main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Clones DVD Easter Egg

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by southbeach, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Here is one so far...

To find the DVD credits and hilarious bloopers, just head to the "Options" screen. Then highlight the "THX" logo and press "1138" on your DVD remote. Some remotes require you to press "11" and then "38", or "1" "1" "38", but you know the deal. Once you press the numbers, the credits will begin to roll.

2. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Disc 2 in Dexter's Dinner. Goto to where "R2 Beneith the Dome" vid is and highlite the poster on the wall behind Dexter to see the college campain posters.

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Not really an easter egg but at the end of the ?? and I slaughtered them like animals.? Speech, Padme and Anakin have lines that were not heard in the theater. I had forgotten they had added that until I watched it tonight. Nice little surprise for me.

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Don't forget we can find the X-wing in the chase scene Title 1, Chapter 7, 2:38 is where the chase is :D :D

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't know if this is an official Easter Egg or not...but I was at a DVD party last night with my friends and we all swear that we saw a Pepsi can...not to be mistaken with the coke can already mentioned in the Anakin/Padme kissing scene. This one is where Anakin and Padme kiss again, right before they are hauled out into the Geonosian Arena. When Anakin is talking to Padme, and the screen is panned to the left side of the gate towards the left wall...see that small bluish cylinder in front of the chariot? It almost looks like Padme is looking at it for a couple of seconds, too. Check it out and see for yourself!

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The coolest one is 1:52 minutes into the movie. Some people swear the grave over Mary Jane's shoulder has the name.... oops, wrong movie, that's Spider-Man.

Anyway, according to Sebulba-X, here's how to see the X-wing and TIE fighter: From listening to the commentary track, I paused the movie right when John Knoll said the 3 TIE Fighters were chasing the X-Wing during the Coruscant Chase Scene. Pause the movie at Title 1, Chapter 7, 2:38 (Minutes:Seconds) and you can see them in the trench (overhead view) at the bottom left of the screen.

And I just noticed Emily already posted this, sorry, Emily.

7. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I'll bite, what does the grave stone say?

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    According to some, although I don't think it says this, the gravestone has the words "Stacey, Gwen" on it. For those that don't know, Gwen was the first love of Peter's life. She was killed when Spider-Man tried to save her after the Green Goblin threw her off the George Washington Memorial bridge.

9. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I have looked for the X Wing and the Tie Fighters, but those ships are so friggen small how could anyone tell what they are!? I would say thats the Falcon on Naboo before I call those Tie Fighters.

10. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I almost died laughing at the bloopers. And some of the bloopers were left out too.

I am slightly dissappoined that there were some things left out of the dvd(more dleted sceens).

Ur right, there IS an extra line after Anikin say "I killed them like animalks".

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  12. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Ok, confirming the so-called Pepsi can I mentioned in an above post, it's not a can. I was messing around with the AOTC display movie at work today...and used the Zoom feature, and to my surprise, it turned out to be some sort of pole..just barely sticking up from the front of the chariot to give the appearance of being a pop can. Oh well, time to scout for more Easter Eggs I guess...

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The 1138 reference has been found, as has the shaak. Here's a link to tf.n's story.

Linky, linky.

14. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Here are some more Easter Eggs that fans have found:

eeggs.com movie

eeggs.com DVD features

Title 1, Chapter 7, 2:38

So nice when that is not on my DVD player. Ah well, I've seen it once, and I know where to look... maybe I'll be able to see it better on my big screen TV. :D

15. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    If you want to access the blooper reel on the PS2, I found out how you do it. (Some people on that site were saying how they weren't sure how to do it, so this is for anybody who wants to know... I discovered how to) When you go to the options screen, hit the "select" button on the controller. Then press 1 then 1. Then 0 then 3. Then 0 then 8. You should be laughing hysterically in seconds.

I also found where Lucas and McCallum are in the Senate. Lucas is more visible though... you can't really make out who McCallum is.

Also, if you have the DVD, try watching it in Spanish. Due to time constraints, I didn't watch it entirely, but watch at least a few minutes in Spanish. The Yoda voice is pretty sweet. Samuel L. Jackson's voice however, is ridiculous when you compare it to his real one. Trust me, you will thank me after a few laughs...

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    First of all I thought that Rick confremed that George is in fact NOT in AOTC but Rick said his hand or arm is.

Second we get the x-wing on already. I posted that on the like 3rd POST!

17. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    This really doesn't count as an easter egg, but I will put it hear anyways.
    In the Puppets to Pixals section of the dvd George says this about Yoda...

"Yoda is actually the illigetamate child of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. We've never discussed this before, and don't let it get out, because if that hits the National Inquirer we're all dead."

HAHAHHAHA!! LMAO!

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I watched that the first day the DVD was released Jon. I nearly died laughing. You weren't at the party, cuz you're in carbonite, but I told everyone that at the party after having watched the documentary. He's got Miss Piggy's ears, and Kermit's well, just about everything else! How funny would it be if GL released the name of Yoda's species and it had something to do with "Muppet" or Kermit and Piggy? I think that would be wicked cool. Does this mean that Yaddle is their illegitimate child too??? :confused:

19. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    No, Yaddle is the hot sister of Animal.

20. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Not an easter egg, but something on interest. I bought and watch AOTC the first day and noticed a scene that pauses (It is the scene after Jango Fett reaches the asteroid field). I watch it a second time and saw the same pause on my buddies copy and then a third time on a different DVD all on different players. Is anyone else getting this on their copy or am I losing it....?

21. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    That happens on all DVD's. It results from the player reaching the end of the first layer of data on the disk, then switching to the second layer. It's just really noticeable in the AOTC DVD because it happens during an action sequence.

22. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I read somthing on TF.N when AOTC first came out. When Anakin and Padme land on Naboo, just before the screen changes from the big ship landing, if you look to the extreme left of the screen, you can see a ship like the Falcon (forget right now what the actual model number is).

23. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I get the pause as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.