main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL ATOC ON IMAX?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MIKEWINDU, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    actually the midnight show is open to 501st AND Rebel Legion members. if you are member of either group you are welcome to appear in costume to the midnight show. however you have to contact me if you are interested.

so if you are a member email me at jgallo11@hotmail.com.

2. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Jason and I are coordinating the local costumers here:
    IMAX EVENT

Mary, where did you get your information saying that this was a private showing on Halloween night? I have been in contact with the management and there has never been any mention of that.

If there are any costumers who want to join us as Rebels or Imperials please come to our board posted above and sign up. This will be the only way you can be included with the group.

If anyone has any questions please email me or Jason.

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Just to further clarify, it seems that the midnight show IS open to the public, but the tickets are not yet available on the website.

My guess is that once the costuming groups get their headcounts in, ticket sales will be open to the public. But that's just my guess.

More info as it comes.

~H~

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I called the theater on October 18. I asked them if the 10/31 11:59 P.M. listed on their website was sold out or just not on sale yet. They told me that it was a Media/VIP event and not open to the general public. Now I'm confused as to what the real story is. ?[face_plain]

Phil

5. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Facinating. Looks like we (and they) need to get our stories straight.

~H~

6. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    this imax thing has been a real mess.

7. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    I think Heather heard me wrong. I was not told the Midnight show was private or not. I was under the assumption that it was open. The 501st/Rebel legion is going to be there as atmosphere and nothing else. There is/was no discussion of actually going into the movie.

Anyone who is going to costume for this event has to go to our message board listed above to signup for this event. It is in the "open to the public" Illinois event forum. All costumers will have to abide by 501st costuming standards and practices as stated in our charter.

Please do not contact the theatre management about this event. That will only confuse them further as to our group event. I am the contact referred to the local theatres by Lucasfilm. Please contact me if you have any questions.

TK895@midwestgarrison.com or 847-875-7667

Thank you

8. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Yep, my bad.

[whacks self over head repeatedly with keyboard]

I'll just sit over here in the corner and keep my thoughts to myself.

Someone please just let me know what's going on when some kind of decision is made.

~H~

9. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Well.....I have decided to take charge of my destiny...
    A friend of mine lives right near the Seven Bridges IMAX in Woodridge....I told her to go to the box office today after work and get me two tickets to whatever she could get on November 1st...she is supposed to call be back this afternoon and let me know what she was able to purchase at the box office...
    so......I will have an extra ticket up for grabs (hopefully).....
    If Saturday is the Chicago Force outing...I will probably be at that one too......

10. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, Hazmatt & I met with the IMAX management at Navy Pier this afternoon. What a really terrific crew they have down there. Here's our story.

Our contact in the management office, Mark is a great guy, he took me and Hazmatt down to watch part of the Michael Jordan movie...INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to see A.O.T.C. on this thing. He says Navy Pier Screen has 2x the square footage of any other IMAX screen in Illinois!! Mark also donated some nifty ATOC/IMAX items to Chicago Force for our next charity drive. We're going to hook up the IMAX office with some of our quality CF T-shirts in appreciation.

There will in fact be a show on Halloween Night. At this time it is scheduled for Midnight (12:01am Nov 1st). However, to shorten what would be a 3 hour gap between the close of Navy Pier and the Show they are trying to move the show back to 10:00pm (Oct. 31st). This should be announced sometime tomorrow (around noon). At that time tickets to the show will be available for purchase publically. About $11.50 I think since it's a full feature. So keep checking. With permission we've put up a direct link up at our website to buy tickets.

Also, they will be showing THE LION KING starting Christmas Day for you Disney fans.

11. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Impressive.... most impressive..

~H~

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Bows to Bosh and Hazmatt....

thanks!

does the logistics...hmmmmmm.....if I can get Navy Pier tickets....and the Woodridge tickets...maybe I can do both...

I have two tickets to the first showing on Friday...Nov 1 at the Woodridge IMAX....
    one is for me...and one is for anyone elso who would like to go...

any takers?

13. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Dear Fellow Fans,

Chicago Force is proud to announce that IMAX: Navy Pier has generously given
    100 tickets to our fan club. These tickets are for the preview showing of
    Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones on November 1st at 8:00am. This is a private viewing, not open to the public. Apparently there's going to be some media there as well.

Chicago Force will be donating a large portion of these tickets to a local
    children's organization that serves wards of the state. Not to worry, we have flagged a number of tickets for our loyal members. So, if you are interested in attending this show please e-mail your request to the Chicago Force webmaster: hazmatt@chicagoforce.org

Tickets are limited, so move fast. Also, limit 1-2 per request. We'd kindly ask that you proudly wear your Chicago Force T-Shirt if you have one. Remember, the show is at 8:00am on Friday the
    First.

If you can't make the 11/01 morning show, not to worry, members of Chicago Force will be at the Navy Pier IMAX for the Halloween Show the night before (10/31) as well as the 8:15pm shows on November 1st and November 2nd. Just look for us in our spiffy Chicago Force T-Shirts.

To celebrate a hard earned Clone victory on Geonosis, after the shows we'll be getting together a few doors down at "TAVERN ON THE PIER" on Friday and "DICK'S LAST RESORT" on
    Saturday. If you can't make the movie you should at least swing by the bar and slam a few "Death Stars" with us.

Bosh Talk

14. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Navy Pier IMAX has updated their info on
    the Oct 31 show.

15. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks Amber, looks like Mark (from IMAX) was right (well close, he'd guessed 10:00).

But, tickets for the Halloween show are on sale (for 10:30pm). I've got mine.

16. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Yep....purchased two tickets for the 10:30 pm show on 10-31-02 also..

I purchased one ticket for myself...and the second one is a spare ...in the event that someone can't get one...always better to be safe than sorry!

See you guys there!

17. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I ordered tickets as soon as I saw it.
    See you all there.

18. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    I'll be at the 8 am show on Nov. 1, so I'm going to pass on the 10:30 show on Halloween.

~H~

19. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I want to go on the first, but I haven't received any response from Hazmatt. I'm afraid he hasn't gotten any of my e-mails.
    :(

20. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Try emailing Dave: boshtalk@aol.com.

21. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    All is well. Got response from Hazmatt & I will see you at 8am on the first! :)

22. TornJedi

TornJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    Thanks for the info. I've been anyway
    from here for a while, so I haven't kept
    up to date. I'll have to look for
    tickets...Maybe the Saturday Nov 2nd 8:15pm
    show...hmmm...need to check schedule...
    TJ

23. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I find I also have a spare ticket for the October 31st show. If anyone needs it, just LMK.

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    TK895....

I will be at Woodridge on Nov. 1st for the first showing...mind if a Jedi infiltrates the ranks of the 501st?

Won't be able to make the 8:00 am showing at Navy Pier...logistics are bad! But hope to see many of Chicago Force at the 10:30 pm showing at Navy Pier on 10-31....

counting the hours!

25. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Gochi, you have a ticket for the show & it's
    a free country so you should be able to go
    wearing whatever you want.

Edited for goodness' sake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.