main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Clones: RACIST towards French Canadians

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by IronParrot, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    Wattos a Jew... Jabba is the Italian Maffia trying to take over America... Chewie is Russian (thats why he's all furry and every thing he says sounds so harsh)... Jango is the latino guy trying to make a living in America through a life of crime... Boba is the kid from a broken home... Yoda represents those damn pigmies... JarJar is obivously an attack on the mentaly ill... and the hole story of the Republic is an insult to the great rule of Julius Ceaser.

George Lucas I hope your happy being such a pig!

((Again its a joke guys :D))

-StarFett
    "Ay, Boba lets go spray paint the Jedi's temple!"

2. Only_2

Only_2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    French-Canadian is not a race, it's an affliction.

I'm from Boston, and have visited Montreal quite a few times. I can't tell you how many times I was out at a club or in a bar or restaurant and the French-Canadian waiter/maitre'd/bartender would talk to other employees and insult the people I was with in French, and then just smile. I let them go on for a little while, then I'd ask them in French why they had no guts to insult me in a language that everyone in the room can understand.

Then they become your best friend until you leave. If your going to talk $&@!, have the guts to back it up. I don't speak French well, but I understand most of what I hear, I just have trouble responding. I don't take any of this seriously, but more often than not the French Canadians give Americans plenty of reason to have contempt for them.

Hey Luke_Clones, Like I was just kiddin, eh? Take off , eh? You hoser.

3. Celestial

Celestial Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    This is a forum about AOTC, not how much of a b$tch you can be towards people you dont understand.

I am PMing the mods. Hopefully this will be LOCKED and history very soon.

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I am PMing the mods. Hopefully this will be LOCKED and history very soon.

Celes...do you realise that IronParrot[/]b is a mod? Thus the pretty colours on his name.

THIS IS A JOKE, PEOPLE! Lighten up!

5. Celestial

May 22, 2002
    Then he should LOCK it.

I know there are some people that find this "joke" as degraded into an insult.

6. Only_2

May 21, 2002
    This thread was started by a mod, so let them decide what to do with it.

And none of the statements on this thread are any more degrading than the idea that anything to do with Star Wars is intentionally racist.

Racial/Ethnic stereotypes only exist because the people whom are offended by them typically are the ones who perpetuate them.

Taken out of context, anything humorous can be used to hurt someone.

My earlier comments about the French Canadian Waiter/bartenders wasn't meant to be racist against them. More so to point out how ignorant they think most Americans are, which in a lot of cases is true. We're good people, just naive.

And all of this proves how completely baseless any comments of GL being a racist are.

7. Celestial

May 22, 2002

Sorry. Your credibility is shot Only_2.

8. Jansens_Funny_Twin

Jansens_Funny_Twin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Sorry. Your credibility is shot Only_2.

Oh God, stop being so sensitive.

I showed this to a friend of mine (who's of French-Canadian decent) that line, and he started busting a gut.

9. Celestial

May 22, 2002
    Oh God, stop being so sensitive.

I showed this to a friend of mine (who's of French-Canadian decent) that line, and he started busting a gut.

So? I wasn't referring to any of that. I just think this should be LOCKED is all.

10. Only_2

May 21, 2002
    I think Celestial has sand in it's undies.

Credibility? I didn't know I needed credibility to post here.

And French-Canadian is not a race, it's a Nationality. We're all members of the human race. So I guess any time I make fun of anyone else I'm being racist right?

By the way ask me what my race is and then tell me I'm racist, please.

11. knightboat82

knightboat82 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2002
    everyone here is now DUMBER...for listening to the person who started this

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I have NEVER, in my ENTIRE LIFE, seen a joke thread taken as seriously as this one.

It makes it even funnier. [face_laugh]

13. Celestial

May 22, 2002

I'm sorry. You said this, not me. And I'm pretty sure it was not a joke. Exactly how someone can call a group of people an "affliction" and still be credible to talk about sterotypes and racism is beyond me. If this statement was about Latinos or African-Americans this thread would be locked and the person flamed no questions asked.

14. jedimaster5615

jedimaster5615 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
  15. Only_2

May 21, 2002
    Like I said, ask me what race I am. go ahead.

Ask me what race my wife is, please, then tell me how racist I sound, or how honorable is my credibility.

I think it's funny how people who make the most noise about racism are from the "race" that perpetuates the problem.

I think IronParrot is very creative in making all the similes between AOTC and French-Canadian politics and history.

I do agree that if this topic were about African-Americans or Latin people it would get locked immediately. That's why racism still exists. It's hard to talk about something delicate like racism if you are racist or have racist roots.

Montreal's new tourism slogan:

French-Canadian: the other white North Americans.

16. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    ONLY_2-- Stop trying to sound like a hero. You're making a fool of yourself.

This thread was started by people who have little to no understanding of race relations and racism and use "joke threads" like these to mock serious arguments about racially offensive content in The Phatom menace that they are too ignorant to understand or respect. I don't care if IRONPARROT is a mod or not, in fact, the fact that sh/he is a mod goes to show how pathetic and hypocritical the suppsoed "censorship" on this site is.

And yes, I udnerstand the "joke" in all of this, it's obvious. Just as it's obvious that this person does not even remotely respect the opinions of those forum members who have made comments in the TPM board about the racial issues that have emerged out of some of the dumb chracters in TPM (oh and for the record, I am NOT one of those people. I have never even posted in the TPM forum).

ONLY_2 said: Racial/Ethnic stereotypes only exist because the people whom are offended by them typically are the ones who perpetuate them.

Oh, okay, so all Arab people and Arab Americans are terrorists and engage in terrorist activity, right? All Latino people can barely speak English and are illegal aliens, right? All Black people are criminals and violent? Oh and of course all White people are racists and comepletely unhip. And thus, their behavior is what perpetuates the stereotypes. This is BLATANTLY RACIST and offensive yet Iron Parrot and the other supposed "moderators" allow it. Why? Because it's clear they don't care about racial issues and don't understand them.

Only_2 that is easily one of the most ignorant statements I have seen on this site. It is sickening that I have to put up with it. On top of that, this thread has nothing to do with AOTC or spoilers.

And then you tell people what is a race and what is not. How do you know? What is your definition? Is African-American a "race"? Or is it a nationality? Or an ethnicity? Whatever.

Oh and for the record, I don't care what race you are or your wife for that matter. You could be Black and still be just as ignorant as a card-carrying Klansman. Your "race" really doesn't really matter when it comes to your views.

17. knightboat82

knightboat82 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2002

24 hours for flamming.

18. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Yes!

This is an outrage!

Sacre Bleu!

We must stop George Lucas's racism!

I can't believe I haven't seen it!

Sheesh!

George, you're getting on my nerves!

19. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    Wow Green_Destiny_Sword, you're really taking this thread way too seriously [face_plain]

20. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    KNIGHTBOAT82 and OBI-ZAHN--If you guys take time to read what I am saying, I am not blasting the thread. I said in my post that I don't even comment in the SW racism threads. I am stating the reason why people make threads like this. If the truth hurts you, too bad. I am also not asking that the thread be locked.
    What I was specifically addressing though is ONLY_2 and I quoted his/her statements. If you agree with her/him fine. Not really a shocker

Oh and if you actually have something sensible to say, just bring it.

P.S. CHARLIE MARTEL-- Again, read what I am saying. I am not saying that people on here really hate french canadians or saying the thread should be shut down. I am just stating motivations. When it comes to ONLY_2, I was dead serious though. If you agree with the statement that I quoted, that's fine.You're 100% entitled. But don't tell me I am being to serious when I respond to nonsense like that.

21. Celestial

May 22, 2002
    Well I'm asking this thread be locked for several reasons:

(1) joke threads are spam

(2) it has and will get heated in here leading to unfortunate posts and BANNING

(3) it is off topic. nothing to do with AOTC or spoilers

(4) this thread will never go away until locked as someone will inevitably pluck it from page 20 or wherever

Only_2, I'm not sure I get your point about your "race". All I was saying was that you called an identifiable group of people an "affliction". Was this an error? Do you support this view?

22. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    I was referring to your first statement:

"This thread was started by people who have little to no understanding of race relations and racism and use "joke threads" like these to mock serious arguments about racially offensive content in The Phatom menace that they are too ignorant to understand or respect. I don't care if IRONPARROT is a mod or not, in fact, the fact that sh/he is a mod goes to show how pathetic and hypocritical the suppsoed "censorship" on this site is."

I still think that's taking this too seriously.

23. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    Okay, here we go.

(1) joke threads are spam
    Jokes threads are not spam. There are many, many joke threads floating around this forum, as well as other forums.

(2) it has and will get heated in here leading to unfortunate posts and BANNING
    Yes, one person has already been banned. But that's his problem; he wasn't mature enough to participate.

(3) it is off topic. nothing to do with AOTC or spoilers
    Again, it's a joke thread, spoofing the claims people make of racism in Star Wars, and more specifically, AOTC.

(4) this thread will never go away until locked as someone will inevitably pluck it from page 20 or wherever
    Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Starting large debates over wether or not it should be closed only bumps it back up to the top. If you really want it closed, perhaps you should ask IronParrot.

Hope that helped. :)

24. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil French Canadian men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee, hoser."

25. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    Hmmm, actually I will agree with him for once...
    It should probably be moved to Star Wars Mis.

That way we can address the whole Star Wars series! Yae!

What ever happens I just hope we can at least keep it open some where.

Now if you will excuse me I need to go right a law suit against Lucas for all the therapy I'm going to need after being insulted like this...
    George you big bully!

-StarFett
    "Damn sand, it's in my gun holster again!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.