main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Attack of the Clones DVD discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by wedge3210, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    YAY!!!! The FOX Rep gave me a poster of the slip cover, it's cool. It's a grey-green hued poster, with Yoda with his saber, in the middle, Obi-Wan with his saber (the scene where he's fighting Dooku and Dooku is pushing his saber down) and some clones/Federation core ships in the background. Very, very cool! :D

E_S

2. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Awesome! It's the poster I asked my girlfriend to get me for Christmas. I love that artwork!!! Anakin's in the top left corner too, isn't he?

Or am I thinking of something totally different?

3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, you got it, sah! I'm looking at it now; grey-green hue, Yoda with his lightsaber (thinking "Tear you a new one, I will. Eh-heh-heh-heh-heh!"), Obi-wan in the top right (looking non-plussed considering a man 40 years his senior is whooping his butt), Anakin pouting petulantly on the top left (on Owen's speeder bike), and behind Yoda, who goes top to bottom in the center, there are clone troopers, Spider-droid things, and a Federation core ship taking off, with Republic artillery pummeling it.

The caption?
    "UNLOCK THE SAGA on Video and DVD November 13"

:D
    E_S

EDIT: HMV have preorder forms for the Collectors Box, which must be redeemed before 30/12/02 (Yeah, like people here will wait!). The poster/slip cover is also the cardboard standee that the order forms are attached to.

4. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    That is the poster!!! I love it and I will have to nab a promo poster from somewhere. I'll just use my baby blues on some willing store.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    :eek:

You should be able to get it. And guys, if you've pre-ordered it from HMV check them on Monday. As I said, TPM was on sale there on the Monday when scheduled for a Wednesday release. :)

E_S

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Yeah, there's a good chance. Last year the guy at Kmart gave me TPM the day before schedule just cause I'd pre-ordered it.

Toys R Us have a special poster too. Not a bad one either. But the Kmart cover is better.

And go to Video Ezy if you have the chance. There's at least 4 charachter posters, movie posters and dangling cardboard stuff in there.

Awesome.

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I could always do with some more dangling cardboard stuff, i got tonnes from the ep1 release but might come back and get some more to complete the collection.

Not forgetting the spiderman poster i have for the dvd release, plus the fotr stuff, plus that fricking huge poster i got at the last skyforce...

I need a bigger room.

8. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Well, the wait is over. I spotted the DVD at Woolworths this afternoon, going for $30 a pop. BTW, of all the videos I spotted, none are widescreen.

Thank the maker I'm buying a DVD player in a couple of weeks.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Got mine today, $34.95 @ HMV.

E_S

10. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I should be getting mine tomorrow if all goes to plan.

And then I plan on seeing how far I can get the floor to move when that seismic charge goes off

11. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Woooo!!!!

I got mine today at Target for $34.95!!!

:D :D

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's such a good movie! We're selling it for $34.95, which is much cheaper with a staff discount! ;) :p

Anyone watched the R2D2 mockumentary? :D

E_S

13. Dark-Vador

Dark-Vador Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    I bought mine today at Big-W for $29.84, discounted to $28.35. I haven't watched it yet and I'm dying to!! I have an exam in a few hours as well (oh the suspense). So when I get home tonight I have to fire up the home theatre and wake up the neighbours.

:p j/k

btw- I was really tempted to buy the one from K-Mart cos you get that groovy slip case with it that looks soooo juicy. I decided against buying it to save $5... did I make the right decision???

14. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Can't get mine for another week. Dern exams! :(

I have to purchase mine for under $30, otherwise I can't get if for free :p :p :p :p Guess I'll have to miss out on the slip cover then

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I heard a rumour that Kmart was having a 15% off sale this Thursday/Friday...

Anyway, I haven't got it yet. I've been in Sydney and just basically miles away from home, I called my brother to pick up the pre-ordered copy of it, but it seems he couldn't be bothered. So I'll just have to wait it out.

No worries.

16. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Awwwww, Poor Wedge ...

Bought it today. Spoiled myself.

Anyways, here are (to the best of my knowledge, the known hidden features for the E2 dvd - they are essentially the same as TPM for disc 1 ...

On Disc 1 from the Main Menu access the Languages menu.
    Once there, enter 1 1 3 8 using your remote control. You may have to press enter after each digit, or you may need to press the 10+ key, followed by 1 3 8. This will give you short blooper reel that features hilarious outtakes. (On TPM, you could access these scenes via the GO TO... menu ...not sure which scenes, tho ... just hunt around for them)

You can access three different menu schemes for the first disc.
    On the first disc press 1, 2 or 3 on your remote during the copyright screen when the disc first loads up.
    1 gives you a Coruscant theme, 2 is Kamino and 3 is Geonosis.

On Disc 2, Go to the 'Dex's Kitchen' menu and highlight the Main Menu option. Press LEFT on your remote to highlight a small picture beside Dex's head. Press ENTER for Star Wars: Want Ads - The Collage Campaign.

(I'm assuming this is news to some people...)

17. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Man I love this disc.

This afternoon, I watched all the TV spots and trailers several times (Love that 'Biggest Action Hero' one ;) )

I liked the documentry of how they made the digital characters!

The Audio commentary is very interesting!

Although I was disapointed that some deleted scenes that I had in mind weren't there. I was hoping to see the scene where the jedi board that ship, and also the one where Dooku fights with two sabers :(

18. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'm getting mine sometime next weekend (don't kill me) when all that nice overtime I've been doing at work comes in. :D

19. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Got it today at Kmart for $29. I was ready to get them to price match if they had it for the $35 some were saying, but there was no need in the end.

20. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Everyone, I advise you to watch the end credits of the Previsualisation Documentary! Very Funny!

21. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    After watching the dvd, the commentary and all the extra's. The documentaries are much different compared to ep1 dvd. The doco's cover parts of the movie making process, whereas the ep1 dvd was an overivew of the whole film being made. You don't see much of the onset action, wherease the ep1 dvd had lots of onset shots.

That part got me a bit, although seeing as there was no ahmed best for most of the time, i thought that was an improvement.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    marvin - I love Yoda popping up and destroying the Shaak! [face_laugh]

E_S

23. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Has anyone seen the Phantom Menace/AOTC box set?

Does it contain all the extras of both the TPM and AOTC seperate dvds?

24. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Update on hidden features - for people watching on dvd-rom (who don't already know) bloopers can be found at Title 15 - Chapter 1

Thankfully (unlike TPM) its not just Artoo falling over in every scene ...

25. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Yeah, it's just Hayden falling over instead. What a dumb arse! Did he trip over Byrne's leg or just her nightie?

Still, it was pretty funny. :)

That two movie double set is out there and it's just the two copies of the DVD releases whacked into a double cardbopard case. So you do get the 4 disks like you would buying them both seperately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.