main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN ATTACK OF THE CLONES: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qui-John, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    We would love to have you up. As we get more details and info we will be sure to post them.

2. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Well, if all goes well we will have a Clone Trooper there!!! My armor is almost finished using the new molds!! I was told it will ship out within the next week. :)

Just need to mod it up and there I will be in all of my Clone Trooper glory. ;)

3. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    As a follow-up to Ron, Unicron, it was brought up in our meeting that IMAX simply adores advanced ticket sales, so the likelihood is pretty high on that particular note.

Again, we'll let you know more as we find out! :)

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    With all the people that will most likely be coming, we're just going to have a CII.75 or something....this is going to be a lot of fun. :D

As if there was any doubt. ;)

Just wanted to say, you guys have been doing a great job, especially you John. It's great to have you involved again, despite your distance from us. Glad to have you around and I look forward to seeing you around more often :)

5. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
  6. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Two of us from Louisville who were planning on coming up for opening day were going to spend the night, as we've got tickets to the Pacers/Timberwolves game the next day (Nov. 2). However, a LOT of the downtown hotels are booked up for that night, and those that have rooms available seem to have jacked up the rate to near-C2 prices. Is something else going on in downtown Indy that weekend?

-John

7. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Our webmaster Yodaonmyleg will be creating a new webpage on the IK site for IMAX information.

8. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Are you all planning on doing things on Saturday as well?

9. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Many of us will be busy on Saturday as our Darth Vader gets married.

10. Qui-John

Aug 8, 1999
    Evening, all!

I just wanted to let everyone in on a tiny tidbit I got today. Basically, the showing schedule for AOTC:TIE, not that anybody would be interested in it, of course...! [face_devil]

An interesting note, here: this schedule is only for Nov 1 - Nov 27, but there is the caveat that it could easily be extended through Christmas Eve. Anyway, here it is:

Monday-Thursday: 1 pm, 4:30 pm & 8 pm

Friday-Saturday: 1 pm, 4:30 pm, 8 pm & 10:45 pm (*)

Sunday: 1 pm, 4:30 pm & 8 pm

(*) Is it just me, or does anyone else see the potential for a Rocky Horror-like festive atmosphere for this particular showing, hmmm...? :D

Also, I'm hearing word of a final running time of 119 minutes, but nothing will be official until the reels come in!

More when I find out!

11. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    I have uploaded some new pages for our IMAX site.

Take a look.

Please remember that these still are a work in progress. As always, comments are welcome.

12. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    Hi, I'm Patrick from the Louisville Alliance, the fan force chapter in Louisville. Iam one of the making the journey on Nov 1st. Does anyone knows when the tickets go on sale for the show. And how can you get them? By phone, tickemater or online?

I will be looking forward to meeting a bunch of the memebers of the Indy Knights.

Thanks,

Patrick

13. Qui-John

Aug 8, 1999
    John, that page looks great! I went ahead and sent that link on to our contacts at the theatre. I'm guessing that we'll be getting quite a bit of info to update here over the next couple of weeks!

Oh, and this link confirms that the editing is finished and the DMR process is underway.

More later...! :)

14. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    I have put up some driving directions on the IMAX directions page. If you think another city should be added, pm me or shoot me an email.

15. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Any news on advanced ticket sales yet? I noticed on theForce.net that a lot of theaters have them on-sale already or put them on-sale this Thursday.

-John, Louisville FF

16. Qui-John

Aug 8, 1999
    Unicron - news on advanced ticket sales may be soon forthcoming. We have another meeting with the IMAX folks tomorrow, and I promise that any new details will be posted here immediately thereafter!

One thing we, as a larger group, should probably start considering is how best to organize advanced ticket sales, specifically with regard to quantity, timing and the collection of fundage. Again, once we find out just a few more details, we can start getting things into place pretty quickly.

More tomorrow! ;)

17. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    How was the meeting with the IMAX folks? Any new news?

18. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    New info will be posted shortly :D

19. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    StarWars.com has posted the official listing of theatres that will show AOTC: IMAX.

20. Qui-John

Aug 8, 1999
    Hey, everyone!

Well, our meeting with the IMAX folks went splendidly on Wednesday. There were many ideas brought up during the course of our conversation, and I'm going to try and organize them as best as I can here for you. There are a few things that are still being worked out, so we'll keep those tasty little treats for a little later post. But, here is the stuff we can tell you:

• Bloodfin and Rebel costumed folk will be in heavy attendance on opening night - we're looking at around 30-40 characters walking about. Combine this with all the props that will be brought in, and this will present a LOT of photo ops and public relations opportunities, and should just be great fun overall!

• Since our Vader is marrying his Padme on Saturday, we're in talks with many other FF groups, both near and abroad, to take up the slack in the costumed character department on that day (including another Vader!). (Side note: I wonder what would happen if we had twoVaders in the same place? Do you think a black hole would form, sucking in all of existence into its Dark Side of the Force vortex?)

• We will have a block of tickets set aside for IK (and other FF groups) members so that we'll be able to see the movie together. There will be a thread coming out soon as to the specifics of gathering the funds, purchasing the tickets, etc. - keep an eye out for it! The ticket prices are looking to be as follows: Adults: $10.50; Seniors: $9, Kids (ages 2-12) $8, and all kids under $2 are free if they sit in the parents lap. However, I can also tell you that there is a $1 discount for getting tickets at a group rate (and a group is defined as a block of 20 tickets or more), so we're definitely looking at that price range. Heck, folks - that just about the same price as going to a regular-sized theater!

• We have Fox-59 and WZPL on board for lead-in promotions during the days prior to release - yup, once again, we'll both see and hear IK folks on the TV and radio airwaves to build up anticipation. Not only that, but we're also looking at Opening Night coverage as well.

• We're also looking at doing a ticket-stub lottery drawing during the opening weekend. Prizes have yet to be determined, but the theater may be able to kick in some free tickets or gift certificates (or something of the like) to help this out.

• We're checking into some additional retailer tie-ins to this event as well. There'll be more on this as things unfold. That, and there may some very cool collecting opportunities at some point in the future...

Oh, and just on a purely visceral level, we had the chance to go up to the projection room (and meet the projectionist, yet another very cool guy that works for IMAX!) and gaze out into the theatre. If you haven't been to an IMAX in a while, you may have forgotten just how **BIG** that screen really is! This is gonna be somethin', folks, it really is...

And there are still quite a few more things that we can't quite share with you yet (one potential idea is very exciting, but I'll just have to leave you with that teaser until we find out!) ;), but when things get a bit more solidified, you'll be the first to find out!

21. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Is there anything else playing with the AOTC? I'd love to see the reshot scenes for the opening of ANH that they did a while back!

And, if you get the chance, go see the Space Station movie there. OMG, it is so cooooool!

22. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Any word on when advance sale tickets will be available?

23. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Some time before Nov. 1 :)

24. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    There are six definites and a few on-the-fence people here in Louisville that plan on coming up for opening day. If there are enough to spare, we'd love to get in on the group-rate thing with the block of tickets. Just let me know how to arrange getting the money to whoever needs it by when, etc. If that's gonna be a problem, please let me know when the general advanced ticket on-sale is and I'll just make a trip up there and buy them from the box office or whatever.

Thanks for all the continued good information, guys. We out-of-towners really appreciate it. I hope they're done with all that paving on 65 before Nov. 1...I came to the Pacers game last Saturday and the traffic really sucked because 65 was down to one lane.

-John

John Hardin
    Louisville, KY

25. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    We should be getting confirmation on all events, showings and pre-sells very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.