the conversation for a potential successor to Iger.

Also rumored to move to Disney in major TV roles after the transaction are Fox TV Group chairman Dana Walden as well as FX Networks CEO John Landgraf whose division is part of the assets that are being acquired. While speculation about Rice and Landgraf joining Disney has been pretty consistent over the past six months, for Walden, there also has been a scenario floated about her possibly joining Hulu, which would be majority owned by Disney after the Fox acquisition, with Comcast holding a minority stake. In her current role at Fox, Walden is a Hulu board member."
    They are saying that there will be different TV divisions bought and run by Disney. Also rumored to move to Disney in major TV roles after the transaction are Fox TV Group chairman
    Dana Walden
    as well as FX Networks CEO John Landgraf whose division is part of the assets that are being acquired."

To me this is saying the TV division is being bought by Disney and will be run by Peter Rice Dana Walden and FX Networks CEO John Landgraf Disney Is keeping them on the TV Department and FX and FXX..

this is also saying Hulu Is getting bought by Disney!

7. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

:p

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    again if Disney wasn't buying the TV end of it why did Matt Groening commission this picture with his watermark?
    [​IMG]
    This was on Fox Twitter and Bob Iger liked the Tweet,
    Just for the record this belongs in this Thread Movies are involved in the Sale plus The Simpsons movie and Its Sequel and Bobs Burger has a movie coming out in 2020 and we may someday get a Futurama movie and Family Guy movie. Isn't this a movie thread? then It fits!

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    No offense but the only article I trust out of the bunch is Deadline And the article I posted from Deadline clearly spells out what I am saying. I mean come on VOX what the hell is VOX?

this is the deadline article I speak of,
    reading the latest Deadline article dated today,

I new about Fox News not being included because of the monopoly the DOJ would never approve the deal if Fox News was included that's why the Time Warner deal fell through.

11. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Read the second to last paragraph of the Deadline article that you trust, "post-acquisition Fox Broadcasting Co.", that is the Fox network. The broadcast network is still being owned by Fox.

I'm sorry you don't trust other websites but that doesn't change the fact that Fox is still keeping the broadcast channel.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Disney's getting the 20th Century Fox TV properties, such as The Simpsons, but the actual Fox broadcast network (a distinct subsidiary which in a technical sense is not connected to said properties despite broadcasting them) is staying with Murdoch. I think your confusion is stemming from thinking they're the same, which is a sensible assumption, but they aren't owing to some complicated but worked around rules regarding how broadcast television has to work.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Regardless The TV shows on Fox will be properties of Disney Personally I believe a lot of what we are reading is pure speculation we wont know for sure till The deal goes through and we get an official Press release.

wasn't Deadline adamant as was the Hollywood Reporter that Star Wars RO was definitely going to be delayed how did that work out.

so If Disney will own the rights to the Fox Shows but not the Network can new or repeats of say The Simpsons be put on ABC or Disney XD? I will also point out a paragraph does not make up the whole Article there are other parts of that article that contradict the second to last paragraph that's why you have to read the whole thing witch I have read the whole thing;)

thanks guys for explaining it all to me personally I don't care about the network just the shows my favorite being Futurama The Simpsons Bobs Burgers The Family Guy The Orville The X Files and 24 those are all my favorites knowing Disney will own there rights is awesome! I also love King Of The Hill that is rumored to be coming back may be a comeback of Futurama on ABC or Disney XD?

Guidman likes this.
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, that discussion was certainly interesting.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    something I have learned in life people have disagreements because both parties in the disagreement misunderstand one another.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Real sad news, Collider's Jon Schnepp has passed away after suffering a stroke last week.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    So sad. Liked him a lot.

RIP

18. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    That's sad to hear, he was one of the better personalities on Collider. Especially his passion and knowledge of comics books and films.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    What the What?

soitscometothis likes this.
  21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Oh dear. The internet never forgets.

gezvader28 and Juliet316 like this.
  22. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Very sad to hear I am actually really sad and down about this he was my favorite on the Collider Network Really Funny guy and a Passion for what he does, The Dude was a nerd like us heck he may have been a poster on here for all we know? RIP my thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends, May The Force Be With You Jon Schnepp …

I am going to listen to his last Collider video in his honor.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Collider’s actually running a 24 hour stream of his greatest hits. Starting soon, but here’s the stream embed:

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Thanks my friend I already have It on! Something to watch/Listen to before The Subway Series starts!