Chic, IL ATOC ON IMAX?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by MIKEWINDU, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Amber Eyes...
    Are you going to the 10:30 pm showing tomorrow? If so do you need a ride? I am going by myself and there is room in the pick-up for one more (possibly a 3rd if they are small). Anyway...I ususally exit I55 at Damen and head down Archer (pick-up trucks are not allowed on Lake Shore Drive)...so I can pick you up (I think you said you lived on the South Side)....
    let me know...

Hazmatt....as usuall...I am technology challenged and don't have a digital camera...I plan on brining my Advantix camera and I guess the pictures could be scanned...but wait...I don't have a scanner either!
    :D
    well....I will take pictures anyway
  2. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I do have a scanner, but I know what a hassle it is to get them developed and then get them to me, but I will certainly post them if you can get them to me (and the two people that have already given me pictures are thinking, "Oh yeah, when will you post mine?" Hopefully this week, but it may be after WindyCon).

And Winnie, Saturday is actually Nov 2nd. We have tickets for the 8:00 AM show on Friday, Nov 1st. There may be one left...some people have backed out. If you are interested in this show, e-mail me and I'll check. If you want to go to any other show, you should head over to http://www.imax.com/chicago and purchase them right away.
  3. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Gochi, thanks for the offer. I work downtown so I'll probably just stay there after work. But if you'd be willing to give me a ride home I'd appreciate it.
  4. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    No problem....you got a ride home...

If Chicago Force stops for a beer afterwards...I will probably only have one and split....got another early morning on Friday...you probably do too.

See ya tomorrow night!
  5. Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Master

star 1
    :D I can't wait to see you all again, and melt over Ewan and Hayden so nice and large and pretty. Such lovely Jedi.

Devan
  6. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Boy, look at all of the guys falling over themselves to make sure Devan has a ticket. *chuckle*

7. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I think I tripped over you, pal. I remember you being at the head of the line...

It should boost her ego, though, that we are all so "willing to please".

Just goes to show what kind and giving people we here at Chicago Force are. :) (chokes on the sweetness)
  8. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    And where did Dev's ticket come from?
  9. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    That reminds me, we want to thank TK-895 for quickly straightening out a slight "ticket debacle" we had. Everyone who's going to the 8am show with us should tip their helmet to him.
  10. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got home from the IMAX.
    All I can say is OH WOW!
  11. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ditto!
    To all Fan Force members that are going to Navy Pier this morning....

ENJOY!

I will be headed to Woodridge this morning to see it again.....

by the time I got back from Navy Pier last night I had been up for over 24 hours straight....but AOTC in IMAX kept my blood pumping!
  12. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed it... stoopid alarm, supposed to wake me up, not just blare on while I keep sleeping! :( :_|

Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow night to see the thing... shard it!

13. TornJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    jediautobot - maybe I'll see ya there!
    - Bill
  14. synasp Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, where did everyone go afterwards? I went into the lobby, knocked over Yoda, then got swamped by a hundred kids.... I stood in the lobby area for a while, then bugged out.

Well, maybe it's good I didn't go out afterwards 'cause I felt horrible (too much to drink the night before + little sleep = .. well, I don't know... not good company)..

anyway, it was really nice to meet you Matthew and Dave... I hope to meet the rest of you soon.. thanks!
  15. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    so...how was the 8:00 am showing? I should have went back to Navy Pier instead of Woodridge on Friday....
    I thought that the Rebel Legion was going to be at the first showing at Woodridge on Friday and it turned out, I was the only idiot there in costume! One of the guys from the 501st was there...but he was not in armor....
    So I blew it! Shoulda went back to Navy Pier!
  16. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    The 8am show started late, I think they were waiting for the kids to get there. Bus trouble I think. We went to McDonald's afterward.
    As for the 8:15 show last night that also started a little late, looked like it was sold out. Didn't go anywhere afterward.

I have now seen it 3 times in 24 hours.
  17. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, all of the shows at NP were sold out today, the IMAX management certainly had no idea what this film meant in terms of turn-out. All of the shows seemed to start a half our late. They shouldn't have scheduled them so close together. Clearing out 400 people through 2 doors, then clean-up and re-seating certainly takes more than a half hour.

One difference I've seen over the past several shows, they seem to have cleaned the little bits of dust from the lens. It was pretty bad in the first show.
    Wonder how the film quality is going to hold out...I understand the light from the projector is pretty damaging to the reel, and they usually don't play their films non-stop like this. Wonder if it'll start looking aged by December.
  18. SWfan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Which of the 3 IMAX theaters showing AOTC in Illinois is the best?

I saw AOTC at the Cinemark IMAX theater in Woodridge on Nov. 1st, and I want to see it again but don't know if I should go there again or try one of the other two.
  19. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    That's certainly going to be opinion. But if SIZE DOES MATTER...then Navy Pier is the way to go as it has 2x the square screen footage as the biggest of the other two.
  20. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw it @ Navy Pier on Saturday at the 12:30 showing... looked awesome!

Im going to see it with the family at the Lincolnshire IMAX this Thursday... I let you all know if their presentation is as good.
  21. SWfan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I definately want to see AOTC at the Navy Pier IMAX. I've been looking at some maps and I'm a little worried about parking. I've never driven through the city of Chicago before and I don't know where to park. If someone knows please let me know, and also how much it costs.

Thanks.
  22. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    There is parking right at the Pier, but it is pricy, I think Bosh said about $17.00 for I dont' know how many hours.

~H~
  23. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    $17.50 all day. It's easy to find, 2 seconds off of L.S.D., the exit takes you right to the Navy Pier garage practically.
  24. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    The underground parking at the Pier is worth the price!
    I have been to some events there and the lot has been full....so have an alternate game plan in mind.
  25. Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Master

star 1
    Hello all,

*blushes* you guys were so sweet, triping over each other to make sure I had a ticket. Thanks so much for the fun time in Chicago. I was great hanging out with you guys and seeing the movie.

I am going to ahve to come down again before it closes and see my lovely Jedi again. :p

Devan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.