main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

At the Stroke of Midnight

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I couldn't agree more! And if Obi won't be my Sir Gallahad, I'll just have to ask QUI-GON!!!

(Sorry Leona. Couldn't resist!)

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    No problem Jemmiah. I suppose if my husband is willing to share I should be too.

Daphne we'll gladly wait for more.

3. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

How on earth is this away down here? To the top with you!! Please post more soon!

4. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    UP, for the love of the Sith! UP!

5. Mr-Max-Rebo

Mr-Max-Rebo Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2000
    when did obi and jemmy break up? i dont remember reading about it anywhere?

6. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    Sounds to me like Obi and Jemmy *really* haven't broke up!

Just found this and it's great!

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Up, so Daphne will find you and post!

8. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Just found this. Very good. POST MORE!!!

9. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Daphneeeeeee! Don't do this to us...think of Obi! Think of Jemmy! Think of Simeon and his toes!

Please, please, please ruin Qui-Gon's vacation and post more!!!

10. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Alright, this part is a little short, and it hasn't been betaed, but I'll post something to hold you over.

At the stroke of midnight - part seven

Disclaimer: Not mine, don't sue.
    -------------------------------------------

Meri paced anxiously in the corridor. The thought of Obi-Wan and Jemmiah off alone might have brought a smile to her face. That was, if Obi-Wan's cry for help hadn't caused her to spill soup into Alex's lap and jump out of her chair in the middle of a toast to the Republic. She had arrived in the hallway in time to see the overturned chair and a blaster pistol on the floor. Now, the hall was crawling with security, and she couldn't seem to reach Obi-Wan.

She knew Alex would be contacting the Temple and dealing with the details. Right now, it was all she could do to stay calm while worrying about her friends. At least Jedi calming exercies were good for something. The Chancellor and his daughter both looked one step this side of death. Pale haggard faces and Corrine threw in some tears for good measure. //Sith! Can't you stay out of trouble Obi-Wan?//

---------------------------------------------

Jemmiah shook off the fog only to wish she hadn't. Opening her eyes, she didn't know where she was, but the memory of Rufus' leering face was enough to force her to choke back tears. Obi-Wan's face didn't help. He was just sort of hanging from the wall across from her. The lump on his head and the bruises marring his cheek made her wonder if she'd really hit him that hard, or his he'd put up more of a fight than she thought.

His wriggling fingers fascinated her and when he finally stopped moving them, his eyes were open and staring back at her. His voice was calm and quiet and for a brief moment, Jemmiah wondered if he knew what was happening. *Can he really be that calm?*

"Jemmy, I think you know what's going on, and it would be nice if you'd fill me in."

Swallowing hard, she felt her voice catch in her throat. For once she wished she was a Jedi, so she could tell him without actually saying the words. Cursing her luck, she opened her mouth, but all the came out was a sob. Clapping a hand over her mouth to stop them from continuing, she realized she wasn't tied up. Comparing her situation to Obi-Wan's she decided he *had* put up a fight.

Guilt at his position almost smothered her, but she finally squeeked out the words. "Rufus. The one from, the one that... Oh force this is a nightmare." Then the sobs came, uncontrolled.

Obi-Wan tugged at his bonds, before realizing there was no way for him to comfort her. *She deserve alot of things, but she doesn't desearve this.*

"Jemmy?"

The sound of her crying abated a little and he tried again. "Jemmy, come here."

Watching as she pulled herself from the floor, Obi-Wan cursed himself for not wearing his lightsaber. True, it had made Corrine happy, but it had made him less of a Jedi and right now that was all that mattered. Slowly, almost painfully, Jemmiah crossed the small space. When she was only inches away from him she stopped.

"I'm sorry."

Obi-Wan couldn't mask his confusion at that. Seeing his face, she continued.

"For hitting you, for dragging you into this, for being so mean, for... for... for..." The sobs resumed, but this time she wrapped her arms around his waist and cried into his chest. Bowing his head, he rested it agaist hers, hoping he could comfort her in some way.

11. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    AWWWW! Sniff!

Watch out Rufus. Qui-Gon can get mighty annoyed when people pick on his family...

12. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

This is great Daphne! Can't wait for the next bit!! (Soon, please....!!)

13. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Oh Man! I almost forgot about this one!! This is getting really good. Don't stop now!!

14. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Just bringing this up so Daphne might post. PLEASE..............

15. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    Hey, where's the next post?!

16. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
  17. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    I agree!

18. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    More please? Pretty please?

19. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Daphne, PLEASE keep this one going! (I know you're doing all those others, but I LOVE this one! Well, actually, I love all your threads, but this one's could be EXTRA special if it carries on how it's started!)

MORE!!!!!!!!!!

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So much new material on all but this thread. Daphne, I've been in self-exile and must have more!!!

21. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Alright, since you all ask so nicely, I thought I would write some more for this thread. This post should compensate for the week I left you all with nothing.

And whichever post bumped this up should be congratulated. I was trying to post this last night, but I couldn't find it.

Here we go.....

At the stroke of midnight - part eight

Disclaimer: Not mine, don't sue.

AN: This story involves background material from the Jedi Snapshot series by Jemmiah. I would not recommend reading this post until you have read the short story "I Promise You". It can be found at : http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=452770&replies=132

AN #2: Warning, this post is not for the faint of heart, although we are still in PG-13 ground at most. You have been warned.
    ----------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan eyed the chains dubiously. For the final time, he tried to use the force to move the pin from the cuff, but it wouldn't budge. Sagging against the bonds, he debated the merits of just giving himself to the darkside then and there. *If I only exist to be chained, beaten, and tortured, what is that point exactly?*

A glance at the floor took away his entire line of thinking. Jemmiah had cried herself to exhaustion and before she had been able to crumple to the floor, Obi-Wan had gently lowered her. It had been almost an hour, and no one had come for them. On one hand, the Jedi was thankful. If no one ever showed up, things couldn't really get much worse, but then again, if no one ever came, he never figure out a way to get away from here.

Focusing on Jemmiah again, he shook her gently with the force. "Jemmy! Jemmy wake up!" The harsh whisper sounded like a shout in the stone-lined cell, and the young woman slowly shook herself awake.

*Oh please let it be a dream.* As consciousness returned to her, Jemmiah sighed. No, this was definately no home, and Obi-Wan was definately still chained to the wall. Allowing a tinge of desperation to mix with the remorse clouding her voice, she stood until she could meet his eyes and whisper, "I'm sorry for calling you a wannabe Jedi, but couldn't you do something?*

Shaking his head, the Jedi didn't have time to form a reply before the door swung open. Four armed guards made him even more wary of the situation than before. This was definately out of his hands. Their presence wasn't what drew a gasp from Jemmiah though. That honor belonged to the unarmed man standing confidently between the largest two guards. No matter how many years passed, Obi-Wan realized it was not a face he or Jemmiah would be erasing from their minds.

Crossing the room, he smiled at Obi-Wan. "How nice of you to join us little Jedi. You've grown so much since we last met. It will be such an honor to kill you, but first, I have more important things to deal with."

Two more steps took Rufus to where Jemmiah cowered in the corner. Grabbing her by her wrist, he dragged her to her feet. "Ah yes. I must say, you would have brought in alot more credits if you had looked like this." Obi-Wan struggled to keep from reaching out with the force and crushing the man's throat as he reached out and caressed Jemmiah's face. "Perhaps you still can bring in a few credits. Business is booming you know."

Obi-Wan gnashed his teeth together. *The darkside can't be this bad.* Watching as Jemmiah flinched under his touch and retreated even farther into the corner, some detached part of his mind wondered what happened to the Correlian spitfire he'd seen only hours before.

"I told you I would take back what is mine, and I have. Remember, you're the one who ran, girl. Their deaths are on your head and his will be too."

A single solitary tear squeezed past her eyelashes and dripped on her cheek before she launched herself at him. She managed to get in a few hits before the guards had her a foot above the floor with her arms pinned behind her back. Snarling, Rufus Meridan gave the young woman a cold calculated look. "And for that, you may watch what we do to him before he dies."

--------------------

22. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Oooooooh! The plot thickens! Get in there Qui, and save Obi and Jemmy!

23. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    Wow, that was very vivid.

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ouch, that's all I have to say about that

25. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Well worth waiting for Daphne!!!!!

I just hope Qui-Gon saves them if they can't save themselves. Poor Jemmy, living her worst nightmare......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.