main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga At the Turn of the Tide - ESB/AU, Luke - Updated 11/08/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tycalibur, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I love your sig line as well.

Mark Hamill is really one of the funniest guys. He seems to really enjoy talking to fans about the trilogy.

I love his voice work as The Joker.

I re-assert my preference for a blue bladed saber. (What about the idea of a duel colour saber: blue and green?)

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey, I like LP's sig line, too.

Back to the story... Thanks for the PM. It probably would've been awhile before I noticed the update otherwise. And a Luke post as well! Can't beat that.

Hmmm... My first thought was having one blade blue and the other green, if that is possible. I always liked how Luke has a green blade in the canon story, and Mara has his old blue blade, since it mirrors each other's eye color. So if he can't have 2 colors here, guess I'll vote for green, especially if Mara eventually ends up with his blue one. I can't remember offhand how AU this story is in that regard.

3. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I still say blue.

One thing I was disappointed in, in ROTJ was that his new lightsaber had a green blade rather than a blue one. Especially since in preview trailers he definitely had a blue blade.

4. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Green is the most logical color as the Sith Lords main foes always carry Green Lightsabers.

HandofSkywalker

5. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    No.

Obi-Wan always carried a blue lightsaber. As did Luke in the first two films.

6. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this on up.

Can't wait for the next post. :)

7. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Just found this. You rock.

Why can't we all just compromise? Blue out one end, green out the other? After all, it's a double-blade saber and there can't be all that many lightsaber quality crystals around on Dagobah... I doubt Yoda would just happen to have a matched pair in his hut, no matter what the color.

Edit:

Luke: Master Yoda, I need crystals for a double-bladed saber.

Yoda: Here is what you seek. Your hand hold out.

(Luke holds out his hand. Yoda drops 2 crystals into his hand.)

Luke: Thank you, Master, but, umm, why did you have matching pink crystals in your hut?

Yoda: Ask too many questions you do. Intended they were by Yaddle and I for matching Love Day sabers.

Luke: But I thought you said attachments were against the old interpretations of the Code.

Yoda: Construct your saber you must.

8. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    LOL

Great idea. I had suggested that it have one green blade and one blue blade.

9. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    lol poor Yoda!

10. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I get the idea Yaddle had veto over the colour of the sabers. :D

Once again, I say one blade should be green. The other is blue.

11. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Just thought I'd move this up.

12. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Okay, readers, you have spoken. I personally still like the orange-sunset color, but a promise is a promise, and I must fufill it.

Disclaimer: If my future betas ream me for this, I'm gonna have to change it before I submit the story for the Archives. :p

The blade sprang to life through the emitter with a powerful snap-hiss.

The noise almost startled Luke out of his trance. But he was only half done.

Time to test the other side.

The second blade leapt to life on the twin-bladed lightsaber.

Luke raised the powered up weapon carefully, closer to his face. The blade glowed blue.

He carefully stepped outdoors with the weapon to do a couple of test swings with it, to ensure that the circuitry was solid and would not short out.

To Luke's suprise, a flash of green leapt up past his face as he swung the polearm-lightsaber. He then looked down at the reflection of the two blades in the pond.

"Completed your task, you have." Yoda steppped out of the darkness. Months ago, the diminutive Master's appearance would have startled him in such a manner. At this point, Luke was very used to his surprise entrances.

Luke simply nodded.

"Wondering you are, my apprentice, why the blades glow multiple colors, hmmm?"

"No..." Luke started to lie. "Well...maybe just a little curiosity, Master, yes."

Yoda chuckled. "Said, I did, that these crystals were special. Normally, a two bladed Jedi weapon is one color. These crystals, six-hundred and seventy-two years old they are. Found them on a quest to the crystal caves of Dantooine, I did. Hidden they have been, from all eyes."

Luke nodded again, patiently awaiting the answer to Yoda's remark.

"Luke...found the weapon's blades confusing, did you not?"

Luke said, "Yes."

"And that is exactly what you should find. Confuse your opponents in combat, multi-colored lightsabers can. But first, you must learn to use it so that you do not confuse yourself."

Yoda began hobbling away. "Come, Luke...we must discuss new things."

Leaving his workstation behind without notice, Luke started off into the night to accompany his master.

Okay, the lightsaber color votes were too close to call. And yes, I counted them. Hopefully, the 'confusing' color contrast between the blades being a good ally in battle will make this believeable. ;)

13. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    :eek:That's one of the most interesting ideas for an unusual lightsaber I've ever seen! Ones with multiple colors or changeable size of the blade seem to be relatively common in stories, but I have never heard of any that could actually change color. :cool: The explanation for why it was designed that way makes it much more realistic, and is intriguing. I'm glad you decided to start posting this again. :)

14. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Hello, I found this the other day and was very impressed. You've captured things very well.

...Multi-colored lightsaber? [face_thinking] [face_thinking] SWEET!!! :D That would diffentantly be most confusing for the enemy. [face_laugh]

=D= Excellent. =D=

15. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Well, I'm glad you were able to accomodate both the blue blade and green blade advocates.

BTW, you should change the banner to let everyone know this has been updated.

I'm dying for some more of this story. Any idea when the next major update will be?

16. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Good decision for how you did the blade colors.

17. Tycalibur

Dec 26, 2001
    Thanks, everyone. I'm glad you approve of the final decision.

On the subject of SW writings, I just finished a new book that I highly recommend to ANY Yoda fan, Dooku fan, or Force-philosophy fan. Star Wars: Dark Rendevous by Sean Stewart. I will not give away any details of this novel, it's too good, just go pick up a copy and see for yourself! :)

TJM, soon. Very soon. The biggest stumbling block for me with this story is this...once one opens a lot of doors (as I have with all the characters here), one has to begin to close them. In my opinion, this must be done carefully, believably and in a way that generally pleases most people.

Back to the original subject, though...I am having a hard time envisioning this double bladed monster that you, the fans, have created. Anyone out there good with Photoshop? :)

18. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Ahoy-hoy everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Just thought I'd bump this up from Page 12.

Can't help you with the picture. Interestingly enough, in the trailers for Return of the Jedi, Luke's saber was blue rather than green. I was SOOOOOO disappointed when they saber in the film turned out to be green.

Personally, I liked his old saber -the one from Anakin- the best. I'm glad he still has it in your fic. Maybe he could give that to his own son some day.

How to close all the plot doors?

Hmmm.

A start could be Vader deciding that the only chance he has for present is to work with Mara. As for Luke, he needs to come up with a good plan.

I'm interested to see more of Boba Fett and his interactions with the group.

19. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this on up.

20. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Up from Page 7.

21. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

22. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Hey, I was wondering where this story had disappeared too...

Back to the original subject, though...I am having a hard time envisioning this double bladed monster that you, the fans, have created. Anyone out there good with Photoshop?
    [face_thinking] Photoshop? I'm ok with it, but I excel more with Paint Shop Pro (a simpler graphics program). I can see what I can come up with.
    Exactly how many different colors are we dealing with? I know we've got blue and green... any others?

Post soon? [face_praying]

23. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Maybe make the saber one that Luke can separate into two working single sabers. That way you can use the image from Attack of the Clones, when Anakin is fighting with the two sabers against Dooku.

24. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
  25. Tycalibur

Dec 26, 2001
    Working on the latest update, it's been done for quite awhile, but needed a good beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.