main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atmospheric dogfight over Geonosis

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BISMARCK

BISMARCK Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2001
    Maybe the droids would shoot at Boba if he ran out there. I mean, don't the droid fighters shoot at Slave 1 on its approach to Geonosis? I've always wondered why they did that. Maybe they figured Jango had outlived his usefulness and were trying to tie up some loose ends. So maybe Boba wouldn't be very safe if he went galabanting out around in a huge battlefield with tens of thousands of killer death robots and killer death clone people.

2. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    "I mean, don't the droid fighters shoot at Slave 1 on its approach to Geonosis?"

no i'm pretty sure that was jsut a random rumour. slave 1 never gets shot at.

3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Slave I never gets shot at.

4. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    A lot is coming out, here.

5. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    There are droid control ships orbiting Geonosis when Obi and Jango first arrive, but they never shoot at either of them as far as I know.

6. Damillster

Jul 24, 2000
    See what I mean?

7. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    I'd be concerned if the ships didn't shoot at either of them. What's the point of having the ship's up there in the first place anyway [We know they can land on a planetary surface]? Sentry duty would be a logical step for the Confederacy, and I'm sure they'd be aware of Jango and Obi-Wan's approach. So I'd say a few shots might be fired at Obi-Wan, and Slave I would probably just get caught in the cross-fire (so to speak).

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm at my wits end here! Now there are Droid Control ships orbiting Geonosis when Obi and Jango arrive? Can any of them be seen in the trailers? You people are me batty today! ;)

9. BISMARCK

BISMARCK Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2001
    Okayyyyyyy....... so are there droid fighters over Geonosis at all? And they only shoot at Obi-Wan? Or is that all crap too?

10. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I'm pretty sure that the only shooting that occurs on the way to Geonosis is done by Slave 1. It did this to Obi's fighter.

11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Gatling laser - pretty impressive.

12. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    "Okayyyyyyy....... so are there droid fighters over Geonosis at all?"

droid fighters? nah but droid control ships, yes.

13. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Yeah, you'd think that the Control Ships would shoot at Obi-Wan and have Jango get caught in the cross fire. Of course, that would just be assuming that Jango and Obi-Wan go past the Droid Control Ships at the same time.

14. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    But they don't go past at the same time. Obi-Wan stays in the asteroids for a while after Jango leaves to hide from Jango and to scope out what's going on.

15. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    So how exactly does Obi-Wan convince Jango that he's been destroyed in the Asteroid field?

16. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    Remember in ESB when Han stuck the Millenium Falcon on the other side of the Star Destroyer control bridge...? Sort of like that...

17. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Geez, I'm starting to think old Georgie could have made a whole 3 hour long movie about this battle...

18. General_Ceel

General_Ceel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2001
    Question for the informed...

Am I correct in assuming that the Jedi Starfighters that show up on Geonosis arrive aboard the same Republic transports that carry the Gunships?

19. JediDurco

JediDurco Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    Your right about jedi fighters from the cruizer. But how does obi-one get to geonosis his ship dosent have hyperspace?

20. Damillster

Jul 24, 2000
    There's a whole thread on that...somewhere.

Ask Griffz.

21. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Maybe it does have hyperspace. Who knows?

Suspension of disbelief my friend. He needs to get to Geonosis, and by God, Lucas will get him to Geonosis. ;)

22. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Agreed, AL. People worry too much about simple little details like this. Sometimes, you have to realize that it's just a movie. If they can have lightsabers and blasters and the Force, then they can get from planet to planet whenever needed.

And none of it needs to be explained. It's science FICTION.

Sometimes you just need to suspend your disbelief and immerse yourself in a great story. :)

23. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    But how does obi-one get to geonosis his ship dosent have hyperspace?

Let's put it this way, if Empire and Return of the Jedi are any indication, Luke didn't use his X-wing's hyperdrive at all when he flew to Dagobah and Bespin. 'Nuff said :)

24. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

At least, we did not see him use it Import_Jedi. ;)

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    OK, I agree that we should suspend disbelief over some things but this is a SW forum and we are here to discuss the minor details that will probably go unanswered in the movie (aren't we? he asks, looking around nervously). The OS says that the Starfighter hasn't got a hyperdrive and that it uses a Hyperspace Booster Ring whatever that me be, we will just have to wait and see what it is. A minor detail but I'm curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.