main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Attack of the Clones" Is it a good title?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Whimper, Aug 6, 2001.

?

"Attack of the Clones" Is it a good title?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
  1. Yes! I love it already!

24.1%
  2. Well, it's certainly cheesy. But in a good way.

20.8%
  3. AOTC? Um... I'm sure I'll get used to it.

20.5%
  4. It's no better or worse than "The Phantom Menace"

1.3%
  5. I don't really like it... too campy.

5.2%
  6. I hate it, even my kid sister could come up with a better title.

3.1%
  7. Worst. Title. Ever. GL becomes the Joel Schumacher of Star Wars.

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Anakin-Solo

Sith-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I killed the thread a year ago. :p

I still like it, not as much as RotS, though.

2. Darth_Innertube

Darth_Innertube Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Star Wars Episode II: "Begun the Clone War Has"

I remember when it was announced and I went "ugg". 'Cause if you remember there was all this talk about the cloned sheep in Scotland (Dolly, I believe). So, it seemed extra dorky to me. I still think it's kinda goofy, but I don't mind quite as much.

I'm not too crazy about the title ROTS either. I was hoping for "Rise of the Empire". Ah well.

3. ps2_jedi

ps2_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    I'll get used to it.

4. nyjet10

nyjet10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    Lucas obviously uses a formula:

The Phantom Menace
    A New Hope

(They talk about a person that have been revealed)

Attack of the Clones
    The Empire Strikes Back

(They are an action by the oppisite side of the person in the first movie.)

Revenge of the Sith
    Return of the Jedi

(They are the return of the person in the first movies group to power, or the oppisite group of the second movies to power)

So basically it goes:

Person, Action of other group, Winning of the Persons group.

5. DarthRhyno

DarthRhyno Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    How about Episode II: Defense of the Clones. Think about it. The only time you see the clones fighting is at the end of the movie, and what are they doing? DEFENDING the jedi. I'm not saying Defense of the Clones is good either, but it's a better representation of what actually is happening in the movie. And as for Revenge of the Sith, I don't think Sidious is enacting revenge on anyone. Everything is proceeding as he has forseen it. So I guess it's Episode III: The Plan Worked.

6. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    What I ahve found is that each movie title gets stronger in the next Episode(s)....

The Phantom Menace - We see this evil Darth Sidious working behind everything, but his true phantom plans are only slowly revealed throughout AOTC and ROTS, and we finally see their result in the OT.

Attack of the Clones - The Clones are created and well, we all know what happens. But will the events of ROTS show us a deeper meaning, to the true "attack of the clones?" I think it will, and if you follow your spoilers you probably will think so too. Besides, all those Stormtroopers in the OT are bad arent they?

Revenge of the Sith - Well the Sith seek their revenge, but it's not until the OT where we see how strongly this changed the galaxy.

A New Hope - Sure, We see Luke grow and become a powerful young man, but it's not until ESB and ROTJ that we really see the power that he has as this "new hope."

The Empire Strikes Back - Well, yes, they do. But once we see that in ROTJ they have been planning so much of this, and have been working behind the scenes with the new Death Star and the Emperor's true plans, we realize that the Empire really is striking back once and for all to eliminate the Rebellion.

Return of the Jedi - Well, we basically see it all in this movie seeing as how there arent any more, but the Jedi as in both Luke and Anakin return, and its safe to assume the Jedi as a whole return after the movie.

So with each movie, more meaning is given to the previous titles (chronologically) occuring before it. I have no doubt this will be the case with AOTC after ROTS comes out. Then again, this is just my opinion on it all.

7. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    The title is one of the few things I absolutely love about Episode2. Always have.I think there was actually a point when it was announced when I was the only one who liked it :p

8. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah I liked AOTC as the title.

9. Obi-Gon-Jinnobi

Obi-Gon-Jinnobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2003
    It's got a lot of cheese, but it just might be the sort of cheese we need.

10. LukeCloudjogger

LukeCloudjogger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Attack of the Clones is fine, but I would have preferred something along the lines of "Spark of the Emperor." Since it SPARKS (begins) the Emperor's beginning, and Dooku IS the Emperor's SPARK (or apprentice).

But, eh, I can live with Attack of the Clones.

11. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    It's not a "good" title in general. It's a great Star Wars title though.

- O_F

12. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I think it's a very good title then again I also thinkg TPM, ANH, TESB, ROTJ, and ROTS are good titles to. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.