main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atheism discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Fire_Ice_Death, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    F_I_D,

I AM NOT baiting anyone, but I can point out some blatant violations of forum policy cast my way over the last few days.

EDIT:

The best you can level at me is reactionary comments following barbs from individuals with whom I did not even initiate discussion.

If you can find comments where I railed about the "stupidity of atheism" or about atheists being "morons," or any of the other silly vitriole exhibited towards "Christianity," or myself, please copy/paste for my sincerest apology.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Throughout this thread and others there are many listings and links provided already to creationist circle-jerking. I guess you decided to overlook those then go on calling me a lier and a Nazi when in fact evolution and cosmology are backed by mountains of research which you will just ignore or put down in favor of your belief without any real logic research or reasoning.

And your last post concerning me is totally baiting and you sit and deny it(I guess what...you didn't call me a Nazi?) Cute.

Here's a good list

And you offer only the same nonsense that they do and somehow think you have successfully debated in some way.

I guess you also decided to ignore the fact that ID is a tool created for political control as admitted by those who originated it.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, this thread is current degenerating into a slew of personal attacks - and they're not even creative! Well, next person to make this about the people and their intelligence (or assumed lack thereof) gets 24 hours in the corner to think about what they've done wrong and how they could do better.

You may fight tooth and nail about the issues, not the people. So you may a) get back on track, or b) have the honour of being my first ban-stick victim.

This goes for both Brooks and VadersLaMent, as well as anyone else.

E_S

4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
  5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    o_O

Look, it's just I want my first time to be special, with someone I don't care about.

You understand, don't you?

[face_batting]

E_S

6. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    Enforcer,

Saw a Simpson's rerun last night. Homer and Marge were overlooking Bart knelt in prayer at the side of his bed. Bart had about wrapped it up, and, then, hastily added a final petition,"Oh yeah, God, please kill Sideshow Bob!"

Homer in paternal-mode sternly corrected Bart;"Boy, do your own dirty work!"

[Paraphrased. Don't know if the dialogue is exact.]

How timely, huh.

I believe you were critisizing me in this thread a couple days ago for talking about South Park yet here you seem to be doing the very same thing.

7. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    Evolution proved? [face_laugh]

Yeah Right, that's the most rediculous thing I have ever heard in my life.

You put too much emphasis on "What science can do" when in reality, science can and never will understandt he full bearing of how or when this universe and everyone in it was created. I believe we WERE created by God, tell me this, where did the cells in which this entire universe "evolved" from? Where did they come from? Nothing cannot create nothing. Something is needed to create something, man over tools and IMO God over Human kind and everything we use and look at.

There is no way evolution was somehow smart enough to make such a complex system as us?

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    This is not an evolution vs. creation debate. In this thread evolution is a fact. Which it already is. Even if you don't believe it or not.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Vaderous; a lack of understanding of evolutionary theory and biochemistry aside, can you please observe this as an atheism thread and not a debate on the origin of our species?

E_S

10. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    Evolution proved?

Yeah Right, that's the most rediculous thing I have ever heard in my life.

Evolution is proved. That is a fact. You want proof? Ask any scientist who isn't Babtist or Catholic. (Well, actually, those people arn't even scientists)

You put too much emphasis on "What science can do" when in reality, science can and never will understandt he full bearing of how or when this universe and everyone in it was created. I believe we WERE created by God, tell me this, where did the cells in which this entire universe "evolved" from? Where did they come from? Nothing cannot create nothing. Something is needed to create something, man over tools and IMO God over Human kind and everything we use and look at.

There is no way evolution was somehow smart enough to make such a complex system as us?

In reality, science proves what religion fails miserabely to do. Tell me this, why do you trust the bible when the bible was written by religious disciples and science is studied based a facts not some bull**** that was made to go along with religion. Science is studied. Religion is made up off the top of their heads. You may not understand where cells came from and how "nothing comes from nothing," but your not a scientist. You may also say evolution is not proved. But the facts are, your some random guy who knows nothing about science and scientists use facts to create other facts. In this case, your opinion on weather evolution is proved or not doesn't count, given you're not a scientist.

11. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Instead of having this debate here, how about we start a new rule:

In an atheism thread, you can't use God as evidence to support ANYTHING. You won't convince anyone; the atheists will just think you're stupid.

In this thread evolution is a fact.

Sorry, but no. Atheism does not 100% imply a belief in the factuality of science. As myself and others have pointed out, atheism is not a specific belief system, but simply a LACK of a belief in a god or gods. You can be an atheist and believe that pigs can fly if you want, or that gravity is a hoax. Again, the only prerequisite for atheism is a lack of belief in a god or gods.

12. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    My point, unless you show me some of these "facts" your debate here is a pointless rant.

13. Deyla_Heren

Deyla_Heren Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Do you know what scientists are?

Scientists are men/women who try to understand God's laws.

14. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh man, this is the funniest thing I've read all day.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to think up a legitimate post but...my God, this is too funny.

Squ33k!

15. Deyla_Heren

Mar 11, 2005
    I don't find it funny. It's true. You don't have to believe it, but God Created the Universe. He created the earth, and he created us in his own image. Scientists are those who try to find out God's laws.

16. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    I think that is the original meaning for Scientists, I'm probably wrong being such a moron and all.

17. Deyla_Heren

Mar 11, 2005
    Yes, it was the original meaning for scientists. Most scientists aren't actually trying to study God's laws now-a-days.

18. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Which is not good because it's just keeping more scientific advances away from us.

19. Deyla_Heren

Mar 11, 2005
    Exactly. We need more Christians in the government, to stay by the Constitution, which was originally made up by Christians.

20. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Well I am not so sure about that.
    Thats what I was Made to belive, That God exists.
    Religion was scared into me.
    Becasue your always taught about how bad things happen if you dont believe.
    And I always wonderd why God let bad/horrible things happen to good people and I just
    came around to losing my faith.
    its still a scary thought to this day but when you really look at it.
    its a bunch of gibberish.-to me
    I dont think we will ever know how man came into being.
    And i rather like it like that.

21. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    I agree totally with you.

22. Deyla_Heren

Mar 11, 2005
    Well whoever taught you that was not a Christian. There is always a reason. For everything. Possibly for something good to happen. God made men so that man and God could have fellowship together. Jesus died instead of man's place. The reason Jesus died was to save man from being punished for sinning. Belief in God should not be scared into you. The only reason it would be is because you would be spending eternity in hell if you do not get saved and truly believe in Jesus as Saviour and Lord...

But I think I'm turning this into a preaching thread instead of Atheism discussion. :p So perhaps there should be a thread, if there isn't already one, about Christian discussion?

23. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh Jesus Christ, you two cannot be serious.

Read a history book.

Also, NOT EVERYONE IS A CHRISTIAN!

I will not live in a country ruled by the Bible as interpretted by evangelicals who would piss all over the first amendment. [face_plain]

Bring Jesus down here to rule and I would consider it, but I refuse to live under a nation of mortals who claim the authority of God.

Squ33k!

24. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    And I am afriad that I dont.
    Christians ,wich is supposed to be my religon, only think of people who dont belive as evil and hate them even though they're not suppossed to hate them they do.
    I think they're just a buch of hypocrities(sp)

25. Deyla_Heren

Mar 11, 2005
    Yes, about 10% of the population in the world are Christian. A history book, you say? History! History is usually VERY WRONG, unless you're reading it from the Bible. But please, do not get cut or angry. I am stating my opinion... and uhh... I'm not claiming the authority of God.

Jesus will come again one day. And then you will be judged.

This is what I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.