main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Attack of the Clones had a volcano. Did you catch it?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MarcJordan, Jul 17, 2016.

1. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Anakin and Padme at the Lake retreat:

[​IMG]

And the Volcano is :

Colli Albani Volcanic District on the outskirts of Rome.
    Now, the Colli Albani (also known as the Alban Hills) has already been identified as having a volcanic past. It consists of a large caldera (10 by 12 kilometers) that was likely created during the Colli Albani’s most active period from 608,000 to 351,000 years ago.

[​IMG]

Lake Albano (Italian: Lago Albano or Lago di Castel Gandolfo) is a small volcanic crater lake in the Alban Hills of Lazio, at the foot of Monte Cavo, 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Rome. Castel Gandolfo, overlooking the lake, is the site of thePapal Palace of Castel Gandolfo.

MJ

2. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    All lies, didn't you know, the Prequels were all green screen and digital effects. There was nothing real in those movies.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Villa scenes weren't filmed near Rome, but further north at Lake Como.

Having been to the lake myself (and seen the Villa del Balbianello where AOTC was filmed), I can say that it's most likely just a mountain in the background there. I don't think there's any volcanic activity in that whole region of Italy.

Alienware, mikeximus and Cryogenic like this.
  4. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    It took me a long time to spot the little lake house in the distance, on the island that Padme talks of swimming to every day.

But yes, violence is etched into the landscape. Quarrying rock and trimming the Earth is a kind of violence, too.

Pyrogenic, MarcJordan and mikeximus like this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Most of the activity is a bit further south - especially in the Naples region.

mikeximus and MarcJordan like this.
  6. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    The lake of Como is really a marvellous place, so extremelly beautiful that some fans really think that is not real. Naboo is really the Mediterranean of SW.

darskpine10, MarcJordan and mikeximus like this.