main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlanta Episode II Line Up Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Jace Darkrider, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Actually, the best investment a new person can make is one of those giant map books. Go ahead and spring for the really big one.

It costs more, but it'll get you where you need to go. And you'll find that you don't always stay in your part of town, so getting the county ones will just result in pain down the road.

Actually, what we all really need is a good navicomputer. Or maybe R2 with some extra programming for the Atlanta metro. 8-}

2. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Gosh... I can't even remember how many times my life would have been easier if there had been a place in my car for an R2 unit...

3. Faces of Silas

Faces of Silas Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 1999
    All roads lead from the Big Chicken

There was a time when all directions to anywhere in Atlanta used that landmark as the starting point. ;)

4. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I apologize for my comments then. Rosiewook is right, inflection can never be REALLY be determined in an email. So, welcome to the thread and the Atlanta forum then. We (and I mean me too) hope you can join us at a meeting and to catch the premiere of Episode II.

And mapquest is okay. I'll try the Rand McNally link next time I need directions. Perhaps I'll get try them for the Indy Celebration.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hmmm... I must try that Rand McNally link. I don't know how many times Sharon (the map reader, a.k.a. navigator) and I have gotten a tad bit confused by MapQuest and Mapblast directions. Imagine, if you will, me zooming through Atlanta traffic, as Sharon calls out the MapQuest directions I printed out before we left my house. Then imagine that the directions are incorrect and the total chaos that ensues as we try to figure out where in the heck we are without having a wreck. ;)

6. Faces of Silas

Jul 11, 1999
    The apology is quite unnecessary, Darkrider.

My brother and I were at the Hollywood 24, at 12:01 three years ago. Opening day viewings have become a tradition with us. I'm not sure where we'll see it this time because we wanted to find something a little closer to home. I'm already pumped. However, I must admit I became even more giddy when I decided to check out the Forums again and found out about the line up plans.

A big thumbs up to everyone involved in the organizing.

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Since I forgot to do this in my last message...

Welcome to the boards, Faces of Silas! I do hope that you'll be able to join us for the line-up. :)

How far do you live from the Regal 24, just out of curiosity? It takes me about 25 to 35 minutes to drive there. (In truly horrible traffic, it takes about 45 minutes.)

8. JangoFett35

JangoFett35 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey guys. I heard that Episode II tickets go on sale this Friday, May 3rd. I am not sure of the accuracy of this information, but regardless, do you guys plan to form a line for tickets at Regal? If so, how many hours in advance do u think is necessary to secure tickets for the midnight showing on the 16th?

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    As of right now, we will not be lining up for tickets. Many of us will be in Indy for Celebration 2, and those who are not going will be at work or school all day. Most of us will probably get our tickets online. We will be doing the line-up on May 14th through the 16th just for the sheer fun of it...and to get the best seats. :)

10. JangoFett35

JangoFett35 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    You're going to order the tickets online? For Episode I, I was confident that online would be the way to get tickets. I got home from school at 4 pm, and to my surprise, it was impossible to get through to any site selling Episode I tickets. The phone alternative also proved hopeless. If it were not for my friend waiting in line, I would not have been at the midnight showing. It seems that online tickets might be more feasible if done earlier than 4 pm, but exactly what time do you guys plan to get online to buy them? How early were tickets available online for episode I?

11. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    The interesting part of ticket buying is that many metro theaters didn't even put tickets for the midnight opening on sale until the day before or the day of. I walked right up to the ticket window the day of to buy my tix for midnight. As the Hothlanta Rebels have chosen Regal Hollywood 24 as the theater, management indicated tix would be available online the week before it opens. As far as going in to get them, it is unknown. May 3rd is just a rumor now (albeit, a strong rumor). But because of CII, I can't understand why they would do that. Seems unfair to the hardcore fans who are already travelling to go to a Star Wars convention and are away from home.

12. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Perhaps someone could monitor the ticket-buying situation... perhaps appoint a representative to collect funds and purchase tickets online when they are available en masse... Then distribute them at some predetermined time and location... just a thought... and it might take some strain off those worried about getting tickets in time...

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Chris and I are trying to work out something just in case tickets go on sale while everyone is in Indy. I'll let y'all know if anything comes of it.

14. Faces of Silas

Jul 11, 1999
    Thank you for the welcome, Minacia_Brightstar. Actually, as you can see by my registration date I'm not that new - just a little out of touch. ;)

Trust me, I was considering the Hollywood 24. It takes me about 30 minutes to get there. However, my brother lives out beyond the Mall of Georgia. When you have kids and it's a school night, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I got tickets when the getting was good. I picked mine up yesterday afternoon at the AMC 18 in Lawrenceville. 12:01 AM, baby!! Yahoo!!

I'm taking off the week of the 16th, so I still may be able to swing by and partake in the festivities at the Hollywood 24. We shall see.

This is going to be so cool. :D

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    The AMC theater chain began selling tickets on May 2nd in some cities. Most of the Regal theaters still have not decided when they will begin selling tickets.

I do hope that you can stop by to see us, Silas. If not, perhaps we will see you at one of our monthly meetings. :)

Well, I must go. My ticket vigil continues.

16. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Van Miller, the manager of the Regal Cinemas Hollywood 24, is a man of his word. He called me earlier this evening to let me know that AOTC tickets were about to go on sale. He said that he would hold off releasing them to the public until I could get down there and buy a small block for our group. I hurriedly drove down to the Regal 24 and bought us a block of tickets.

Most of the tickets are being held for those of us who signed up on the line-up party roster. Please check out the mailing list, as I have just sent out an e-mail containing more details.

If anyone here is not a member of our mailing list, go to the mailing list sign up page to subscribe.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. :)

17. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    I would like to further expand on Minacia's post. Please come and join the Hothlanta Rebels Wednesday, May 15th at Regal Hollywood 24 off of I85 North for the Midnight showing of Episode II. I am not sure if tickets are sold out yet.

The line for the showing will have a Star Wars trivia contest, a Death Star pinata, Star Wars charades and a chance to meet other fans. Prizes are being generously donated by Titan Comics and Games and Regal Theaters.

I hope lot's of folks can come and join us.

18. URUKHAI

URUKHAI Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Are any of the 501st or anyone here going to be dressed up at the line up?

19. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    There will be a fair number of the 501st there, in costume.

I don't know about other Non-501st folks. I'm trying to get a Padme costume done, but I've about lost patience with this blasted belt, holster, and pouches. I'll most likely wear my Jedi gear.

~Caleigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.