main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATM machine and credit card question

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by TheWampas1138, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    First off, is there an ATM machine at the convention center? There is in most, but you always want to be sure. Second, does anyone know if the vendors on the show floor, and places like C2 Ventures autograph ticket booths will take credit/debit cards?

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Here is what the Indiana Convention Center told me:
    "ATM machines is National City Bank."

I have no idea if the vendors will accept credit/debit cards but I wouldn't count on it. But to be sure, I sent an e-mail to Kristie Crawford at WotC.

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I have an account with National City in Pittsburgh and my experience with their MAC machines have not been good. I think that National City keeps a lower amount of cash in their machines compared to other banks, and therefor they run out of money faster. So don't count on the MAC machines in the convention center as your sole source for money.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I was just hoping to avoid carrying around cash all the time, or getting in a situation where I had withdrawn my limit for the day, only to find something I wanted and didn't have the cash for. I don't even use cash to buy $5 of groceries at the store anymore thanks to debit cards.

5. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    What about Interac cards? Argh, I'm at TD/Canada Trust and I'll probably get charged mountains of service fees. So many things to think about!

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    hmm, National City, huh? They're kind of high with their service fees...went to one by my house once and was charged $2.50. Does anyone know if there are any credit union ATM's anywhere near by?

7. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I know these ATMs don't charge a fee if you belong to a credit union that's serviced by this service center --> http://www.scc-sc24.org/

Here are the listings for Indianapolis...hopefully they aren't too far away from the Convention Center &/or hotels.

Castleton Credit Union Center
    6150 E. 82nd Street
    24 Hour ATM

Credit Union Service Centers
    8811 Hardegan Street
    24 Hour ATM

9333 N. Meridian
    24 Hour ATM

10120 E. Washington Street
    24 Hour ATM

8. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Cool, thanks for the info Diana. :)

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Any major company doesn't accept Credit Cards these days? I don't think so.

I've credit card, so I ought to be fine ;)

You still have Debit Cards? Try to upgrade it to a check card, with Visa logo on it, so it becomes a Virtual Credit Card. The ONLY difference is, it takes money off your check acct immediately.

10. Geester

Geester Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Ah, one of my pet peeves. Someone saying "...ATM machine." Aren't you really saying Automatic teller machine machine? That's almost as annoying as someone ending a sentence with a preposition, like "where are you at?" AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

11. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Circle Center Mall is nearby, within walking distance, or so the Omni Sevrin Hotel says.

I've never known a mall that didn't have ATMs, but of course I've never know a mall ATM that didn't have extremely high fees either. At least it's another source of cash.

DarkJediPrincess

12. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Credit cards being accepted by vendors at conventions is very common today. All any of them really need is an account and a phone. If they can't use a phone line on site, then they just typically use their cell phone to dial in and get the credit card authorization number. I would be VERY SURPRISED if WotC didn't take plastic at the show for their stuff.

13. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I expect most of my purchases to be on the plastic but a few small vendors I expect will require cash. I'm bringing some traveler's checks as well. and as a credit union member I really appreciate THDiana's tip.

14. jjp125

jjp125 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    JediToren, have you heard back from Kristie Crawford at WotC. I know if I carry cash on me I will spend it in the first 5 minutes. So I am expecting to charge some stuff. An official confirmation from Wotc would be nice. Even just to know for the Celebration store and for the autograph vouchers.

15. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry, still haven't heard anything.

16. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    "There will be ATMS on site. Most vendors accept credit cards. Checks will not be accepted.

Thank you,
    Alex Tinsman
    "

17. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    Downtown Indy is full of banks. You will not be a block away from 3 or 4 atm's. There is also a Walgreens by the circle, buy a candy bar and get cash back up to $40 each sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.