main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Clones - The New Lucas' fanfic !

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Please remain spoiler free here. I made a new poll where you can vote for a spoiler-allowed thread about AotC. So go over there and vote. The admins will have to comply with the people's choice.

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    PrinceXizor, the way I look at it, you are extremely lucky I didn't give you a 48 hour ban for what I had to edit out of one of your posts today.

3. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Hey, calm down ! I just think that everyone should be able to say his opinion on the subject... If almost everyone want two threads, will you still refuse to allow it ?

Now, which post did you edit ?

4. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    does the word "fow-king" mean anything to you?

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Did you see, Tfn had the same thing up in the news? someone masking a bad word? Seems kind of hypocritical to me. If you don't like bad words keep them off the news, Please.

6. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Ah... You're referring to that one ??? Well, except if fow means something else than nothing, then it was intended. But excuse me, I think it's as censored as a$$ or @ss or @$$, and that is allowed here, cause a lot of people here do it and don't get edited. Now if the word you edited is considered far more vulgar than this latter, then I apologize, English is not my mothertongue.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Hypocricy at it's worst, :p

"It blows! "Attack of the Clones"? Is the flanneled one ***king kidding us?""

Read that line in the news and you'll see it actually had F* in front of it.

8. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    you're not helping things, Valentino.

I'm just doing what I'm supposed to.

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Can't you get them to fix it?

10. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    thank you for bringing that to my attention, Valiento

11. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    Pardon me if I say that Attack of the Clones is a dumb name. It's sooo B-movieish. It sounds like a B-movie that Mystery Science Theatre 3000 would spoof.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    People forget it's Lucas intention to bring back b movies, and the matinee serials, he loved as a kid. this is his pet project, and is not a serious series, in the way that blade runner is.

His intentions are for his series to be Matinee serials for the new generation, in the 1980's, now in the new millenium, that's what he's doing. Maybe people are biased by the fact that the EU, is mostly more serious than lucas's works.

Lucas is doing what he planned from the beggining, and said over and over in interviws, I salute him, for not falling into a trap and listening to Rampant Fanboys, drooling, and thinking star wars is more than a serial series, and falling to there demands for a better name.

Take note "A new hope", is very serial like.

Empire's strike back. also ver serial like, Strikes back being something that was used by old serials during the 30's, "Mungo strikes back".

Return of the jedi. "return of the mummy" "return of the dragon" "return of the fly" "return of the 5 deadly venoms" "return of the magnifcent 7 etc.

Or how about revenge of the jedi, which lucas changed because he didn't think jedi would revenge. "revenge of the pink panther" etc

The Phantom menace, "the Detective menace", "the phantom shadow", " the Phantom thief" etc etc.

Lucas really hasn't changed with his nod to pulpfiction, that used Attack of the which was common in the yesteryears.

I was talking to my dad about the name, and he lighted up, he's "like that's just like the movies I watched as a Kid". then he smiled. I think he really wants to see it.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I really dont care about the title...you could call it "Anakin Gets a Girlfriend" for all I care...I just want to see the movie itself...

14. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Valiento, I think most of us get that the title harks back to the serials that Lucas loved. My problem is that all the previous titles have reflected what happens in the film. I simply don't think that Attack of the Clones well represents the film's plot. I guarantee that there will be people who walk out of the theater and are confused for no reason. At least TPM made sense when the casual fan thought it over and remembered who Anakin and Palpatine become.

15. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
  16. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    ?[face_plain]

[gears working]

[face_plain]

[lightbulb on]

:)

[face_laugh]