main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atmospheric dogfight over Geonosis

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Here's one cool sequence I'd like to see during the Arena battle...

Airborne Republic gunships dodging flaks being fired at them from the ground as they approach the arena...kinda similar to the B-17's at the end of Pearl Harbor dodging flaks during the Doolittle Raid over Japan.

I think it'd also be cool if the air battle look like the one at the end of Independence Day--but with better dialogue :)

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I proclaim that my thread was the second most interesting thread in 4 months.

::the room goes silent. One can hear the soound of crickets in the background::

FOILED AGAIN!!!!!

3. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Sounds like the fight will be not unlike the final battle in ID4... But like on Acid. How fantastic will this movie be? I mean come on? Jedis fighting, clones landing, airships dueling.... Halleluiah, Holy ***t! Where's the Tylenol?

4. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Williams score to the climatic end gives me goose bumps just thinkin about it

5. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    "I proclaim this the most interesting thread in the last 4 months"

Well, I wouldn't say that...but I'm enjoying it. ;)

Thanks for the great responses!

6. SHB-JR

SHB-JR Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Looking forward to this scene more than ever with all these points revealed :)

Yours SHB JR

Who remembers it's topics like this that made
    him stop deep lurking and join the JC, pity we have so few

7. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    What will be really awesome is how the the battle will be edited. Because the atmospheric battle and Clones battle takes place in the same area, there won't be any 'cutting' between the two. How cool will it be for the camera to focus on Jedi Fighters swooping through rock formations and around the arena as said above, but then have them fly over head Clones causing mayhem and have the camera stop at the Clones bringing you seamlessly into the other part of the battle.

8. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    That's what I was thinking when I said they could be in the same shot. Like a far shot where you could see both the aerial battle and the ground battle. Or the aerial battle that actually pans down to the ground battle and back again. Or the ground battle with the aerial one in the background. The new possibilities are endless.

*drool*

9. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    Or then you can have a shot of Clones vs Droids with a Jedi Fighter blowing up something in the background, and then in the middle of whatever it is blowing up, the screen cuts to a close up of the Jedi pilot flying away from the explosion.

10. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    It's definitely more interesting having the entire climatic battle localized in a relatively small space. It's gonna be chaotic with everything going on at the same time, in practically the same spot, instead of just out in space somewhere.

11. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I hope he films it like that; as one continuous, fluid scene, whose focus shifts back and forth with the action. It'd quite a departure from the abrupt cutting style of the other films.

12. Thodge

Thodge Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2001
    The supposed scene where Boba flies Slave 1 into the deserted arena sounds a bit lame to me, I think it would be cooler if he watched the whole Jango/Mace battle from a different VIP box in the arena or something.

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Boba doesn't fly Slave I at all (not that we see onscreen anyhow). I presume that Boba will be watching the whole Arena sequence from the stands somewhere, I don't think Jango will let him come to any harm.

14. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    Yeah, Boba is in one of the VIP boxes I think.

15. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Boba is only 12. He isn't going to fly SLAVE I. They don't show him during the whole Mace-Jango fight, but after Jango is killed, and Mace runs off, Boba comes to his dad's decaptiated body, picks up the helmet that his dad had on and runs away with it.

16. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Certainly it would be cool to have a continuous battle with no wipes... but it's rettivly impossible to do that all the time. I think some awsome wipes would come into play at this point (ie: something in the arena explodes, and the camera focuses in, just as a Jedi Starfighter flies through the explosion, and the camera pans out to reveal the aerial battle).

At some points it would be good a have the camera angle "just move over", but it could be too intence for the audience. I'm pretty sure the major live action sequences in the battle were not filmed all at once, so perhaps a new type of wipe might come into play: disguised as a camera pan over a CG landscape...

17. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    With reshoots I'm sure they'll get all the live action they'll need.

18. BLKNIGHT18

BLKNIGHT18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2001
    This is the best thread in weeks. Whether you loved, liked, or didn't like TPM, it's clear that AOTC is going to blow TPM out of the water. The geonosis dogfight and ground fight sound so much better than gungans vs. droids and "yippee" I can't even think straight.

I love the ideas of one continuous battle scene instead of the cutting. It would be awesome if the camera would fly around with a jedi fighter, for a while, in a panoramic view, show it do something cool as it streaks past a close pocket of clones vs. droids, then goes close up on the ground assault, show something cool, then have another fighter fly past the camera and pan back again and follow another jedi fighter or gunship.

The whole thing just really excites me. I wasn't really into the TPM space/land battle or the ROTJ space/land battle. They just didn't feel right to me based on ANH space battle and the hoth battle. This seems to go back to them.

19. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    How about some straffing runs from the air!

Jedi deflecting blots from an air and getting knocked on their arse because the fighters bolts are too powerfull!

20. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Hope we're not building this up too much. We might be coming up with better ideas than Lucas. :eek:

21. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    We are !

EDIT: Building it up too much I mean.

thats how people get dissapointed.
    Kinda like WANTING to see Tarkin!

22. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm still going with my Oppo and Even idea.

23. Echo_Base

Echo_Base Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    Boba is there, although I cant think why Jango would take him to see a slaughter.
    Perhaps Slave 1 has autopilot.... ;)

24. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    The autopilot's name is 'Aurra Sing'.

Just kidding. ;)

25. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    weak! see what happens when you get outta the loop for a bit new things come up and things change.

well at least we know where boba is now.

VIP seat though...with who? just himself? i'd find that a bit odd...

plus you wouldnt think he stays there the whole time the battle is goin on just lookin around, would you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.