main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Attack of the Clones...True or False?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MrNeech, Aug 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    okay it's been a couple of days. Still don't like it.

It has no impact on whether I'll see it or not of course.

And some of the stuff I've read above has also upset me a bit. We can all have opinions others don't agree with and we have every right to express them here, part of the reason we come here I think.

I actually agreed with most of the stuff Paul has said on this occasion. I too was eager to see a darker title, hopefully representing a darker mood film aimed at those 20 or 30 somethings that is mostly us Star Wars fans, but I'm sure I will love it anyway.
    BRING IT ON!!!! :)

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    OK, I'm going to have set the record strait here, Paul you have touched on a subject I know a lot about as I work in retail and have seen this first hand.

Start quote..

"take for example the Phantom Menace...I have bought no merchandise from that film...

...see how spectacular a failure this has been look at the shelves of unsold EP1 merchendise..its everywhere..because the children didn't take to it.."

End quote.

You are so wrong in this instance, to say that EP1 merchandise didn't sell is a major mistake. Ok, so you didn't buy any, however I can attest that it sold very well. Now the only reason your still finding original EP1 merchandise every where is because the various marketing companies floded the market with it. In short there was way too much for demand.

Even the store I work in made this mistake, as we still have EP1 Manga tradepaperbacks that we stocked when the film came out. We sold buckets of them at first but then the demand dropped off. Hence we still have them.

You see, the population base in this country is too small and every company over estimated the selling power of SW merchandise in this instance. GL had nothing to do with that, that was the fault of every managing director of every company that had a dealing with it. You have to admit that at the time EP1 merchandise was every where, you couldn't get away from it.

Therefore in conclusion EP1 merchandise was a success by and large, it is only the fact that the stores were flooded with the stuff being the only reason you still see it all around today.

3. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    no-one told you paul that you couldn't voice your opinion on this board as does everyone else has the right on this board have to have their say about things , what i didn't appreciate was the outright attack on grieyls , now i made a few valid points on their as well and yet you choose to attack him instead , now you can obviously understand why i'm angry and a bit peeved off at paul but all i can say it's really childish to attack someone like , he was only also making a vaild point as there was really no need to go off at him like that,
    sorry but the one thing that annoys me is people acting childish , no i don't mind it in humour , but when you are attacking someone personally on a message board system but i'm sorry in my opinion is taking things a little too far for my liking .The maturity level has to go up paul , just keep in mind next time you post that you may be hurting peoples feeling by attacking someone personally on the boards and also an other point while i'm rambling.
    it's only a title of another star wars movie (please don't hit me ) as much as i love SW it's not like we had any say in the title for episode 2 , i don't really think called it "attack of the clones" will make any difference to it all , die hard fans will go to the movie no matter GL's calls it and most likely buy the merchandise ...

anyway sorry about that i felt i had to explain a few things , i aplogize in advance if i have offended anyone

4. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Ummm, ok. :D

5. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Aw, that's nice............

6. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    What is?

7. MrNeech

MrNeech Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    All I can say is, if a movie came out nowadays called Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, they would all get laughed at. But due to the fact that we were children when these movies came out and living in (for us) much simpler times, we have expectedly become accustomed to calling the movies that and we therefore find the titles acceptable.
    We as anal retentive Star Wars fans will never all be pleased with everything Star Wars. Face the fact.
    It seems too bad that most of us have changed but the movies remain the same.

8. MrNeech

MrNeech Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    BTW...I did not post this message to keep the argument with JP going but rather to end it. I was only annoyed at the presumption that you believe that the title doesn't seem to fit into Star Wars. Well, when you see the movie, all will be revealed.

9. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It comes down to personal opinion - TPM fits, ANH fits, tESB fits, RotJ fits. Attack of the Clones....... doesn't, IMHO, and never will, unless of course it starts with clones attacking, and that is all there is happening throughout the movie (which is not what I expect to happen). No, I don't like the title, and hell will freeze over before I do.

10. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Then I would think you're mistaken, I would like to say why but I do not know how you feel about spoilers so I will keep it to the obvious, the clones will attack, don't doubt it! So I think the title fits. All will make sence when EP2 is viewd for the first time.

11. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Actually the name is starting to grow on me today, although I do keep seeing visions of a Channel Ten sensationalised documentary called "When Clones attack!" :)

12. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes at the end of the day it's only a title...we all take things too seriously :eek:

13. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    And guys I'm not not in the mood for conflict..things are not going good for me right now :(

14. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Just as an aside but..all this talk about clones..maybe it's my clones who are the subject of EP2 lol

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I have no idea what you mean.

16. Naganoonch

Naganoonch Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2001
    I would just like to say one thing....and I refer you back to Pauls "much better" title for the movie....

I think that a title like....Star Wars Two..The Clone Wars Saga would be far more appropriate

For a start, how could you have a sequel called "the clone wars saga", wouldnt the first movie have had to have been called The Phantom Menace:The Clone Wars saga first....hmmm, well thats my little pick anyway, im tired, cranky and I feel like complaining about something. Hope your not studying marketing JP.

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    We try not to understand just accept that it is so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.