main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL ATOC ON IMAX?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MIKEWINDU, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Hmmmmm ...unfortunate....
    especially unfortunate that they were that hard on your costume...we all do the best we can and it is supposed to be fun.....

I found that one of my friends loves to sew and has a machine that practically sings and dances.....I am going to try and start searching for a pattern or something for a Leia costume for you Amber Eyes....

thanks for the heads up .....

guess I will just keep to myself then at Woodridge ...and plan on enjoying myself with Chicago Force the night before!

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    you are welcome because you are a RL member. your costume passed and your picture is on the site. both of you are.

i told you that before.

3. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Goat, if you read a few posts earlier,
    TK895 said if we had any questions to
    e-mail him. I did but still have
    gotten no response.

Edit, I have removed part of this post. It contained an old complaint that really has nothing to do with anyone here.

4. jedilloree

jedilloree Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2002
    Oh come now, it sounds like there's some kind of star wars fan club conspiracy going on.

I'm a member of the rebel legion and I go to many events where both rebel and imperial costumers are present and I've always felt competely welcome. I also read and post on the boards of both groups and have never had a problem. In fact I've seen more bashing coming from the rebel side to be completely honest.

Just because they were at odds in the movies doesn't mean they have to be in real life. We're all star wars fans right?

-e

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    ^Yes, please. ^

6. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey, is anyone heading to the Addison IMAX? I think I'll be going either this Saturday or next weekend, but I'm not sure. I was just curious!

7. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    mike gets many emails because of his 501st status and it may take him a while but he will get back to you.

however if you are NOT going in costume that may be a problem because we are scheduled to be in costume for this appearence. RL and 501st events arent show up as a mundane events. they are costumed events. especially things like this.

8. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Aren't they "muggle events"? Or is it a B5 reference? :)

9. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Dude, get your references right!

'Muggles' is from Harry Potter.

~H~

10. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    True, but he didn't call it a "muggle event", he called it a "mundane event", 'mundane' being the term that telepaths on "Babylon 5" used to refer to non-telepaths. So, my question was whether he really meant "muggle event", or if he was using a "Babylon 5" reference.

I challenge thee to a geek duel. En garde!

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    This is an excellent time to show ourselves and others how well we can work together despite personal differences.

Please keep in mind the ToS when posting. You can review the terms from the top toolbar or on the bottom of the posting page.

As for mundanes, that's what tattooed up folk call the unmodified. B5, HP, such nerdery. ;)

12. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    oh dear a geek duel? lol.

mundane in this case would be meaning non-costumed. hehe

13. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    In any event, I was just trying to break up all the "serious" people here with a little levity. Maybe it worked?

Ice cream for everyone! Barkeep, a round on the house.....

14. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll take chocolate-marshmellow ice cream please.

Err... does that make me a cannibal? :eek:

15. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Yes.

Mocha Almond Fudge, please.

So I'm going Friday only. Anyone going more than once?

16. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, I am going to the 8:00 AM & 8:15 PM on Friday. Trying to keep the actual trips to Chicago down to a minimum.

If anyone going to the midnight (read: 10:30 PM) on Halloween night and has a digital camera, it would be cool to get some pictures up on the website.

Thanks for your support.

17. TornJedi

TornJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    Why do I get the feeling Bester is back?!
    (Yes, B5 geek here!)
    Right now I'm planning on going to Navy Pier
    on Saturday, probbably the 8:15pm showing.
    Anyone else going?
    TJ

18. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Ice cream? If you're buying bro, I'll have a hot fudge sundae with peppermint ice cream.
    :)

19. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I'm going to the 8:15 Sat showing.

Mmmm...Rocky Road please, with extra marshmellows (sorry MJS)

Also, I always think of mundanes from Piers Anthony's Xanth series, where the non-magical folk come from drear Mundania.

20. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Hello everyone,

I managed to raise some money so I will be able to the 8:00 am showing, if there is one ticket (for me) still available. I will be dressed up as Jocasta Nu. I just have to finish it which should be no problem. So hopefully see everyone there.

Devan

21. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    If memory serves, I'd asked for two tickets but my friend has to work that morning... unless he switched hours, which I doubt. I won't know that for certain until Thursday night, though.

I don't want to say "come on down" without being able to guarantee a ticket. I'll try to find out Wednesday night.

22. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    No need to ride on Thom's coattails, Devan, I have reserved you your own ticket. We were technically out, but since you're cuter than the rest of the people on the list, I just dumped one and added you. :)

I was going to send a reminder e-mai out tomorrow listing where we were meeting for breakfast, and I'll post the same info here.

23. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, Devan has a ticket reserved among the tickets I requested last week.

Phil

24. winnie_the_pooh

winnie_the_pooh Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    Is it too late for me to get a couple of tickets for the Saturday Nov. 1st show?

25. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Amber Eyes....
    Are you going to the 10:30 pm showing tomorrow (yikes....tomorrow!)?
    If so....do you need a ride?

I know that you said you lived on the South Side and since I can't travel Lake Shore Drive with a pick-up, I usually exit I55 at Damen and come up Archer to State.....I can pick you up if you want...
    I plan on trying to park at Navy Pier in the underground...hopefully the lot won't be full. Let me know if you would like a ride.

Sorry, Hazmatt....as usual....I am technology challenged and don't have a working digital camera. I plan on bringing my little Advantix camera....I suppose the pictures could be scanned...but wait....I don't have a scanner either! But I will take pictures anyway as a back-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.