main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL ATOC ON IMAX?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MIKEWINDU, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I stopped by Navy Pier today after work. I talked to a theater employee who told me that they are working on getting their showtimes listed in the newspapers again. They are no longer a Loews-Cineplex theater, but are now owned directly by IMAX. He also told me that tickets for Star Wars Episode II will go on sale October 15.

Phil

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Was just gonna give you a heads up that some of the members of my other Star Wars group (The Jedi Assembly) already have tickets purchased in their area....

Have we decided on a date yet?

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  4. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    A little bird told me that they will probably be running 4 shows a day during the week, and 5 per day on the weekend. They really can't do more than that, since it is a 2-hour (after editing) movie, and they only have one screen. First show might be around 8 AM Friday morning, scaling back to a 10:30 AM opening on other days.

But don't quote me on that. :)

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
  6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I also heard....and don't quote me....that tickets will be on sale for the Navy Pier IMAX on October 15th......

Will we pre-order tickets?

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I called Navy Pier IMAX to confirm the October 15 ticket sale date. Now they tell me October 25, one week before the debut. Oh, well. I guess I can wait an extra week and a half.

Phil

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    grrrrrrrrr........Oct. 25th.....My birsthday is Oct. 15th...would have been a nice present to myself to get tickets.......

I am a Jedi...you think I would have mastered the whole "patience" thing....NOT!

Anyhow....has the poll completed? What was the outcome?

As you can see, I am a little over the top on this "outing".....I missed the "line thingy" for the AOTC premier...and this I will not miss! So I am being quite "Darth Fart" anal about getting the latest poop!

9. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    We are going to give the poll at little more time, as not everyone checks their e-mail on a daily basis. I would think the earliest we would close it would be next weekend during the Video Scavenger Hunt. I'll bring this item up at the meeting this morning.

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I was looking at www.imax.com/chicago this evening. It appears that tickets for Episode II are now on sale. The link on the front page says to call the theater for tickets. However, if you click on Now Playing, then Tickets & Showtimes, then For Future Schedules or to Purchase Tickets for a Future Date, you'll get a calendar that goes through November 15. The showtimes seem to be: October 31 11:59 P.M., November 1 8:00 A.M., 12:30 P.M., 3:00 P.M., 5:30 P.M., 8:15 P.M., 10:45 P.M., November 2 10:00 A.M., 12:30 P.M., 3:00 P.M., 5:30 P.M., 8:15 P.M., 10:45 P.M. The October 31 11:59 P.M. and November 1 8:00 A.M. showtimes are unavailable for purchase. I do not know if that means they are sold out or if they are not on sale yet. I am calling and heading to the theater tomorrow to see what else I can find.

Phil

11. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    LATEST UPDATE
    The 11:59 Oct 31st show & 8am Nov 1st shows are "private showings" and tickets are not available to be purchased by the public. Since Lucasfilms has notified IMAX that the local 501st leader is the ONLY person to contact for fan showings (and Mike Washko says Navy Pier is dead as far as he is concerned) it looks like we are just sol for those shows. (Fan Force people from Indy & Minne are going to their local midnight shows)

Mos Eislen Radio reports that tickets for the other shows are "selling like gangbusters" so if you are planning on going either to a different show than the one we will go to as a group you might want to get your ticket soon.

12. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
  13. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    How are people purchasing tickets for the other shows?
    I tried going on-line and I didn't see anything that allowed you to purchase tickets...

Are they going to the box office in person?

Hmmmmmm....this whole IMAX thing sounds like it may be a good topic to discuss today at the Scavenger Hunt.....

14. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I agree.

15. MIKEWINDU

MIKEWINDU Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Just got back from Navy Pier with three tickets for the Saturday 12:30 show. I also saw two Stormtroopers and Jango Fett. Tickets are cheaper at the box office than on-line.

16. chicagojedi

chicagojedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2002
    hi everyone,
    this is my first post on the boards. long time lurker tho. anyway, can anyone tell me if the Addison IMAX is going to have EPII? theforce.nets database has it listed, but not the official site and i cant get a live person at the theater. the manager never calls me back. so thanks alot.

17. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Purchase tickets online at Fandango, or some other sites.

18. chicagojedi

chicagojedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2002
    yeah i have been there. there is no listing for AOTC playing in Addison.

19. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Does anyone have tickets to the evening showing on the 31st or the morning of Nov 1st at the Navy Pier? I was just wondering if I will meet any of you out there, especially if you are going in costume. I am coming up from St. Louis since Chicago is the easiest to get to. I also hope to get some excellent pictures while I am there. Well I hope I have the chance to meet some of you. Take care.

20. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    You must have overlooked the previous
    info. Midnight show on Oct 31 & 8am show
    on Nov 1 are private showings & tickets are
    not for sale to the general public.

21. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Well I was for the most part asking to find out if anyone had any luck with obtaining tickets. I know that there will be tickets given out through radio station stations as well as contest...from what I hear. There is also the chance that maybe someone might have had some connections at the theater. Now assuming that neither one of these options are available to the group, there are alternatives.

The morning of the 1st and possibly the evening of the 31st the theater is hoping to talk the local news crews into coming over to the theater to interview the guest and air the event. Now it is possible that your group might have some luck if the main person that runs the Chicago Fan Force, or just any spokesperson with smooth negation skills to contact the group sales division and inquired if there could be seats that are set aside for the group itself. In asking for these seats, it would be promised that the attending members would dress up in anything from their favorite star wars shirts, jackets, etc. and a lightsaber all the way up to full costume. I know there are plenty of people in Chicago that are costume fanatics that have amazing work. Now with the promise that members will show up in such a manner that then gives the whole event a much higher level of "newsworthiness" which will in turn improve the chances of getting the theater on the television which for them is "free" advertisement!!!

I think that it would be worth a shot. Now I am sure that they wouldn't be able to let in the whole group though. I would think they could give you some of them though. And considering that they would be handed out to the group on a basis of bringing visual excitement...."costumes" then send the members with the best costumes as representatives for your group. Well I guess that is my two cents worth. Who knows...maybe this all is just some wishful thinking but it might just work if it is given a chance.

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Grabs head....
    I am sooooooo confused!

I never got anyone to call me back from the Addison IMAX either....the phone droids are working overtime to make sure that no one gets through!

Considering gas and time constraints...it probably still would be cheaper for me to purchase on line....but can't get on-line...
    my costume is ready....I just haven't a clue where to wear it yet....

anyway....we didn't get too much discussed last night at the video scavenger hunt...too many important "taping" missions....

23. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Stl_Imperial, we are still working on this subject. We are trying to contact the people in charge with no luck at this moment. But soonest we work somthing out, this board and our members, will be the first ones to find out. One thing, if you are not registered in our website, do it soon (since we send e-mails to our members always about updates)

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    the madness continues...
    still going nowhere purchasing tickets on line....

Marcus in Addison....big Zero...

IMAX in Woodridge...has the movie and times listed...also you are SUPPOSED to be able to purchase tickets on-line at Woodridge...but when you click on to the movie times to try and buy a ticket ....you get the big....
    "SORRY"....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

25. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    As I suspected, the midnight show is ONLY open to the 501st members. Some members of the Rebel Legion might be able to get in but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.