main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atmospheric dogfight over Geonosis

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo_Base

Echo_Base Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    Third page?
    Say it with me......Please!

Now, TFN has posted a shot on the Ep2 spoilers section of Padme and Ani looking up at something from the Geonosian Arena floor.
    Guess what theyre looking up at.... ;)

But the really good thing about this is, its when the last remaining Jedi are backed into a corner by the Droids. And, get this, Dooku offers Mace the chance to surrender! :D
    Can you guess what his reply to THAT is?

2. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    I could guess...but I really shouldn't be using that kind of language in this forum.

;)

3. Echo_Base

May 15, 2001
    I have the feeling Mace is gonna be Fanboys number 1 after this scene...

4. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Can you guess what his reply to THAT is?

I have no imagination to make a guess.

What's his reply?

5. Echo_Base

May 15, 2001
    SI?

COJ?

Anyone? I dont know Vanda, but he def. tells him to get lost (in so many words). But the exact dialogue, sorry, dunno.
    And at that point, everyone looks up...

6. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    mace's reply is
    "oh dear god no please dont kill mehe he(sob,sob,sniff")

7. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Okay. We have the droids/beasts fighting Jedi in the arena. Then we have clones arrive to save the Jedi. Then there is a huge dogfight in the skies above the arena. What are the creatures in the crowd doing? DO they just sit there throughout everything?

8. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    MACE: We will not be hostages for you to barter with, Dooku.

Along those lines...

9. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Just leak the whole thing while you're at it, then, "insider".

10. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Sorry, sorry...

11. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    What are the creatures in the crowd doing?

They probably ran away once all the shooting started.

12. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    actually they fly away.

13. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    Actualy they crawl away. They decided that they needed to be as humble as a worm to save themselves, so they all dug holes in the arena walls and crawled through the ground to get to the surface.

14. Lord_Darkseid

Lord_Darkseid Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2001
    Disclaimer:
    I am not an insider, nor do I have access to the script in any form. This is purely Fanfic based on information gathered here in the forums to date, info gleaned from the trailers, and a little logical speculation thrown in to fill in the holes.

Although it's long, this is posted for your enjoyment and to fuel the discussion. Perhaps the insider's can confirm or refute some of the plot points contained.

Enjoy.

INT. GLADITORIAL ARENA (GEONOSIS) ? DAY
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anakin and Padme are tied to the execution cart as it is pulled out to the arena area. The gravity of their situation is beginning to sink in. In moments, they are to be executed for the amusement of thousands in the arena outside . They gaze into each other's eyes for what may be their last intimate moment together.

Their faces move closer for a final kiss when the light and noise of the arena finally intrudes on their moment.

EXT. GLADIATORIAL ARENA (GEONOSIS) - LATE AFTERNOON

The arena looks like a giant pit, although it's not quite circular all the way around. It has been built into the landscape, flowing with the rock, forming around giant columns. It?s huge.

Futuristic looking gladiators carrying shields and weapons emerge out of a tunnel into the main arena. The crowd cheers.

Overlooking the grand arena in a VIP style "box" area sit archduke POGGLE THE LESSER, Count Dooku, and Nute Gunray from the Trade Federation. Jango Fett stands calmly behind Poggle and Dooku

The cart carrying Anakin, and Padme stops in the middle of the arena near several tall columns. OBI-WAN is already in-place, handcuffed to one of the poles. A Geonesion guard cuffs Padme and then Anakin to two other columns.

OBI-WAN looks over and sarcastically asks Anakin what brings them here.

ANAKIN
    We came here to rescue you

OBI-WAN (more sarcasm)
    Good job.

Count Dooku makes a statement to the bloodthirty throngs in the arena stands and then orders the games to begin. A geonesion warrior rides up on a beast carrying a large spear like weapon and shield. He holds his weapon high and then cuts through the chains of the three prisoners. He tries to ride off but OBI-WAN uses the force to knock the GEONESION off his steed. OBI-WAN runs over and grabs the warriors spear and shield. The other warriors attack but the Jedi make quick work of them. The crowd boos loudly as the last GEONESION warrior is beaten. Just then a huge Mantis-like creature called the ACKLAY is released into the arena. It moves in quickly and attacks OBI-WAN and the beaten GEONESION warrior. OBI-WAN leaps and rolls out of the way but the ACKLAY quickly kills and devours the slower GEONESION.

The crowd cheers wildly. OBI-WAN and ANAKIN use the weapons of the beaten GEONESION warriors to fend off the ACKLAY's attacks. PADME stands a safe distance behind ANAKIN. Behind her a large panther like feline predator called the NEXU pounces on her. She yells out in pain as it pins her to the ground under one of it's clawed feet. Her shirt is ripped and her back is scratched and bleeding. ANAKIN screams out and attacks the NEXU, leaving OBI-WAN alone to deal with the ACKLAY. The NEXU backs off of PADME and focuses on ANAKIN. PADME jumps up and gets behind ANAKIN. The NEXU stalks stalks them with it's head low, easily avoiding ANAKIN's panicky jabs with a spear. The NEXU swipes quickly at the weapon, sending ANAKIN's spear flying from his hand.

Meanwhile, Obi Wan is contending with the giant ACKLAY. He uses the spear to defend himself from the long lightning fast claws of the beast. He manages to get an inside stab at the attacking monster and wounds it severely. The beast flails wildly, knocking OBI-WAN rolling on the ground.

With PADME still behind him, ANAKIN struggles to hold off the NEXU with only a shield. The feline beast has backed them toward the ACKLAY and OBI-WAN. The NEXU becomes distracted by the smell of the ACKLAY's blood. Sensing an easier and much

15. Damillster

Jul 24, 2000
    I like it!

16. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    Thank you much sir.

17. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    You rock, Lord_Darkseid! :D

*Import_Jedi slowly grumbles to himself that his first viewing of AOTC is most decisively spoiled from reading that post. Idiot me!* :(

18. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    That's quite good.

What makes you think the Geonosian would cut the chains? What would be the point of chaining them up to a pole and then cutting the chains strait afterwards?

19. Damillster

Jul 24, 2000
    I always thought the chains were cut by the pinchers of one of the beasts.

20. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    That was a guess at what might happen, made by one of the more respected members on these boards. Therefore, as dehrian's signature suggests, speculation soon became 'fact.'

However, to the best of my knowledge, this method of cutting the chain has never been outright denied by SI or PD, so it's quite possible still.

21. BLKNIGHT18

BLKNIGHT18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2001
    Great job.

22. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    In the Chain Gang thread, a long time ago, I believe SI revealed that Anakin and Obi-Wan are freed when the poles they're chained to are knocked over by the beasts charging at them. If anyone wants the exact details, you should look that thread up.

23. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    The gladiatorial rule book clearly states

Prisoners/prey shall be brought into the great arena, bound by chains, to ensure they do not attempt to disrupt the emperors speech or the entry of the Gladiators.

The gladiators are then brought in to the arena area, properly introduced, and cheered by their adoring fans.

Then the prisoners shall be freed from their chains and allowed to properly run, scream, or futily defend themselves. This gives the warriors proper sport and the crowds some entertainment value.

If any of the prisoners are so rude as to actually, somehow, survive our gladiators, then hungry predators shall be released to ensure their timely death, and entertain the spectators.

There is little sport in watching a well trained and heavily armed "warrior" or a starved predator kill some poor sap chained to a pole. And these were twisted "sporting events" for the entertainment of the masses.

It made sense to me anyway. I hope they wouldn't just let the monsters in to attack them while still chained to the columns. It wouldn't seem consistent with the proud and honorable sporting tradition of the arena slaughter. ;)

24. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    You obviously didn't watch the Mystery Trailer, nor did you read the spoilers that came out before it.

They weren't just tied up when brought into the arena, they were actualy brought in un-chained, and then tied to poles (as seen in the myster trailer). There's no point in tying them to a pole if they're going to be unchained strait away.

25. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001

You obviously didn't watch the Mystery Trailer,

Yeah, I did

nor did you read the spoilers that came out before it.

Yeah, I did

They weren't just tied up when brought into the arena, they were actualy brought in un-chained, and then tied to poles (as seen in the myster trailer).

I think you missed my intent with the last post. There seems to be a kind of "rule book" regarding these things. Prisoners aren't killed by warrior gladiators while chained to poles. They are generally released, at the proper time, to fight or run.

That is why I speculated that they are likely intentionally freed. It doesn't sound right to me that some clumsy predator bumped into their columns or missed with a pincer and accidentally cut them free.

Of course, if someone knows otherwise, or has a more logical way of getting them free I'd love to hear it.

There's no point in tying them to a pole if they're going to be unchained strait away.

Not "strait" away. After the announcements and introductions, so they can't ambush the gladiators during their entrance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.