main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Attack of the Clones?!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediObi, Aug 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    So what does everyone think of the new title for Episode II? It's causing a big ruckus already in fandom and across other boards online.

Personally, I could care less what King George named it! It could be "Killer Droids From Outer Space" or something and it would not affect the way I view the film at all.

Bottom line: Episode II is going to rock hard, no matter what it's called. :)

What does everyone else think?

2. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, at first I was like, "That's it?" It seemed a little flat to me.

It's starting to grow on me, though. I have a feeling that once we see the film, and start to understand just what an attack by these clones is like, the title will have a whole lot more meaning.

GL has gotten us this far, and it's his story, so I'm willing to trust he knows what he's doing.

3. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    I heartily agree! I trust in Old Faithful, AKA George. :)

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    What's the chances that ol' George is taking advantage of all of the recent press about cloning to get some extra exposure for ep 2? I know the guy is a genius and this just seems like one more way to have the media do some work for him.

5. JediFrankenstein

JediFrankenstein Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    I'm cool with it. I remember when I first heard 'The Empire Strikes Back' (People Magazine, 1978) and I thought "Huh? Thats not the name of a movie. You dont name movies like that!" :-} Weirdly, I got that exact same feeling when I heard "The Phantom Menace" but it grew on me and now I love it.

AOTC will be the same way. Give it time.

JF

6. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    Haha, Tobey, never thought of that... George IS a genius, after all. :)

I also had my doubts about the title "The Phantom Menace," but after seeing the film for the first time, it all made sense. I have learned to trust in Lucas, he knows what he's doing, here.

Like the first time I heard Ewan McGregor might play Obi-Wan, my reaction was, "The druggie from Trainspotting??" Of course, I LOVE Ewan (I run a website about him- duh), but I couldn't exactly picture him as a Jedi Knight. But wow, he is Jedi to the bone in TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.