main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon ATOC, Tickets, and You!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mr.binks, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinduWasher

WinduWasher Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    All I have to say is that Regal Cinemas is a bunch of jerk-offs. They don't tell us when AOTC tickets are going on sale until they actually are on sale. Why? Cuz they don't want people camping out in front of the theaters. Also... There are not going to be any midnight shows for Regal in PDX! How nice of them to add insult to injury!

With that said... I'll be at Evergreen Pkwy, 5/16 @ 7:30pm...

Dave

2. darth_fett

darth_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 1999
    I went to Division Street today and picked up my AOTC tickets with Spider-man tickets. When I asked if I could buy advance tickets the guy was real quiet and read the times quietly, trying to keep it under wraps. Well, I got my opening day tickets, turned around to the big line waiting for Spider-man and announced to the crowd that AOTC tickets were on sale!!!! That will teach Regal to keep thing secret. And the Stark Street theater sucks, they're refusing to sell advance tickets and I'm pretty sure they're selling them to employees like they did with Spider-man tickets on opening day.

3. stormydude

stormydude Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002

Does anybody know that if Eastport is going to have starwars?

4. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    Eastport'll have tickets exactly one week before opening day.

But mum's the word on whether they'll have a midnight. ...Given the way they acted, I doubt it.

5. mr.binks

Aug 1, 1999
    Okay people, my efforts have panned out.

The only midnight showing in portland is at the Broadway.

Grab tickets while you still can!

503 243 1404

6. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    I just ordered tickets thru www.fandango.com and got 2 tickets for the 12:01am showing!!!! When you get the times for AOTC you'll have to scroll back to Wedenesday May 15th and it will say 12:01a for 05/16/02. If you can't buy them online the Broadway office will open for purchases at 2:00pm tomorrow. I called them and they were closed already nd that is what the gal told me.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    ****ATTENTION BEAVERTON RESIDENTS!!****

For those of you who care about sound, screen size, ticket prices and MIDNIGHT SHOWINGS, I have a solution for you!!!

I did a search on thx.com for theatres in Oregon and found something interesting: There is a theatre just west of Hillsboro called the Cornelius 9 that is the following:

1.) THX Certified
    2.) 500 seat auditorium w/ 53 foot screen
    3.) Having a midnight show
    4.) Only charge $6.75 full price
    5.) NOT REGAL

I saw Spiderman here and let me tell you. It sounds better than anything else I have EVER heard in theatre except TPM at Eastgate in 6.1 Surround EX.

If you live on the West Side and are sick of Regal's CRAP then I suggest checking these guys out! According to the manager, tickets should be on sale by Wednesday 5/8.

Here's a link to their site

P.S. Heya NathanDahlin I saw all the Special Editions at the Hilltop 9!

P.P.S. For those of you who are familiar, the Cornelius 9 cinemas I am talking about used to be Regal and is the same exact layout as the Hilltop 9 in Oregon City.

8. jedisilver

jedisilver Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Does anyone know anything about the New and Improved, Lloyd Center 10 cinema? Supposedly it is now "The Biggest Screen in Town"! I have been waiting for the Century theatre to start selling tickets, but as of yet, they haven't. I am sure they will....but i am worried they won't have a 12am showing. On Fandango, Lloyd 10 is selling 12am tickets. I hate to by Regal but.. And what is the difference between Digital Sound (Regal) and THX (century)? Has anyone cornered an employee at Century yet??

9. DoubleBladedSaber

DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I just got off the phone with someone at Cornelius 9, and he said tickets would be going on sale this afternoon! :)

10. Tacet

Tacet Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    Century Eastport 16 is now selling tickets as well. A pop up window should come up at www.centurytheaters.com

11. mr.binks

Aug 1, 1999
    Yeah, but they don't have a midnight.

Niether Loyd (Absolute assurances from the manager) or Eastport.

:(

12. stormydude

stormydude Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Fandango is selling midnight tickets for both Eastport and Lloyd Center. You can see for yourself by selecting the movie theater and then moving the day back to the 15th.

For myself, I'm headed to Cornilous for the THX sound.

13. LoadedWord

LoadedWord Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Hey guys,

I live about 10 minutes away from Cornelius Nine and it is a really cool theatre. I'd recomend going there for the midnight showing if you're in the Hillsboro/Beaverton Area. See ya there!

14. x1x82

x1x82 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2000
    I just bought my tickets online for the midnight show at Eastport Century 16. Thanks stormydude!

x1x82

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.