At the Stroke of Midnight

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphne Jedi Knight

star 3
    *sigh*

Alright, this is so far back, I'm not sure I want to know what page it's on...

(It wasn't even this far back when I stopped posting for awhile...)

*sigh*

UP!
  2. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There's been a lot of traffic lately, that's for sure.

And we want more!!!

There IS more, isn't there Daphne?

Please? Please? Pretty please with a Corelli-treacle coated Obi-Wan on top?
  3. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Corelli-treacle coated Obi-Wan, YUMMY!

Oh, yeah and a Daphne post, that would make my day!
  4. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm appointing myself the upper of this thread! So...

UP!
  5. Daphne Jedi Knight

star 3
    That image of Obi-Wan is stuck in my head now, and impairing all sane thought.....

*sigh*

Obi: You think I'm coming near you! You're as bad as all the rest!

Daphne: Now, now, at least I haven't killed you yet!

Obi: And I should be impressed by that?

Daphne: Behave or I'll give you a bad haircut in the next story.

Obi: *pout*

Daphne: *gets out the scissors*

Obi: I'll be good! I'll be good!

And now, onto the next part of the story....

----------------------------------------

At the stroke of midnight - part nine

Disclaimer: Not mine, don't sue.

Thanks to Jemmiah for the feedback. I appreciate it. =)

Qui-Gon paced the length of the lift. Starting on his twentieth lap, he stopped and drew himself up to full height as the machinery ground to a halt. Stepping out through the opening door, he tried to ignore the pain shooting through the bond he shared with Obi-Wan. It wasn't working all that well. The short planetary hop had seemed to take days, and he was certain that the pilot was only too glad to unload him at the Senate building.

The ball had been in full swing when he entered, and the Jedi knew few knew of the kidnapping. Letting knowledge of the Chancellor's lax security slip out would have been too dangerous. The Jedi did allow himself a small bit of comfort with the knowledge that even if he had been offplanet, Master Arieh and his padawan had been hard at work. Not even those thoughts, however, calmed the constant refrain running through his head. *I promised her.*

Jemmiah ducked as the contents of the cupboard came down on her head. *Nothing. How can an entire room contain nothing useful?* Glancing around, she couldn't help but remember the times Qui-Gon had called her a tornado with legs. He obviosly hadn't seen the worst of it. She was surrounded by a shambles. Of course, creating the mess had benefits beyond searching for a weapon and an escape route, it had kept her from thinking too much and losing what was left of her mind.

*I've looked everywhere except....*

Glancing at the chrono embedded in the wall, she alternately thanked the force for the small reprieve and prayed that the delay didn't portend horrible things happening to Obi-Wan. Staring at the bed in the center of the room, she hung back. Her search wouldn't be complete until checking that last refuge of all scoudrals - underneath the mattress, but going anywhere near it was beyond her. Circling warily, she reminded herself that it didn't bite, it was just a bit of furniture.

Finally stepping forward, she allowed her feet to nudge forward until the mattress was within arms distance. Banishing the thoughts of what what was going on happen *on* that mattress if something useful wasn't *under* it, Jemmiah slid the mattress from the bedframe. There, supported by the weaving of the frame lay a small vibroblade.

--------------------------------------

Obi-Wan lifted his chin from where it reasted against his chest. The struggle to breathe was slowly taking on epic proportions. Through the force, he could feel blood and air mixing through the gashes in his lungs sparked by broken sections of his rib cage.

//Master! Please!//

The creaking of the steel door focused his attentions. The two guards filled the entryway, blocking any view he might have had of the hallway. Trying his best to straighten up and do what he thought Qui-Gon would do, he stared back at them silently. Their nearness made him wonder exactly how this could get any worse, but he needn't have thought too hard about that.

As his wrists were freed from the restraints, his body feel - dead weight - to the floor.

Destractedly, he tried to focus on the words of the guards, but their gravely voices and the ringing in his ears allowed only two words to reach his mind. "...... courtyard....." and ".......execution....."

Sorry, guys and gals. I know - I think I just won the iffy post of the year award, but the next one will be better.
  6. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry, I must admit I've been lurking. But I also am enjoying the story very much. *G* I miss our smileys.
  7. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    UP! (It wasn't remotely iffy. It was extremely good. Let's see what Jemmy has planned next for Rufus...)
  8. Lara_Notsil Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the immortal words of Tony the Tiger... This is Grrreat!
  9. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    You go Jemmy! You can take Rufus down and save Obi! YOu can do it!

Please post Daphne! :D
  10. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    up please, hmmm, remember that discusting movie Austin Powers two?

viroblade, bed, i think you know what i'm thinking

11. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    How superb Daphne!!! This is a most suspenseful thread.

Come on Jemmy, show that vile Rufus just how tough you are!!!
  12. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent Daphne, Excellent!
  13. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    Please allow me to gush as well. That was excellent. I'm glad I get to write with you on USJS. :)
  14. Calamity Jinn Jedi Master

star 4

I'll join in with the excellent chorus as well!!

Good for Jemmy! Trust a Corellian to never give up!
  15. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Just jumped on ship, and wanted to give my praise! Obi and Jemmy have been through too much to die now!!!! KEEP POSTING!!!! :)

aa :D
  16. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    this is one of the few JA story's I'm interested in, don't leave me hanging
  17. Daphne Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't post for a day and there's a whole page of "please" and praise.... I'm intrigued by this phenomenon. Anyway, here's more.

At the stroke of midnight - part ten

AN: Before 20 people ask (and this has happened before, so I know of what I speak), no Obi isn't dead. (Yet.)

--------------------------------------------------------

Rufus stalked the distance down the corridor. Having the Jedi dispatched might tie up the loose ends, but he wasn't naive enough to think that it would keep the other Jedi away long. He remembered that day all too well - the Brat in there had been a thorn in his side, the master.... Now that was one man he longed to hurt.

Nodding to the guards stationed outside his chambers, he lay his hand on the air in front of one, and waited until a blaster was laid upon it. He did *not* intend to allow the tantrum she had thrown in the cell to repeat itself.

Opening the door, he hid his dismay at the state of his bedroom. He could see her, huddling between the wall and the dresser. Smiling at her, he pointed the blaster at a spot above her head. "I see you've made yourself right at home. Before we finish this up, I have something for you, really something you might want to see."

Pointing a finger at her, he curled it slowly, motioning her towards him. Raising his palm to her, he pointed towards the window. "Take a good look Jemmiah dear. Take a good look and remember, this is all your fault."

Glancing back and forth between Rufus and the pane of glass, as if pertrified to merely turn her back to him, she finally gave in, stepping closer to the window and hoping he could put down the blaster before she lost her chance to act. Peering out, she could feel her stomach churn. One floor below her window was a stone courtyard. The cultured furnishings felt disconnected from reality, or perhaps reality was disconnected from them.

"We had a deal." Jemmiah turned on him, eyes blazing.

"*Had* being the key word there. It's taken me so long to find you, I was worried that I wouldn't want revenge by the time I found you." His eyes took on a cold, inhuman look. "I was wrong, it's even better."

Glaring as he kept his distance, Jemmiah turned her attention back to the courtyard. It was as if morbid curiousity had taken over, she just couldn't turn away. A door opened somewhere below her perch and she saw Obi-Wan dragged in. She couldn't hear, but she could guess. The tauting looks on their faces chilled her. She could see the blood staining his dark clothes and the ground below him. Watching as he was dropped uncerimoniously on the ground, she held her breath as he struggled to stand.

She could see the smaller guard's mouth moving, giving orders and she wished she was close enough to read his lips. Obi-Wan's face was set in the inscrutable look she had once flippantly called "Jedi Basic", and he was pulled up to his knees. The smaller guard walked a slow circle around the Jedi before stationing himself several paces behind him.

The guard slowly raised his blaster until it was pointed at the Jedi's head.

*It hurts. It hurts so much.* Obi-Wan hadn't managed to silence that refrain long enough to even think straight as the guards dragged him down the hallway. The sunlight was blinding as they dropped him to the ground. He could feel the rocks under him, and he wanted to stand. Trying to grasp the force and pull himself to his feet, he marvled at the swimming feeling the effort brought into him brain. *Not up to this Kenobi, you're really not.*

The rough hands on his collar barely registered as he felt himself being pulled up. Collapsing down onto aching knees, he knelt there under the sun. Clearing his face, his mind, his pain, he reached into the force. *Last chance Kenobi.*

//Master?//

The sound of the guard's pacing broke whatever concentration he had, and he could *see* the guard behind him, preparing to fire.

Raising his eyes, he ignored the stabbing pain the effort brought forth
  18. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Ouch...that was a very good post, but it made me REALLY want to hurt that man. Poor Obi...we say that a lot around this forum, don't we? ;P

aa :D
  19. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aaaaaaaaagh! No! Don't shoot Obi!

Grrrrrr! Horrible, nasty Rufus. I'm beginning to regret creating him now, he's so darned evil! Great stuff, Daphne!
  20. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    NOOOO! YOu can't shoot Obi! Qui-Gon's one of the guard, right! Just tell me I'm right. I don't mind if you lie to me, it a good lie.

Rufus, you better watch out, or I'll sic Rela on you. Trust me you do not want to meet Rela in her berserker mode! Let her friends go and everything will be okay. They'll be safe and you'll be dead. :)
  21. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    Ouch, and then in swings Qui gon, from the rafters. . . wait a courtyard doesn't have rafters, from the roof nextdoor, ok that works,

if Obi dies now it will forever change the course of history

22. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Rufus, you slime-covered mynock. You'd better release Obi-Wan and Jemmiah or I'll...I'll

I know maybe a little trip to the healers for you!!!
  23. Daphne Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright. I haven't finished the next post yet, but it will be up within 24 hours. So, I thought I would supply a little tidbit of information so that you could all rant and rave over something else.

If you've ever watched the Princess Bride, you remember the part where the little boy asks his grandfather, "But who kills Humperdink?" Well, I am here to tell you that Humperdink and Rufus both live long lives...

Now, I will continue pulling out my hair and trying to complete the next post.
  24. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    ok,, Hey wasn't that little boy, the kid from wonder years, you know, the kid who played Corey Matthew's on Boy meets world's older Brother? No not the ditsy blond guy on Boy meets world the actual actor's older brother. . . .

oh well,

Eagerly awaiting the next post

maramijade
  25. Daphne Jedi Knight

star 3
    At the stroke of midnight - part eleven

-----------------------------------------

Jemmiah bit her lip hoping the pain would wake her from her nightmare. Instead, the taste of blood connected her to reality, and reality was not where she wanted to be. Flinching away as Obi-Wan locked eyes with her, she breathlessly whispered "Ben" as her hand reached out to palm the glass in front of her.

A hard jerk forced her away from the window, and a harsh whisper in her ear penetrated her defenses. "Now, now, don't get too attached. He won't be around much longer. Three, two, one..." The sound of blaster fire brought the anger to the surface, and Jemmiah struck out, one hand locked in a closed fist, the other locked around the hilt of the vibroblade concealed in her hand.

Stumbling backward from the force of the blow, Rufus opened his mouth to call for the guards only to stare wide-eyed at the length of vibroblade half embedded in his side, half exposed. "Why you stupid, idiotic, wench! " Raising his blaster, he motioned her back, and she reluctantly obeyed. Allowing her attention to waver, she cast her sight outside the room as she passed by the window. A glimpse of blood and a body laying on the ground was all she had time to see before he waved her on.

Gathering up pieces of ripped cloth, Rufus was momentarily overjoyed that the girl had ransacked him bedroom. It meant he didn't have to search, either for material to patch himself up, or for material to tie her up.

-------------------------------------------------

Qui-Gon had grown more restless the more story had poured out. When the Chancellor finally mentioned the hovercar waiting on the roof, the Jedi had practically grabbed both Valorum's by the collar and dragged them along.

It was nearly the last thing he was able to do, for shortly after, Qui-Gon was on his knees, clutching his temples and muttering "padawan" desperately. Alex had taken over their "mission" and had pushed the Chancellor and Corrine into their seats before driving the craft at well past the speed limit enforced, even by taxi drivers.

The whole time Meri sat nex to him, tapping into the weak link she shared with Obi-Wan and gritting her teeth to keep the pain at bay. *If I feel this bad, I don't want to know what Qui-Gon is feeling, and I hope I never know what Obi-Wan feels like.*

Finally Meri motioned her master towards a private landing pad atop one of the ancient dwellings still found throughout the city. Alex knew they had found the right place when he saw the guards, and was about to call for back up when a hand stopped him.

Qui-Gon controlled the pain through the Force. Tapping into his researves of strength, the Jedi Master hoped he would be able to function while retaining his connection to his padawan, but the connection was starting to fade. Suddenly, a surge nearly knocked him over, and he felt hands steadying him, but he was already moving again.

//Master?//

Placing his hand over Master Arieah's he shook his head. "He's down there, and we need to be too. NOW!"

Sensing the urgency and palpable tension, the hovercraft fell from the sky and the barely controlled landing placed looks of stunned disbelief on the faces of those guarding the landing pad. Lightsabers blazing Alex and Qui-Gon cut down the guards, their reasons the same, but different - one wished to save his padawan, the other feared what would happen to his student if Obi-Wan died.

//Meri, watch our *guests*.//

Unhappy to be left behind, Meri watched as the Masters disappeared over the side of the building. She only hoped they weren't too late.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.