Atmospheric dogfight over Geonosis

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    right great stuff guys May 16th can't come soon enough.

But one question, stupid but necessary, is why do Obi Wan and Anakin pursue Dooku? Apart from not wanting the old codger to get away, is there another motive?

I apologise if its a dumb question.

And also Boba, now i heard earlier in the thread about Boba in a VIP box but what does he actually do once his father is killed and do we even get to see any of this while the massive battle goes on?

This is the most interesting thread i have to say, since i havent been on here for a few days its good to come back and have something great to read.
  2. PloKloon1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    In response to your questions, DarthTerrious, I have no idea. I would like to see them answered as well.

I've also had a neat idea for a scene in the climatic battle that would help tie together the different sections of it. How about if some Jedi, say Plo and Ki, are cornered by about 20 droids. And then out of the sky, this screaming Droid Starfighter crashes right into them, allowing the Jedi to escape.

It's just speculation, but at least it's pretty cool! Well, it is to me anyway...
  3. PLO--KOON Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I think Obi-Wan saw him earlier so he is not too happy about being held prisoner that is why they go after him.

I have herd that Boba escapes on slave 1 why hell is breaking loose.
    Other reports have said he picks up the helmet and it is after the Jedi have left.
  4. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    The reason for capturing Dooku is the same reason for capturing Nute in TPM, except on a much larger scale on both ends. You've got the Republic (Naboo) under the threat of the Confederacy (Trade Federation), and so the Jedi go to Geonosis not just to rescue Obi-Wan, but to capture the leader of the Confederacy in hope of stopping them by taking their leader.
  5. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    stupid of me really, i should use common sense, hmmmm what is that? I guess i'll never know ;)

Anyway is there anyone out there with concrete info on what actually goes on with Boba at the end of the episode? Its obvious he gets out in Slave 1 but what does he do before then?
  6. PLO--KOON Jedi Master

star 4
    There have been reports that he kills padawans but thats BS.I think we should just see him running to Slave 1 and escape.
  7. thetaooffett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Which would you rather see/
    Boba pick up the helmet after the battle, OR our favourite little bounty hunter scrap his way theough the battle to pick up the helmet befor he escapes? personally I go for him going after it, we don't even need much screen time; just to see him go for it, while in harms way would be cool! it would make him mean somthing more, I think.
  8. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    He wouldn't have to scrap his way through the battle at all, I mean, who's going to shoot at him? Droids? Not at the son of Jango, the servant of their leader. The Clones? Not at one of their breathen. The Jedi? Well that's just obvious that they wont. Boba is just so totally safe during that battle. If he wanted to, he could just walk right through calmly, grab it and stroll back to the Slave I without a care in the world.
  9. thetaooffett Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, I guess that would even look cooler, too! kinda alittle like R2.
  10. Damillster Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/jedi-fighter.jpg]

Very cool!
  11. DURCO1 Jedi Padawan

In one of the picture's at starwars.com. The one where Anikin and Count Dooku are fighting at the hanger. There is a blue screen behind them. What if the battle at the arena is right off in the distance of where there fighting?

Would be very cool..
  12. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    Not likely, they're going to be surrounded by cave walls.
  13. DURCO1 Jedi Padawan

Ya that make's sence. Although maybe not the arena fight maybe the fight in the skys.
  14. DURCO1 Jedi Padawan

there is a new wallpaper at starwars.com. Check it out.
  15. Echo_Base Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Dad!!!!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Darthmich Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great thread.

I was wondering about that scene you guys were talking about where the droids surround Padme and a group of Jedi in the middle of the arena.

There was a spy report earlier in the year that talked about one of the Jedi in this group fighting off the droids while twirling a lightsaber in each hand, possibly deflecting bolts in all directions.

Was this rumor confirmed, or is it just BS?

It would be a pretty cool display if it happens. I'd love to see some great martial arts moves by the various Jedi in the arena.
  17. Damillster Jedi Master

star 4
    If that does take place, it most likely will happen BEFORE Padme and the gang are surrounded.
  18. Vanda Jedi Master

star 4
    There was a spy report earlier in the year that talked about one of the Jedi in this group fighting off the droids while twirling a lightsaber in each hand, possibly deflecting bolts in all directions.

I'm not sure what the Jedi will be doing with the sabers (i.e. fighting off droids, deflecting shots), but it's definitely true that at least one Jedi in the arena will use two sabers at once, twirling them all over the place quite rapidly. It was shown in the Connections Video.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see "in this group." While such a Jedi does exist, he will be seen long before the remaining Jedi are cornered.
  19. Thodge Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just thought I'd share this:

In the connections footage, when it showed the jedi spinning 2 lightsabers, I don't think it was part of the movie, I think he was just 'showing off' for the camera.

And I too am not sure if he will be one of the remaing jedi in the defensive-circle.
  20. PLO--KOON Jedi Master

star 4
    Plo Koon has that force power but thats EU but Mace windu does have a force power that he ducks and spins arond a light saber buy his self with no hands and ther was a select with him doing that move.Oh well hope this info helped.
  21. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    No, that's a select of Mace using the 'calm the Reek' force trick...
  22. Damillster Jedi Master

star 4
    "When you absolutely, positively, have to calm that bleeping reek down...."
  23. Fitten trim Jedi Master

star 4
    But one question, stupid but necessary, is why do Obi Wan and Anakin pursue Dooku? Apart from not wanting the old codger to get away, is there another motive?

To be honest Darth Terrious, I think that's a great question. What exactly are their plans? Are they trying to "capture" him? If so, how? What good would that do if they did capture him? Do they plan to "make" him turn the droid ships back around?

If the 'idea' is that the Jedi come to the rescue of Obi/Ani/Padme, isn't the mission over once they are freed? Shouldn't all the Jedi load up into some Republic gunships and fly off? I'd think sticking around to fight was against the Jedi code.

Hopefully, the script will have some answers, but as an skeptic, I have to say that IMHO the entire Confederacy/Palpy plan is chock full of holes and doesn't seem too logical. And while the final battle action sounds incredible, it'd be nice if it made sense and wasn't action for the sake of action.
  24. CrazyOldJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Dooku is the leader of a rival faction which is obviously preparing for war on a large scale, he has just sentenced a Senator and two Jedi to death apart from all the Arena business. He's one of the baddies in this movie, that's why they go after him. I don't think the Jedi code is that inflexible, they didn't exactly try to talk Maul out of it in TPM.
  25. Ree Yees Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Cool. Several years ago I GMed a Star Wars roleplaying game, and the characters participated in a similar dogfight in a canyon area. It went down very well with the players.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.