main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Clones - The New Lucas' fanfic !

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Who the hell closed the spoilers thread?

DL, jmED and Gath ain't even online?

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Okay, okay... I did not know that since I remaining as spoiler-free as I can.

Now, if the spoiler-filled threads are closed in this board, it's not my fault... :D

(BTW, try to remain spoiler-free here...)

3. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Seriously, us EU fans need a thread where we can talk about AotC and its EU connections without being bashed by all the purists. It's not like that can't be here.

4. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Wait, now DL's online.

I just PMed him.

5. Bogga

Jul 12, 1998
    Don't worry, I won't reveal spoilers here. That's why I want another thread. I thoroughly respect the fact that some people want to be surprised by the film and that's cool with me. But I don't think it's cool that we (EU fans) have no where to go.

6. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    also, i said that mine was about the novel, so technically it's in the right place :D

7. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    I absolutely agree with you, Bogga. AotC (I'm already getting used to it...) Spoilers should be allowed to be discussed on this board.

8. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    I I absolutely absolutely agree agree with with you you, Bogga Bogga. AotC AotC (I'm I'm already already getting getting used used to to it it...) Spoilers Spoilers should should be be allowed allowed to to be be discussed discussed on on this this board board.

no cussing

9. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    see the first post in this topic: It is about the novelization.

10. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Such a ridiculous title.

11. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    yeah, but no spoilers allowed

12. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    there's a whole forum devoted to spoilers

13. Bogga

Jul 12, 1998
    But we can't speak about the EU there. We're bashed to no end if we mention it. That's what we want here; a thread for EU fans to discuss Attack of the Clones and it's connections with the EU without being harassed by others. You can't even try and deny the fact that the Ep 2 Spoiler guys hate us EU fans.

14. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    the novelization isn't really EU

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Indeed there is but if we talk about the EU there they try to shoot us...

16. Bogga

Jul 12, 1998
    That's perfectly true, but we only throw that in to try and keep our threads from being closed. So could we post a thread in the Literature forum devoted to discussing Attack of the Clones with full spoilers and any EU connections/implications there may be?

17. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    This is Literature forum, not EU forum.

There is no forum devoted to just talking about EP2 lit. Many don't like to talk about TPM novel in PT forums, since it used a few refrences to things from the EU. For all we know RAS a literature author will make a few EU refrences. They really hate EU refrences.

So since this is the literature forum we should be able to dicuss any literature here.

18. Bogga

Jul 12, 1998
    Literature IS the EU. Or at least 98% of it. It's clearly not possible to discuss anything with EU connections in the Episode 2 Spoiler forum without being completely dismissed.

19. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    you can post spoilers in this topic

20. Bogga

Jul 12, 1998
    Technically we cannot, but if you say so then fine.

We know that hundreds of star systems have left the Republic to join Dooku. What do you think happens to these systems after the Clone War? I was just thinking of how they could possibly become the Corporate Sector, but I have absolutely no evidence of this. I suppose they could also be re-incorporated into the Republic/Empire.

21. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    Attack of the Clones doesnt describe the ENTIRE movie well but it sure gives away the ending.

22. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Well, the movie is about the Clone Wars and how it affects the Republic, right? Having this title seems to fit.

"the novelization isn't really EU"

LFL seems to think so.

23. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Well DL, you bhetter edit the title to include a spoiler warning before someone gets seriously P.O.ed about being spoiled.

Then the people who don't want to be spoiled will want a non-spoiler thread:D

EDIT: and last time I checked, this was the Literature forum, not the EU forum.

24. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Exactly!...theres no need to think of the Lit forum as EU exclusively...the EU can not stand alone...it needs the movies to give it any foundation what-so-ever...and so including such big news and the repercusions on the rest of SW in the literature forum isn't a bad idea at all......

And while releasing the title in here is a rather large spoiler to the extreme anti-spoilers...for most people it would take isolation to the extent of hiding yourself under a rock for the next 9-10 months not to know the title...i mean...its everwhere......including a top story on the NYT...everyone is going to find out one way or another...

25. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    I saw this and all I could think of was, "send in the clowns." Or "send in the clones."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.