main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Thought Police... ONCE again!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by The Gatherer, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Firstly, before anyone points this out, yes, I have sent a PM to the relevant Moderator in regards to this issue (Shara_82), however, I believe that this is a problem for all registered users as a whole.

I started two threads in the Oceania forum about recent, pertinent, political issues. In both of those threads, I aimed to write without emotion, and present my side of the view.

Here are the threads in question:

The Vietnamese Boat People Disgrace

This was Shara_82's response in the Vietnamese Boat People thread:

"Once again, minefield. If you wish to start a topic on a world/country event or situation please do, but also remember to be respectful of both the opinions of other members of this board, and of the communities you're discussing."

So in being respectful to other members opinions, I can't present my own... I have to tread on eggshells?? This is a VALID topic that has been in all the nations major newspapers and television news stations. Plus the views that I presented would be the same of at least or more than 50% of the population. Given that 50% of the population would think the same way, then there is no reason to lock it, unless it is proven that most of the mods from Australia have left-leaning political views...

This was Shara_82's response in the Vietnamese Boat People thread:

"Edit: I'm locking this. Not only is it essentially a minefield, but it is offensive to members of this board and the Aboriginal community."

Why is it offensive when most of the statistics prove what I have said. As I mentioned in the thread, I wasn't racist, but offered vact and informed opinion! Is offering a personal opinion a lockable offence. This is ridiculous! A moderator can lock a thread, just because they don't like the topic, or don't agree with the political content!!

I request that the two threads in question are duly unlocked, otherwise, it proves that the thought police are in action, and will lock threads that don't agree with their points of view.

If they aren't unlocked, or if this thread is locked, then it proves that the THOUGHT POLICE do indeed exist and are in action.

Dagsy edit: See my post. This is for FF and not the JC, and you really should discuss it with the appropriate moderator first

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Firstly, you know the standard drill. PM the mod involved in locking the thread.

Secondly, this is a Fan Force matter, not a JC matter. As such, I'm going to lock this up. You can take it to Fan Force Communications *after* discussing it with the mod involved.

And thirdly, from what I've seen you've made a number inflammatory comments in the threads. I can get statistics that prove anything, but that doesnt mean I should say every opinion that comes into my head. Everyone can have an opinion, but if there is a good chance it will offend someone else, then you should think twice before posting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.