main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATOC Tickets...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by RogerRoger517, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Has anyone checked with any of the local theatres on when tickets for ATOC will be for sale. I heard last night that a place in Georgia sold advance tickets this weekend.

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm still hearing the 6th of may... although at a Film board i heard some places might do May 3rd.. but it is still unconfirmed (and wouldn't make sense since they would be shafting all the fans at Celebration II)

3. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I took it upon myself to call a few of the more prominent theaters around town. Here's what I've gathered:

AMC Southroads 20 - 622-6011
    Tickets go on sale this Friday(!) May 3rd. They will also be pre-selling tix for the midnight showings.

AMC Starworld - 369-7469#3
    Tickets go on sale 4-5 days before release (roughly the 10th). This seems a little odd from one AMC to the next. Take it w/ grain of salt that they won't be available Friday as well.

Hollywood Palace - 628-1067
    The only THX certified theater in Tulsa will NOT be showing Episode II!?!? I found this odd as well, but the lady on the other end seemed quite down to tell me that. Must be some LFL/Hollywood tiff.

That's all I called, since I'll more than likely be hitting Southroads. Again, feel free to call any of these theaters and others in your area and let the rest of us know if you hear something different. I forgot to ask what the purchasing limit would be at the AMCs. I figure it to be in the 4-8 tix/person range.

Hope to see you all there!

P.S. This is my first post since I only found out about the local FanForce at TRU last week.

P.S.S. I'm the "new" lego guy for those of you who remember.

4. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2000
    Is southroads the one on like 101st and memorial? If so is that where everyone will be?

5. spacemonkey

Jun 28, 2000
    Now that I think about it I think I got'em backwards. Starworld is way south and Southroads is by Promanade. right?

6. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Hehe, let me help...

AMC is on 41st and Yale behind the price mart

DICKENSON (not AMC) Star World 20 is 101st & memorial (this is the one i believe we are meeting at)

And Palace Cinema 12 is the one in Prominade mall across the street from AMC on 41st and yale.

I go to the movies at least once a week. Hope this helps ^_^

7. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, my fault. Sorry for the confusion. Starworld is Dickinson, not AMC. Dunno what happened there. Must've been too excited by the almost official news.

I'll call AMC Southroads Thursday night to verify the availability and head out there sometime early in the morning.

What's everyone else's plans? I've heard more talk around about Starworld with no real reason why one over the other. Personally, I'll be going to whichever theater lets me buy first. Anybody else looking at AMC? If so, it'd be nice to organize some kind of line scheme.

8. darkjedi

darkjedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    I can't believe that Hollywood Palace won't have the movie. That blows me away. Wow. Crazy.

Okay, I'm fine. :) I really am stunned by that.

9. spacemonkey

Jun 28, 2000
    I need some sleep. I thought that the one on 101'st was Dickenson, but I get confused sometimes. :)

10. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    I'll clear myself up now...

AMC Southroads is just North of 41st & Yale.

Dickinson Starworld is at 101st & Memorial.

I keep reading that "we are meeting at Starworld", but according to the theater tickets won't be on sale for a week or so after AMC. I don't know why they'd let AMC get the jump on them like that, but that's what they said as of 4/29. We may see it change. At any rate, why don't we just meet up at the one we know will be on sale sooner?

11. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I think that we are leaning toward Starworld because of a connection with the manager there. I can also say from Ep 1, Starworld was more than willing to work with fan groups.

12. Darth-Dooku

Darth-Dooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Starworld was cool and all for Episode 1, but AMC has the big auditoriums, PLUS they can be bought sooner. And word to the wise, Starworld tickets will most likely go on sale, next Wednesday. I just talked with the box office, they said to check back on Monday.

13. spacemonkey

Jun 28, 2000
    I just can't wait till wednesday...i'm weak

14. Darth-Dooku

Darth-Dooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    OH I already bought mine. 6 tickets for 12:01am Thursday may 16. @ the AMC 20 on 41st. SEE YOU THERE!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.