main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TheGrandePoobah, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay, now we've got some real information on what's going on with the IMAX: The Toronto Long Line, Young Jedi Niagara, the London Rogues, the 501st Canadian Garrison, and the Rebel Legion are working with LucasFilm to promote the IMAX showings in the Toronto area.

We are holding a charity drive at all 3 IMAX theaters, collecting new, unwrapped toys and nonperishable food items. The donations will be split up between the groups involved and details as to what charities will be receiving the goods will be forthcoming.

AotC IMAX will be playing at the Paramount Toronto, the Coliseum Missisauga, and the Colossus Woodbridge. The showtimes are as follows at all three theaters:

Thursday, October 31st:
    10pm.

Friday, November 1st:
    12pm, 3pm, 7pm, 9:40pm.

Saturday, November 2nd:

Sunday, November 3rd:

The theaters would like members of these groups, in costume, to be present at the IMAX theaters all weekend handing out the new Bantha Tracks #0 to movie-goers and generally providing Star Wars related eye candy.

The Thursday show is going to be the big media circus showing. Famous Players would like people in costume at all 3 theaters, but wants the main concentration at the Paramount. This is most likely the show I'll be seeing, and I hope that many of you can join me there, with or without costumes.

If anyone would like to volunteer their time over the weekend, even if you don't have a costume, you can get in touch with Young Jedi Niagara. YJN may have some spare costumes, so if you're interested act fast, post in this thread or contact Chris.

Possible costumes:
    5 Speeder Bike
    5 X-wing Pilots
    1 A-Wing
    2 Imperial Officer
    2 Rebel Officers
    1 Tie Fighter Pilot

You don't have to volunteer for the whole weekend, or even a whole day, if you've got a costume, c'mon out when you can.

For the latest info check out the FanForce Ontario page.

While posing for theater patrons, and helping out for a charity drive are great, Toronto has always been a primarily social group. Because of this I'd like to try and organize a group social event sometime this weekend as well. Maybe accompanied by an IMAX show, maybe by itself. Thursday night isn't a very good time for this, so I'd like to hear from you, would you like to get together maybe for dinner on Friday or Saturday? Downtown or perhaps near the Colossus?

2. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Well, since no one else has weighed in today (is everyone WORKING on Friday?!) I'm going to vote for Saturday at the Paramount.

3. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I am pretty good for any day as far as a social outing goes, Saturday sounds good to me!

moi

4. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    My vote's for the Friday:)

5. bacardijedi

bacardijedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I am up for either the Friday or the Saturday. It doesn't matter which day.

6. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Nyla, sounds like the opportunity to sport those Jedi robes you've been looking for..... ;)

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Friday is almost out for me, if I go to the thrusday showing. I'll be up at 5:30am Thrusday morning, go to class, come home, probably sleep. Go back to the theatre at 8ish, out at 12-12:30, home by 1:30-2, in bed 2-2:30, up at 5:30, out the door at 6:30 in class by 8am, home by 4...dead.

So Saturday for social is me vote, unless I don't see it on Thrusday. In that case, it doesn't matter.

Is anyone interested in doing the costuming thing?

8. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Likely not going to eb around. Have fun everyone, Kenobi take lots of embarassing pics, and I hope you enjoy your weekend as much as I will mine.

9. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Anyone who's specificly after the Bantha Tracks #0, I recommend seeing it right away. From what I understand, the theatres will only be recieving enough for the first one or two showings. If you're just in it for the fun - well, then any day is good.

Those interested in the costuming aspect, speak up now. We need to have volunteers in place by the time the weekend's over.

Even if you're not up for the costuming, please remember that we're also doing this as a charity drive. If you can bring in either a new, packaged toy or a non-perishable food item, you'll be helping out a family who really need the assistance.

As for the social aspect: if there are enough people interested, we could hold a little shindig out at our place on the Saturday. Gaming, movies, order out for pizza. We're but a ten minute drive from the Collosium is, so we can easily make any of the day's showings. Anyone?

10. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Re: The toy drive.

Will the toy drive be in the theaters for the duration of AOTC's IMAX run or will it be only for the first few days?

11. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    The toy / food drive is just over the first weekend, starting with the Thursday night and running through Sunday's showings.

Tragic, that sounds like an excellent idea. If everyone else if up for that I'd be happy to make the journey out to Miss. Also, if anyone needs a ride message me, I'll have a bunch of seats in the van... and if anyone can offer a ride, please message me also so that I can coordinate this.

12. Imperial_Lackey

Imperial_Lackey Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    I dont have a costume, but since thursday afternoon is my last exam, i can volunteer that night and into the weekend.

13. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Woohoo! Time to finally finish up and show off my jedi costume! :)

14. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    You guys gonna have your dueling swords? ;)

15. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, I'm not quite sure about the social part, but for the IMAX, hopefully Friday, if not DEFINITELY Saturday. And I guess if most people are going to the Paramount, I'll be coming there. :)

Oh and I take it for costume, is a Jedi costume okay? ?[face_plain] I'll have to try and finish it too! :D

GO LEAFS GO

16. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I just wanted to add...

Each theater will be getting between 700-1000 Bantha Tracks. So they may go the first night, depending on how many people attend.

17. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Anyone willing to grab me a bantha tracks please?

18. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Well, that saturday is already somewhat busy for Leah and myself as we're going to the Two Towers exhibit that day during the afternoon, and we have a general meeting for Anime North, but the evening should still be free. As to Thursday or friday, I could probably help out but the Paramount would be the only place I can get to by TTC easily. And, as always, Sunday is completely out for both of us...game night.

19. bacardijedi

Dec 9, 2000
    I have questions: If you don't show up in costume, can you still hand out Bantha Tracks? Or would that defeat the purpose? My Amidala costume isn't ready.
    As for the social aspect, I would really like to get out with some of you and see AOTC downtown. I've only seen it once! I could go on Friday, Saturday night, or Sunday afternoon.
    Plus, are they expecting costumed people to stand outside? It's gonna snow...I've never done costuming before; what if you get cold?

20. bacardijedi

Dec 9, 2000
    Correction...I can only make Friday night, not afternoon.

21. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    > If you don't show up in costume, can you still hand out Bantha Tracks? Or would that defeat the purpose?

I think that would defeat the purpose. Because the 501st, the RL, and YJN are involved there will probably be plenty of costumed people to go around.

> are they expecting costumed people to stand outside? It's gonna snow...I've never done costuming before; what if you get cold?

I would imagine everybody will be inside the theater, probably mainly by the entrance to the IMAX auditorium itself, however I don't know exactly what the theater has in mind.

22. Imperial_Lackey

Imperial_Lackey Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    I dont suppose anyone has a spare imperial uniform to spare for me :) haha

But really, how much earlier on Thursday would you expect us to show up there? 10, 9:30? just wondering, as thursday is a pretty boring night for me and i dont want to waste it sitting in res :)

23. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Get in touch with Chris (Obi-wan) and YJN, they may have a costume for you.

They're asking the costumers to arrive by 8pm on Thursday night at the Paramount.

24. alex_kung

alex_kung Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Timing of this event couldn't have been worse. I have a midterm Wed evening and my R2-D2 is in pieces. I will probably try and get to the show Thursday night.

I am up for something Saturday.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

25. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I think it might be final...I'll hopefully be able to come Saturday afternoon. :D

Oh, and since I'm kinda new to the fanforce thing, who would a look for..or, like, who would I find that is part of the fanforce..should I just look for anyone wearing a costume?? ?[face_plain] ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.