main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATONEMENT

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Ranouch_Heath, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006

Whatch this space for Up-dates on the up coming film Atonement Staring (Chris) Spike_Thmid
    and yours Truely in our first film roles.

On Tyne Tees News Tonight at 6.20pm an Item was Photo's taken from during the Filming
    when they were showing the Interview they over layed it with a Tv report from the time showing Spikey a few times :eek:

The Photo's are open for all to view at the Kirkleatham Museum NOW
    http://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/museums.nsf/WebFullList/3C491C02C503160280256E00003B71E9?OpenDocument

Atonement Movie: Local Images of local People
    7th April- 10th June 2007
    Images by photographer Pam Ainsley captured during the filming, in Redcar; of the movie, 'Atonement'.

2. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    :cool:

still missed out on a BAFTA nomination though :rolleyes:

3. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [face_dancing] If I print your pictures off can I get your autographs please guys? 8-}

Sorry - just being silly - not like me....well done guys and this means we need to plan a cinema meet doesnt it for the launch?

4. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006

A trip to see these's pics would be a day out for us !
    a Cinema meet would be planned sometime september when the film is due out.

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    What's the situation with Atonement atm? When I was up in Durham a few weeks back, I picked up a NE promotional magazine (yes, from the tourist info centre :p ) and it had a few pages on films made in NE - Atonement was mentioned! I'll check the exact article and post what it says.

6. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Not much going on Ill get back to you with a up-date

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Just had this email from my local cinema, VUE -

Dear Timothy,

Don't miss this unique opportunity to be the first in the UK to see the highly anticipated Atonement (15) based on the stunning novel by Ian McEwan and starring the beautiful and talented Keira Knightley and rising Hollywood star James McAvoy.

Directed by Joe Wright, the acclaimed director of Pride and Prejudice, Atonement opens at Vue on September 7th. We are delighted to offer you the opportunity to see it at our special preview gala screening: 8 for 8.30pm; Thursday 23rd August at participating cinemas.

Not only will you see the film before anyone else, you will also receive Atonement the novel and a DVD of 'Pride and Prejudice' starring Keira Knightley.

Limited tickets are available for just £10 including a refreshing drink & popcorn for during the movie.

To see more about Atonement with Keira Knightly, go to the official Atonement website www.atonementthemovie.co.uk.

View the Atonement trailer (opens up a movie)

----------

Not sure if I am away around then, may be up at Appleby (Cumbria), but if I'm around, will try and see it. Coz - if I am free, you at work that night? It'd have to be Southport, that's the local VUE.

Spike T - I can forward the email if you want?

8. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    The reports about the film are Good ! Maybe because you know hows in it!

There was a centre page spred in the Gazzette last Night I swear if you look closer you can make out Chris's Head !

There is a Photo book in the shops now Priced £50 But sadly Mostly wide shots of the beach no close ups,
    I think a few of the former Extras are attending the redcar Opening night (maybe see if the Stars see them or get interveiwed by the local news)

I was speaking to a Guy who saw me in the Town centre a few weeks back (Only noticed me from Behind ?) he said a few of the lads were going I think Chris said he was going Not sure ?

Maybe when Its out a Cinema meet up Followed by Knight of the round table night out ?

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    What's the release date?

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    September 7th

(imdb is your friend)

11. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    The UK premier is on Wednesday September 5th at the Regent Cinema, Redcar :cool:

"Redcar and Cleveland Council is organising a day of celebration and nostalgia around the Regent Cinema from 11am onwards on September 5, leading up to the 6pm screening, complete with red carpet.

Atonement, certificate 15, goes on general UK release from September 7.
    "

I quite fancy taking the day off work and popping along

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Clicking to imdb requires effort, and I'm still on my post-Festival comedown :p

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    less clicks than posting here, and then posting again to moan about how tired you are :p

14. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    I bet i'm more tired after my festival than he is from his!

Anyways - if i'm going to be in Leeds that week for work, which it currently looks like - i'll maybe try get up to redcar for the evening - but if I do, is there someone's house I could crash at?

15. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    I attended a preview at Carlisle Vue last Thursday, so which scenes were you extras in?

16. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

We were on the beaches of Dunkirk (locally known as Redcar)It would be difficult to explain where but over the four days I was involved with

Green Screen action (there was only 1000 extra, 50 of us were filmed in different poses for about 3hrs and we will be made to look like 40,000)

The rioting in the cinema

Playing football on the beach when McAvoy is arguing with a Navy Officer

Stood outside the cinema 'smoking' when the RAF guy escapes

loads of other stuff aswell but without seeing what made the film I can't comment

17. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    You wish :p

18. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    The fight scene in the Cinema is Gonna be a good one to whatch -
    As well as our How Not to move from the Box when Asked (But sit just in case we are on film)
    See RAF Piolt running for his life past two local Star's

19. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Thanks for that Chris. The Dunkirk sequence of the film was brilliant. I will be going back to see it on general release to concentrate on the cinematography, costume etc rather than the plot so hopefully from the picture on the other thread and the information below I'll catch your performances!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.