main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Clones soundtrack

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by RIPLEY426, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    I really wonder how to get the AOTC soundtrack for a fanfilm or whatever. Since the AOTC cds can not be played on the PC I´d really like to know how other people can insert it in their fanfilms!

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    What are you talking about? Of course they can be played on PC... I've done it myself many times, even gone so far as to rip the entire soundtrack off onto my hard drive. If you're having problems, it's on your end.

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    If you own a CD it is legal to download it. I think.

4. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    If you can't rip it off of the CD, you could always get an audio cable from another CD player and record it through your PC's microphone jack.

Complicated, yet ineffective. :)

5. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    I got one of those very first soundtrack cds that they sold (yet before the premiere of EP2) and it was announced as "not playable on the PC". They didn´t want you to rip it or whatever. The cd that I have got remains to the limited edition of the soundtrack that also stores a bonus track (Jango´s theme). Maybe that´s why it doesn´t work.

6. GrgurMG

GrgurMG Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2003

Check your local library for a non-funky-special-edition copy... and rip that. :D

But also, yeah, I think it'd be permissible to download the tracks, plus using the comps mic input would also work. You'll need a double male sided stereo cable.

Also, if for some reason you have an insane need to do things the unnecessarily long way.. you can play the CD off your CD player.. output through the stereo cable, get a Stereo to RCA adapter, hook that up with your digital camcorders A/V cable, turn AV Input or AV -> DV on.. open up your editing software.. and capture the audio straight to a DV file.. then unlink the audio and video tracks.. and discard the video.

Once again.. that's the insanely long way ;)

7. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Still not sure what problems you're having.. I also have the pre-AOTC release of the disc, and it plays fine. What errors is it giving you when you try to play it or rip it?

8. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    Try ripping the audio using SoundForge. Haven't had a problem with it yet.

9. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I´ve got the same when playing the CD on the computer. After closing the drive nothing happens. It tries to load the files but you just hear a noise in the drive.
    On the back cover is a sign that says that it can´t be played on PC or MAC. I always wondered how someone got the songs on his comp.

10. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    I´ve got the same when playing the CD on the computer. After closing the drive nothing happens. It tries to load the files but you just hear a noise in the drive.
    On the back cover is a sign that says that it can´t be played on PC or MAC. I always wondered how someone got the songs on his comp.

Time tells me that this is a Germany-only issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.