main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

At What Cost (angish, JA, AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ok, so I admit that i just read JA 15. Hey, I've been busy. Anyway I got to one part and my brain went on angish mode. So I had to write this and get it off my chest.

Summary: What if Qui-Gon didn't go back after the attack on the Rock Workers. AU.
    Spoilers: JA 15
    Purely an angish story. If it isn't than I should just stop now and never try this again. Only one post.

The words echoed through Qui-Gon?s head as he raced back to canyon where the Rock Workers lived. He had rescued Tahl, gotten to her just before Balog was going to inject her again. She was weak and Qui-Gon had to carry her to the speeder, but he was sure she was going to make it.

She had to make it.

You?re wrong.

He left Obi-Wan, left his Padawan, to help the Workers alone. He was sure the boy could do it. He was well trained and wouldn?t do anything foolish. So why was the Force swirling around him, telling him something had happened? And why was there a void where the bond should be? Cold, empty? lifeless.

No! I wouldn?t believe it.

He had done what he thought was best. He had to go after Tahl, rescue her, make sure she was safe. He didn?t know what he would do if something would happen to her. Would he go mad? Lose all emotion? Turn to? the Dark Side?

Qui-Gon shook his head. He wasn?t sure and frankly he didn?t want to find out. But what was the cost of him rescuing the women that held his heart?

You?re wrong.

His Padawan had never spoken to him like that before. The boy usually paid close attention to his words and when the rare time he did feel the need to speak up he done so in his usual quiet and soft manner.
    But Obi-Wan had thought Qui-Gon was going against all he had been taught, all he wanted to be. And maybe Qui-Gon was, but he hadn?t cared. All that had mattered was Tahl.

He glanced over at the women. She was resting quietly, his cloak wrapped around her thin form. He had almost lost her. He knew that now. If he had waited any longer, she would have been too weak to go on, to live. But he saved her and that was all that matter.

Almost.

He pulled the speeder as close to the settlement as he could. The wind blew through his loose hair and stirred up dust and sand. It was silent.

Qui-Gon stepped slowly out of the speeder, senses on high alert. He scanned the cliff walls but saw nothing. The Force was still restless but he felt no danger. He started for the settlement. He had hidden the speeder. Tahl would be safe and she needed to rest.

?Qui-Gon.?

He stopped and turned slightly. Tahl was half sitting up, struggling to get the robe off.

?I?m coming with.?

Qui-Gon shook his head as he moved back to her.

?No, you are too weak. You need to rest. I wouldn?t be long.?

Tahl fixed her sightless eyes on him, the green and gold sparkling in the light of the sun.

?I?m still going, whether you like it not.?

Qui-Gon growled and tried to stare her down, but it was useless to do so to the blind person. Not like he would have won if she could still see.

Without a word he moved to the other side of the speeder and, with gentleness that belayed his shimmering emotions, lifted her out.

?You can put me down now.?

?The only way you are going anywhere is if I?m carrying you.? He made his voice firm. He was in no mood to argue. Not when that warm light was gone from his mind.

Unbidden, the last words he heard Obi-Wan say came to his mind once again.

You?re wrong.

Force, please, let me be wrong.

He carried Tahl back to the settlement. Bodies littered the landscape. Tahl made a small sound of shock and grief but said nothing. Qui-Gon just kept walking, looking, searching. He didn?t dare call out; it seemed indecent to do so.

He heard a small cry then rocks as they fell down the cliff walks. Eritha appeared out of the stone and ran to them. Her eyes were red and tears streamed down her cheeks.

?Qui-Gon! Tahl!? She cried. The lone twin rushed to them and

2. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    WOW.

I've only skimmed through JA #15 but anyway, this is just...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

*thumbs up*

x Clare x

3. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

you have a least warned us :_|

4. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Oh no! How sad. :(

5. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Warning? What's the fun in that?

~Swede [face_devil]

6. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Just upping.

7. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    You were soooo wrong Qui. :_|

8. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Upping this for my sister so she can find it.

9. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    Nooooooooooo! :_|

Awesome fic; so very sad... Poor Obi. Interesting that you chose to keep Eritha alive...

Great job! :D

Edit: removed JA16 spoiler :p

10. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    You killed himmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHACK! okay..all better now. SEE QUI???? This is what happens when your hormones get outta whack.

11. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I don't care if you did kill him! It's kind of annoying how they're immune to death!! Well, anywho, this was so great. I hope you write more stories, because you've got the touch.

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    [face_blush] Thanks everyone. :D I do try.

~Swede :p

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great story TheSwedishJedi! :)

14. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    *Smacks Qui-Gon over the head* It's all your FAULT!

You worthless little NUMBSKULL!
    But, Obi-Wan's not REALLY dead, right?

Right!?

15. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    That was so good!
    Oh, my gosh!

You have to do more of that!

16. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    What? Killing Obi? I thought there was an unwriten rule not to do that. I just wanted to put Qui-Gon threw the ringer for acting like he was in the book. :D

~Swede :p

17. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Goodness, anyone have a tissue? MY BOY IS DEAD!! :_| I really wanted to kick Qui's sorry arse after I read JA #15... He's such an.... OLD GIT, LOSER, IDIOT, THICK-HEADED SCOUNDREL, MONKEY, GEEZER.... In BOTH cases!! :mad: *Notices everyone staring at her* Alright, I'm done! :)

Wonderful story, by the way!! :D

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Just upping. :D

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Just feel like upping this.

20. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    This was really a great angst story,

You should write more!

21. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
  22. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    That was sad. Qui is so dumb to let Obi go by himself. He got Obi killed. That was great SwedishJedi.

23. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Swedie that was so sad. I let you have fun in my pic (killing mace) and here your making me cry my eyes out. Qui it's all your fault. *Grabs Obi's lightsaber* you asked for it *stabs Qui. Well it make me feel a little bit better

24. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    WOW! How did I miss this? Great job Swede!! The JA series has been so disappointing (at least in my opinon) that it's nice to see variations of it. Even if you did kill the poor kid! :)

Wonderful!!!!

Obi

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Of course Obi is alive,he is the Jedi hope.As for the story ,it was beautifully written,but I usually read stories for enjoyment and Qgj or Obi dying does not fit my bill of enjoyment.I do normally love your stories Swede, just not the sad ones.PEACE Ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.