main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga At the Turn of the Tide - ESB/AU, Luke - Updated 11/08/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tycalibur, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Grabs post #500!!!!!!!

Do you think we'll be getting regular updates again anytime soon?

2. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    ;)

TJM, I'll do the best I can. I'm trying to keep writing ahead of my posts so that I have more to post.

Vader knew he was walking this new road alone.

His Master had indeed been true to his word.

No. Former Master.

Mara had sided with him in the last four months. She had shown no signs of betrayal. But the Dark Lord knew that her siding with him had simply been to choose between the lesser of two evils. His mind had surmised since that fateful day on the Executor that she too would find a way out, if it meant killing them both. Treachery and betrayal was imminent. Things were in motion. Vader could do nothing but prepare for it now.

Vader stood up and proceeded to the bridge of his flagship. They had at last reached Endor.

And he had been dreading coming here.

The events of the last few months had at least been conveniently away from the one being he did not wish to see; at least, not in person.

For all of the ancient one?s maniacal raving, Vader?s fear of Palpatine had ebbed to a more tolerable level than ever before. His trust of the old, gnarled man was another matter, however.

No, Vader had been focused on other matters. To engineer the coup against his Master under the nose of normal operations had indeed been a difficult road.

Then there was also still the matter of his son?

Vader shut out the thoughts quickly. Such feelings were not befitting to a user of the Dark Side. Skywalker was using what he perceived to be Vader?s own weaknesses against him, and Vader would have none of that.

The child would need to be found, yes. Seen in person. Be made to see his precious Jedi Master die right in front of him.

The same Master who stood me before the Jedi Council, and passed judgment on my life. Twice.

And when Vader was done breaking Skywalker?s spirit, he would see the child beg for mercy before finally breaking him.

And Vader was very close to knowing where the boy was. Closer than his Master would or could ever know.

Foolish as the boy?s intentions were in attempting to contact him, Vader?s meditations and searches were approaching their zenith. His anger would lead him straight to Skywalker when the time was right. Everything would be all right.

Vader?s anger began to return to righteous levels. Levels that felt normal. Kamino had given him new hope. So had the trip to Korriban.

He was certain of one thing. The old man would die at the hands of both him and Skywalker. Possibly Mara as well. But Jade was disposable.

Palpatine had taught him one thing. Vader thought he had learned the true power of the Force. In truth, Vader only thought he had learned. This mistake he would not dare repeat again.

?Lord Vader, the Emperor commands your presence in his throne room immediately upon arrival.? Admiral Piett?s voice interrupted his meditation and thought.

?Ready my shuttle for depature.? Vader turned and left.

As Vader sat in his Imperial shuttle waiting to leave the docking bay, he kept pondering the last thought of his son his meditation had shown him.

He was powerful. That power bent to Vader?s will would destroy the Emperor easily. For this reason alone, Palpatine was no longer whom he feared.

Of Palpatine, he could only now feel dread, nothing more.

He had begun to feel both pride in and fear of his own son.

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    A post! yeah.

Ack. I can't think tonight. I'll have to give you a decent review tomorrow.

4. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
  5. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    A POST!!!!!! I'm gone working for over a week and I come back and there's a post! A short one but it's a post! =D= Excellent work, Tycalibur =D=

6. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
  7. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
  8. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Eh? Did I miss something--where was fett's Debriefing if four months have passed for everyone else...certainly it wouldn't take that long to get to the Rebels and finish the deal.

Anyway-I love this story! I look forward to more.

9. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

10. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
    UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think that about covers it

11. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up from Page 9.

Well, after seeing the trailers, as well as photos from Revenge of the Sith, I am totally psyched to see the new film. Along with Batman Begins, it is my must see for this summer.

12. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
  13. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
  14. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
  15. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
  16. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
  17. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
  18. Tycalibur

Dec 26, 2001
    Well, I just finished the novelization of Episode III, and now it seems I'm going to have to correct a lot of SW histor in the story, because although the story IS technically AU, it was my goal to keep all SW historical elements prior to the turning point in this story canon. And it still is.

19. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I flipped through the novelization myself.

<Possible Spoilers>

I loved at the end, how Yoda was blaming himself for everything, and how the Jedi Order should have changed when it had the opportunity.

Now, does this mean the fic will be updated anytime soon...and might get regular updates again?

20. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I got my novelizations, comicbook, Art of the Making of two weeks ago but have succeeded (SO FAR) to resist the temptation reading them ... I have my Thursday planned:

Finish my classes at 14:00 (damn, I can't skip my morning, I've got exams I've got to give!) Drive to the multiplex, sit on my seat, wait till 15:30. Flip out with the movie. Drive back home, listen to the OST CD, fetch the novel, read it... if I'm fast enough reading the novel, I might drive back to the multiplex and watch it again (who are you kidding, boy? you'll have to leave second watching for the weekend).

21. Tycalibur

Dec 26, 2001
    TJM: Yes, it does. The problem with this story is I've opened so many doors, so many unresolved plot holes, and each door needs to be closed as believeably as it was opened. That's where my writer's block keeps stumbling.

I know how the story is going to end. The ending may even shock you. It's traveling to that point that's difficult.

I've asked several accomplished writers from the TF.N Archives if they were interested in co-authoring the piece, because my ultimate goal is to get it Archived.

So far, none of them are interested in doing more than a good long beta for it, but you know what? I don't blame them at all...although I am unspeakably gratified at all the encouragement I've received about the story over the time it's been up...and the loyalty of the people who have read it is and will continue to be immensly appreciated beyond words.....the story is, imo, kind of messy to resolve.

I have learned from a good friend over the years *cough* LP *cough* to write way ahead of schedule, then post. You do have my utmost assurances, TJM (and the rest of my readers) that when I have enough material to post again, the posts will be on a regular basis.

*EPIII SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT*

And I agree with your comment about Yoda, I remember at some point in this story when he and Ben are talking to Luke about the past that Yoda was very concerned about the arrogance of the Jedi in the past. I was reaching in hoping I would be right about that.

Also, I don't have to correct the fact that Mace Windu was killed by Anakin. :D

But there are other things I still have to fix. A few facts about Padme, Anakin not knowing about Luke, small things of that nature.

Enjoy Episode III, folks. I know I will.

22. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I saw Revenge of the Sith last Friday. I thought it was amazing.

23. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    I haven't read the whole thing yet...but it certainly sounds interesting...Luke being prevented from going to Cloud City, and then Vader wanting to seek Luke out....:)

24. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
  25. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey, I can't handle all this Active Topic Notification stuff in my e-mail...takes too much time to sort through it all, and I'm trying to do my own fic project. Could you PM me when you update this story? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.