main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon ATOC, Tickets, and You!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mr.binks, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    Yeah, that's right.

We've 17 days, 3 hours, and fifty-four minutes before ATOC is released. *Drool*

So, we need an official thread detailing where you'll be going and alerting the rest of us half-assed fans to important details. (Ticket prices, best screens, biggest fan gatherings, places with mid-night showings, etc.)

I, personally was at the Lloyd Cinema for Ep 1, but I couldn't get tickets in time to grab a seat for the midnight.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen anyone camping out yet. It may be that too many people were scared off by TPM.

Anyway I'm calling the theaters, but so far I've gotten no info. Lets collaborate.

2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I work for Regal Cinemas, and we have no info yet. However, they're telling us we can expect advanced bookings sometime this week, so keep trying.

Lloyd Center will be a great place to go. I'd also recommend Evergreen Parkway if you live in the Beaverton area and Cascade 16 if you're in Vancouver.

3. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I'll be going to the Hilltop 9 in Oregon City. It's got a couple of large screens and there'll no doubt be a gathering for the midnight showing of AOTC. Rumor is that advance tickets will go on sale this Friday. :)

4. mr.binks

Aug 1, 1999
    Yeah, I keep on hearing May 3rd. But only on an unoficial basis.

Does anybody know if/where the fan lines'll be?

5. gothman

gothman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    I miss Eastgate!

6. Currald

Currald Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Does anyone know about when Regal will be selling tickets? I can't seem to talk to a real person, unless I actually go to a theater. The phone line says advance tickets for all shows two days in advance, and it looks like Fandango is a week in advance, but people around the country are getting there tickets NOW! Has anyone got their tickets in Portland yet?

7. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Each city is selling tickets at different days and times. I have been searching and nobody is selling tickets yet, that I have found yet anyway. I will post here when I find something out, please do the same if you do.

8. DoubleBladedSaber

DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Just to add a little bit to this, I've called both the Regal district office and the corporate HQ several times over the last three days. Every time I've had the same reply - "we haven't heard from the distributor yet, we have no idea". Somebody did take my name and #, so hopefully I'll hear something shortly.

9. DarthVerso

DarthVerso Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2001
    So I just made the rounds. NOTE: If you sit through the ENTIRE showtime listing they list a number at the end 'in case of emergency', just another way of saying 'don't effing call us you miserable git' but that's another story...

I was told by an asst. mgr at Regal (Lloyd not in the mall) that Regal is no longer allowed to have midnight screenings on opening day (midnight wednesday for us) but they will be having them at other times during the week. She also told me that they will find out on Monday about the presale time and availability. They may not go on sale on Monday, but they'll know then. Is there perhaps a theatre in PDX that doesn't have to abide by these requirements? I don't know of any first run theatres that aren't regal....

Anybody know about a good theatre in vancouver or perhaps out Gresham way? I'm willing to make the drive, wherever it ends up. Hope this helps....

10. gothman

gothman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    I say screw Regal. I'm going to Century Eastport. I don't know if they are doing the midnight thing, but they have one advantage over Regal: they're NOT Regal.

11. mr.binks

Aug 1, 1999
    The loyd Regal outlet has gauranteed that they'll have tickets for the 8 am showing on, on monday.

12. DoubleBladedSaber

DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Does that mean they'll have tickets at 8am? Or that they'll have tickets some time during the day for an 8am show on the 16th?

And I agree, Regal blows and Eastgate rules. If I weren't living in Hillsboro I'd be all over it.

13. mr.binks

Aug 1, 1999
    Eastport has told me they can't release anything till a week before.

And yes, the loyd Regal is stretching their corporate limit and having an eight AM showing on may 16th.

I went to just about half the theatres in Portland and not a single one has a midnight showing.

If anyone has news otherwise PLEASE TELL.

We won't steal your seat, and huge line parties are fun anyhow.

14. stormydude

stormydude Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    No midnight showing at Lloyd Cinemas. I cant believe that because they had a midnight showing for Spiderman. I was hoping to go to the midnight showing with rest of the freaks. Lets hope Eastport has a midnight showing.

15. darth_fett

darth_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 1999
    I went to the Regal Cinemas Stark Street theater this afternoon and was told perosnally by the manager that they wouldn't be able to sell advance AOTC tickets until approx. one week before opening day. So this would mean this Thursday. Just wanted to let you know what I was told.

16. Assassin

Assassin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2000
    I just bought a ticket for Movies on TV.....10:00am showing

17. NathanDahlin

Jun 28, 2000
    I'm about to go see Spider-Man at the Hilltop 9 (Regal) Cinema so I'll ask. I hope they are allowed to have midnight showings. I'll let you guys know if they have any ideas...

18. Assassin

Assassin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2000
    I think Regal has a no midnight showing policy.

19. QXonn

QXonn Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    The following showtimes are available for purchase via Fandango.com (as of 1:00pm, 5/4/02)

Vancouver -
    Cinema 99
    12pm, 3:20pm, 7pm, 10:15pm

Portland -
    Broadway Metro 4
    12pm, 3:20pm, 7pm, 10:15pm

Regal Division Street
    10:00am, 1:10, 4:20, 7:30, 10:45

Tigard -
    Tigard 11
    (too many to list. TONS of showtimes)

Gresham -
    Stark Street 10
    10:00am, 1:10, 4:20, 7:30, 10:45

-QXonn

20. mr.binks

Aug 1, 1999
    I just called the Broadway to see whether they have a midnight, and they're still up in the air. They'll have confirmation on Tuesday.

21. darth_fett

Oct 25, 1999
    so if you can buy tickets at Fandango, does that mean the box office is selling tickets now. If so then I'm leaving now to get some

22. CountBakufu

Oct 10, 2001
    I just got 2 tickets for the 10am & 2 for the 7pm at Regal Lloyd Ct 10 Cinema. As it stands now I haven't seen anything earlier for any theater. I'll be checking periodically and I'll post when I see something. 12DAYS!!!

23. darth_fett

Oct 25, 1999
    Count, did you buy your tickets online or at the box office in person?

24. CountBakufu

Oct 10, 2001
    I bought them online through fandango.com
    As it stands now only Regal is selling tickets.

25. NathanDahlin

Jun 28, 2000
    The Hilltop 9 started selling tickets today, but according to Fandango.com, the first showing is 12 in the afternoon! :mad:

I'm hoping that's not correct, so I'll have to go to the theater in person to get confirmation and find new ways to motivate them...

//Imperial March

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.