main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATI All In Wonder 8500 128mb

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by jedi_slayer, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_slayer

jedi_slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    I found a site where they are selling as box and as OEM. what is OEM???
    >>Garrett

2. Sauja-Dupen

Sauja-Dupen Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 1999
    Original Equipment Manufacturer.

This the kit they sell to the folks who assemble and sell PCs.

I won't have all the bundled software and no box, but everything works, mine was OEM.

Sauja

3. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    You can purchase a 6-pin firewire card that will interface with most of the newer camcorders for cheap for under $35. You don't need to buy a $400 video card just to do digital video.

Chris

4. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    They also said that Jedi Knight 2 cant play on multiple monitors ... but it can so i wouldnt trust that the ati card would have _no_ trouble running galaxies (it will.. ati cards have terrible drivers)... :p anyway i'd save ur money and wait for the Matrox Parhelia *DROOL* .. it does tripple display (thats right u can have ur desktop span across three monitors :)) at 2 to 3 times the speed of a single display geforce4 :p (i like the card cuz im a graphics freak... and need the power :)) however there's no dv in.. but a 20$ firewire card will fix that... also the parhelia ships with 256MB 650Mhz 256bit ddr ram :p making for nearly double the bandwidth and ammount of ram than a geforce 4 :)... BAH just the tripple display is what gets me drooling :) not to mention matrox is the leader in multiple displays for computer systems.. plus for graphics reasons (photoshop and 3d) the parhelia can display 1 billion colors on ur screen.. (thats more than what comes out an ati or nvidia card :) which is somewhere in the neighborhood of thousands of colors) .. it will be interesting to see what the new nvidia card will be like in responce to this.. (ati's reaction too..)

Edit: specs are here
    and some other info here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.