main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATM's and Parking

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JediToren, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I e-mailed WotC about ATM facilities and parking info for SWC2. I was told to e-mail the convention center so I did. Here is the info I learned:

"We have plenty of parking available for the event, we take care of it for
    the Colts games around 65000 people. We have open lot parking behind the
    Indiana Convention Center, rates usually $5.00 per day. Several parking
    garages that are connected by skywalks to the building, rates usually run
    about $9.00-$10.00 per day.
    ATM machines is National City Bank. Hope this info is helpful to you. Thanks
    "

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah the mall parking garage is nice and cheap, but during events they bump it up. I don't know if they will for C2. The trick is to buy something in the mall and show them the receipt. then you don't have to pay the bumped up price. But it will probably level out, depending on how long you're parked there.

Also, there are a bunch of banks on the other side of the Circle, so if you don't mind walking and you don't want the service fee, the following banks (to my knowledge) are available: Bank One, First Indiana, Union Planters, Bank of Indianapolis. Yeah I know two of those are pointless for out of towners and staters, but I thought I'd let you know. I think I'm forgetting one or two, so sorry if I did.

3. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Looks like I'll have very little trouble parking my car then... :) Coool :)

4. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    For those of us staying at the adjacent hotels, do those hotels have sufficient parking for guests?

5. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I think the hotel's would be able to answer that.
    Post what you find out.

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I know that the Embassy Suites, Hyatt, and Courtyard Marriott have their own parking lots/garages. I think the Westin and Marriott use the parking garage which is under a park the hotels are adjacent to. Embassy Suites and Courtyard Marriott are free to their but I know I had to pay in the Hyatt's lot when I went there for an event last year, so I'm not sure if they make you pay if you're staying there.

So yeah I'd suggest calling your hotel, too. :)

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Embassy suites charges 8 dollars a day, even for guests. What a rip-off! :mad:

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Has anyone heard if you will have to pay parking at the Omni?

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If you park downtown, you'll have to pay. Rates by the day are the best, most garages charge $3-5 per hour, so $8 for a day is practically free in comparison.

Free parking is only on the streets after 6PM on weekdays...weekends are free, but with everything going on downtown (baseball games, mini-marathon, etc.), those spots will be few and far between.

10. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Many hotels also typically have ATM machines in their lobbies. But, I would contact your respective hotels about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.