main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Attack of the Clones - gonna be there?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Ozzel, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    We now have three trailers. May 16th - the day is set. :D

Where ya gonna camp out at?

I, personally, go to the Quail Springs AMC 24 in OKC. Anyone else gonna meet me there?

2. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Probably not me, I'll most likely be going to the Hollywood in Norman.

3. RossWarrior

RossWarrior Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    For Episode I, I went to Tinseltown, but I haven't really decided where I'm going to see it at. I probably won't camp out there. I'll be taking off work that day though and probably see it twice.

It's gonna rock!

4. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    well pez the club hasn't decided on a place yet but i do like quail springs amc24 but we will proboly pick a more centralized location we will let you know

5. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    I went to the one at Penn Square for Ep. 1 and there were no crowds...but sadly it is gone now so I will have to choose another theater!

6. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    They closed the Penn Square theater? When did that happen? ?[face_plain]

7. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Ummmm....A few months ago...
    too bad too...that was my fave

8. Darth_Simian

Darth_Simian Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    I was planning on the AMC Quail Springs 24...but now I'm thinking about making the trek down to Dallas to see AOTC. IF the film opens at the Cinemark in Plano--the one with the only Digital Projection system in the southwest--I'll see it there opening day. If that theater doesn't get AOTC, then I'm thinking about seeing it at the Galaxy off of LBJ Parkway. Judging from what I've heard about the HUGE screen and great sound system at the Galaxy, the 3-hour drive down there COULD be worth it.

Either way, I'm avoiding the Hollywood in Norman. A friend of mine was seeing a film there last week and found out (the hard way) that the theater has a BIG mouse problem. There was one crawling around in one of the auditoriums. When my friend brought it to the attention of one of the employees, he was told "Oh yeah, we've had a bad mouse problem for a while." Ugh. I wouldn't go to a restaurant with a mouse problem, nor am I going to a theater (where food is sold) with one. Now, it's possible that things will change between now and May...but unless I hear otherwise, the Spotlight is OUT.

- Darth Simian

9. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    I'd want to meet yall for the movie, but my mom would FREAK out!! LOL.....

10. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I'll be going to the Hollywood as well. I'm beginning to plan my "camping trip", but something came to mind today. For LotR, Hollywood allowed NO ONE to camp for tickets. I'm not forseeing this policy changing between now and then, so i'm probably going to just stalk the theatre for a day or 2. I'll talk to the theatre sometime soon to see what their stance on campers will be. Keep in mind that tickets for the week go on sale on Mondays at 6 for the Hollywood.

11. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Alright, the date is ever approaching. Let's start an inventory:

PEZman4: AMC Quail Springs 24

Jedi_Arwen: Hollywood Theatre, Norman

RossWarrior: ?

xwing25 (on behalf of the OKC Collector's Club): Norman or AMC 24?

snowbee-wan kenobi: ?

Darth_Simian: Cinemark, Plano (digital)

Padawn_JB: Kickingbird

ForceDemon: Hollywood, Norman

Alderaan21: Tulsa???

XR73627794: Heritage Park?

And we still have a few unaccounted for.

12. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I'll probably see it quite a few times at Heritage Park because I work right down the road at KFC and my boss always gives me free tickets for that theater. I'll probably do opening night at Tinseltown like I did for Episode I.

13. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I'll probably see it a few times at Heritage Park as well because I have a friend that works there, and thus I can see it for free and not help it beat Titanic's box office.
    I am a bad, bad man. :)
    Anyway, for opening day, I'm leaning torwards seeing it somewhere nicer, like Regal at Crossroads, because thats the closest to me besides Heritage Park.
    But where was the biggest line for Episode 1 at? I just don't want it to see it anywhere "too" crowded.

14. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Is Titanic still #1? [face_devil]

I plan on seeing it at least 12 times in the theater.

15. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    As far as opening day goes, Harry Potter holds the record. But TPM still holds the biggest Wednesday opening ever, and I feel sure that AOTC with have the biggest Thursday opening ever. I'm not sure about Titanic.

You can find all kinds of box office stats at http://www.the-movie-times.com/thrsdir/Top10openings.html

16. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Ah, yes, forgot about Harry Potter.
    I'm sure many, many parents wasted a lot of money and many hours of their lives taking their kids to that horrible movie.
    If anyone here digs the Harry Potter, sorry.
    Anyway, I'm probably 95% sure I'm going to Regal at X-Roads, its the closest, less than 10 minutes away.

17. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    I'll probably go to Quail Because i got quite a few gift certificates there for X-mas and haven't had a chance to use them yet, I too will probably go see the flick at least 3 times. I can't believe that panty waste movie Titanic is #1 that crap has got to change

Nightsun

18. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    They usually don't let you use gift certificates on the first week (I think).

19. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    Pezman I checked into and you are Correct!! But that's not the worst of it it's not 1 week but 2. I guess i'll be paying for the first or second times and use the gift certificates later

20. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    *raises an eyebrow at XR* I'll try not to be offended. ;)

Gift certificates or no, I'm still going to be dropping bucks at least in the three-figure range before I'm through with AOTC in the theaters... p

21. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Heh, sorry Alderaan21, the HP just isn't my thing. It reminds me of Neil Gaiman's Books of Magic, but not quite as good.
    Anyway, yeah I think I'm going to go see this quite a lot in the theater too, probably a lot more times than I saw TPM.

22. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    I saw TPM 7 times, so I think 8 with AOTC sounds good. :D

23. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    OMG, there's a mouse problem at the Hollywood? I never noticed, but now I'm freaking out. I think we'll be okay though if I don't tell my mom. She hates mice.

24. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Scratch me for the Spotlight in Norman. There will be no midnight showing, i'll it will now be relegated to my thursday night and weekend viewing needs.

So Quail Springs does online ticket buying, eh? When to they go on sale? And when are ppl expecting to show up for said midnight showing should there be one?

I suggest we use our various contacts to determine these details. Which theatres are having what showings and when tickets for these showing go on sale, on and offline.

I'll start

Spotlight 14 (Norman): No midnight showing. Tickets go on sale Mon. May 13th at 6pm. No online ticket sales.

25. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Does anyone else know any ticket info for any of the other theaters? Specifically Quail Springs, Tinseltown, and Regal X-Roads?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.