main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

At What Price ( Yet another JA Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eryce, Jan 3, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Is the mind seeker a snake creature? Obi should jussst hiss back. Great post. Just a tad to short though. Maybe that means we won't have to wait to long? tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Kaylla Norn (edited 05-23-2000).]

2. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    "Obi-Wan fought the urge to scream."

Poor Obi, but he's not the only one fighting the urge to scream. Please tell me we won't have to wait for weeks and weeks and weeks again. Please. Please tell me there wil be a wonderful post tonight, Friday May 26, 2000 Please.

redface.gif redface.gif

3. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Sigh. The last time I posted, 3 people read it.

But no fear, just for you loyal fans out there(if there actually are any), new post tonight... on all 3 threads...

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I read it !! I read it !!! Just didnt post anything afterwards....more please...

5. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    All three threads??? Honest? I'll make a point of checking later.

6. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    I did say the next part would be longer right? Right. *Cough* Well, it is.. sorta, just that it's broken into smaller parts and errmm... *weak laughter*

He was meditating when he heard it, Master!, jolting him out of the tranquil state with his heart pounding. Disorientated, he had to take a moment to center himself before his brain finally processed?

Padawan!

The silence that greeted him when he tried to reach Obi-Wan through the bond propelled him to his feet. He started running along the corridors past startled Jedi towards the gardens, a faint taste of something in his mouth. Adrenaline pumped through his veins, forcing his body to move faster. Obi-Wan's all right. He's all right. Qui-Gon chanted like a mantra, willing it to true even as he tried to tame the panic that was flaring out of control. Even as that special part of his soul remind muted.

As he neared the gardens, he mentally braced himself. Not knowing what he may find made things much worse. His Padawan could be hurt or .. worse. His mind skittered away from the thought. Please let him be all right, Qui-Gon prayed silently to whatever Gods that might have been listening. Something caught his eye and he skidded to a halt abruptly, panting from the exertion. There were no obvious signs of struggle. No blood. No Padawan.

There was only a rock.

It was an ordinary looking rock. It was black and shiny. It had deep red streaks running across its smooth surface. It belonged to Obi-Wan.

Nothing could have prepared him for this. This wild surge of emotion which threatened to paralyze him and steal away every thought. A detached part of himself deduced that only the use of force would have separated the boy with this rock. The other part was consumed with anguish and despair.

Qui-Gon finally recognized the taste in his mouth that had been plaguing him ever since the desperate cry for help seared into his mind. It was the bitter taste of fear.

[This message has been edited by Eryce (edited 05-26-2000).]

7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Yikes I'm reading, I'm reading!!!
    And they are great post to. Way to short though

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, no, Obi-Wan's lost his rock! How can he survive without it? What will help him resist the Mind Seeker?

What IS the Mind Seeker anyway? Why does Obi-Wan start screaming at the sight of him? I can't wait to find out!

9. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm sure the taste of fear was something Qui-Gon normally was quite use to surpressing. Now he has to find Obi-Wan and save him quickly.

10. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    You got to hand it to the both of them. Ob-Wan with getting tourtured. Then with Qui-Gon always going through emotional termoil when Obi-Wan does.
    Oh well. We want more story.

11. Sith_Terminator

Sith_Terminator Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2000
    MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

so say all the masters on the council and me!!!

12. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Please post again. Just one more yime.

13. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Geese! how come every one has to pick on poor Obi-Wan? Wow, this post was great! I still am dying to know about the mind seeker, so post soon!

14. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    How did I miss this update!!!! I usually jump when I see a Eryce update, oh well. This continues to be a great story. Very well written, but then again every story by Eryce has been very well written. I hope we get more soon, on all of your threads!!!!!!!!

15. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I believe the context of the original argument that the novels continually placed references and flashbacks from the Original Trilogy. I am glad to see this trend changing now, with more flashbacks from the expanded universe, such as the Dark Tide duology has shown, it makes the universe seem more internally consistent!

16. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I believe the context of the original argument that the novels continually placed references and flashbacks from the Original Trilogy. I am glad to see this trend changing now, with more flashbacks from the expanded universe, such as the Dark Tide duology has shown, it makes the universe seem more internally consistent!

17. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
  18. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    With a story this good there should be more updates.

19. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Uppers!

20. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Eryce why don't you up it with more story. Even if it is short. Short post is better then no post.

21. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Umm.. this is weird. I have posts from another thread in this one and ... even weirder... this thread suddenly went up to 10 pages???? I can't find my first page.. can anyone help me here?

22. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    The first page is in the middle of the seventh page. How odd.

23. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    One thing to say..... POST pleaseeeeee!!!!

24. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    It starts on the 7th page. You mihjy want to start the thread over.
    To The Top!!!!!

25. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.