main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Attack Of The Clones Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clonessountrack Main Theme (Across The Stars) is now available for a preview:

http://sonyclassical.com/music/89932/

Review: The end of the movie as we know parallels The Empire Strikes Back, in that while there is a victory to be celebrated to a degree, it is indeed bittersweet. The Jedi have been decimated, the factions are more divided than ever before, and the setting is now for all out war. John Williams has written a love theme that is stunning and driven, a bittersweet melody of hate and hope. Episode I's score, despite the powerful Duel of the Fates, was set to a far different tone than this one. The mood was lighter, more inventive and full of discovery. In this track we feel the heavy emotion of the clarinet and brooding themes of darkness. The harp flows in the background, as the track builds toward a difficult and commanding resolution. The theme is flowing, sweeping and grand, with brass undertones of darkness and complexity of the hour. This is in the top two tracks of the disc for sure, and I think it gives us another great promise of maturity in the sequel. And at the end of the track, which I love, it just hangs for a moment, then resolves to the ending. Just like the characters in the movie. They are simply there, resolved, yet hanging.

2. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    With all the hype this Tue for the HASBRO GOODIES, dun forget the SOUNDTRACK is alos out this Tue morning too! So are all publications, the novels, comics, blah blah....

Let the War (Clone War) BEGINS!!!

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Actually, although the entire mechandise release is set for 23rd April, I can't be sure whether it can be said for Singapore..but here's hoping..:)

4. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I will get the soundstrack as soon as I can get my hands on it.

The biggest problem, methinks, for someone who is as spoilt (AOTC-wise) as I am, if I should read the novelisation before watching the movie or not.

Here's hoping that the novel doesn't appear before the movie, so that we won't have that problem. But again, maybe not.

CHOICES! :_|

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I've read the leaked script. :p I have a link to it if you want.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    but back to the topic..

I think the soundtrack will be good, living up to it's high and expected standard of Star Wars fans. Of course I haven't heard it, but I have high regard for JW~

7. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    I'm not so sure about JW, myself. He seems to be running out of fresh material. If you listen to Harry Potter, you'd realise how similar it is to many of the masterpieces he'd composed through the years. The JW trademark maybe, but things are getting a little rehashed.

Just my opinion. But I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

8. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hmm... so the soundtrack is out at HMV!!!

So, everyone will find the sountrack reaching all stores by this weekend!

Which one are you all gonna buy? The AOTC poster, the Yoda, Jango or Anakin + Padme??

And how much is the HMV soundtrack?? Izzit those pricey US version which cost $29.90???

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Nope! It's priced at $19 at HMV...go get it!

The covers seem to have equal weightage..I bought the normal poster one (like TPM) :D

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Me bought the ATOC soundtrack at HMV Citilink!

Really enjoyed the entire soundtrack! So "Empire Strikes Back"! Really really love ACROSS THE STARS!

I'm very very surprised to hear the Imperial March towards the end of the last track! Guess it would be the scene when Count Dooku reports to Palpatine on Coruscant.

11. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Ooo... LISTEN UP!

The WALMART EXCLUSIVE TRACK 14 is inside the HMV AOTC soundtrack I bought. though not listed inside, just click track 14 and you'll hear the extra bonus track!

This track 14 is not available in USA, only in Walmart stores! And now, it's here at HMV Singapore!

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Kinda weird huh?

I like the soundtrack too. JW has raised the standards yet again~

13. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Oooo...

I'm still listening to the OST... soo nice... LURVE <<ACROSS THE STARS>> !!!!!! My new all-time Fav!

Go and BUY for those who are still CONSIDERING... I'm playing my figures while Blasting the title from Confrontation with Count Dooku... SOOOOOO KEWL!!!

Help me, Obi-Wan! Hahaha!

14. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Curbed my impatience until they come out with some freebies for us. :p I think they will...

Did everyone get the poster that went with the TPM soundtrack (not the cover one, the big 'movie poster' one)? Or was it just later on? I didn't buy mine right after it was released...

15. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Got Mister Yoda cover.

Though I must admit, I very much prefer the picture on the back of the CD. You know, the picture of Anakin and Padme walking away from the ship with Artoo in tow?

The visual allegorical something or the other about that picture is simply awesome. Didn't they have the saying in GFFA that "A beautiful woman is equal to the flood waters"?

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Soooomuch music from the finale never appeared on the soundtracks!!! I wanna the Ultimate soundtrack collection!!!

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    That's because the music was from the other 4 movies..the AOTC soundtrack doesn't include anything that isn't new

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Does anyone have the OT soundtrack? A set costs around $80... :_|

20. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I have the 4-CD box set. Paid $150 for it (in installment) and 12 months later it cost only a fraction of the price. :_| Also got the SE ROTJ Book version and the CDs I had took out into another casing. :p

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Anybody know where to find those SE OT soundtracks? Those with the embossed silver or gold words on the box cover. I think each episode got 2 CDs...

22. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    HMV and Borders have the OT SE soundtracks.

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Cost? [face_dread]

24. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    There are also 2 versions of the SE OT; one is the cheaper normal CD Casing one and the other more rare and expansive is the book type. I got the book type for ROTJ cause my 4-CDs set don't have the 2 new songs. Heehee, luckily at that time, the aunty at the shop go and label all the SW CDs under 1 price regardless of the type so I made quite a saving!

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wah so gd! Anybody know what the current prices are?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.