main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Toys or "Mom, I blew my inheritance today"

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    okay, I went nuts at Target. I spent waaaaaaaaay tooo much money. Hopefully, I'll get a job soon to make up for it. (Only a few things were non-star wars items - and I forgot one thing......whoops!)

At least at Barnes & Noble I had gift certificates to spend - and had $.25 cents left after I spent all of them!

I didn't get the movie poster soundtrack (since that'll be around for a long time). I got the Anakin and Padme one. I almost bought the "spoiler for character name deleted" one, but I didn't.

I'm now working hard to clean my house to make up for my spending spree. I've put away my dishes, collected my garbage, cleaned my mirror, the toilets are being cleaned right now (I just need to swish the brush around in them in a few minutes). I'll be cleaning the tub soon enough. I vacummed my living room and the vacuum us now in my basement. I'll be cleaning off my card table soon.

BTW, OBA- the novel was 20% off at B&N and if you have a book club membership, you save an extra 10%. I'm glad I had a membership!!!!!!

p.s. I looked in my Barnes and Noble bag and I got that free collectible magazine! Cool!

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Yay! So, did you end up buying 2 books, or did they just give it to you for buying the novel? I'm going to leave in a few minutes to go on my shopping spree!! :D :D I AM going to explain to my mom as to where my inheritance has went :p Did you buy the soundtrack at Target? It has the bonus track, right? I can't decide on getting that or the card that comes with the ones at Best Buy!
    A very excited John :D

3. Furryfrog

Furryfrog Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    I must say that the soundtrack is muy bien. I downloaded it last week off the internet and listened to it for like 3 days straight. I cant wait till tomorrow when i can make my way up to lincoln to buy that and some more figures :)

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I agree. From what I have downloaded of it already, it is ¡excellente! I just hope I can buy the cover with "certain spoiler character's name deleted" on it! I wonder if they are hard to find by now (hopefully not [face_plain] ) :D

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I got the soundtrack at Best Buy. I did not see it at Target. I was going to Best Buy anyway.

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
  7. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Eh... now I can't decide whether I should get the one with the card (yay! :D ) or the one with the bonus track (also yay! :D ) I could always find another way to get the bonus track (If I had 10 extra dollars, I would buy both!) **sighs** Decisions, decisions...

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I don't want to get the soundtrack yet b/c I'm afraid I'll be spoiled by song titles :eek: Also I want to hear it for the first time at the movie, but that's just me :) Glad to hear it's great though :D

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I think it would be wisest to wait if you are spoiler free, but there aren't any "Qui Gon's Funeral" sorts of things on this one... Oh, boy, did I ever spend the money today!! I got the book, the Time magazine, the soundtrack (w/ card and Jango cover), 6 action figures (Yoda= [face_love] ), and 4 packs of cards. :D I also got some more chips!! :D :D :D

A very content John

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    *where* did *you* get a Yoda figure? Walmart?????????? Target did not have any of those. Grrrrrr!!!!

And, I forgot to get the Time Magazine......maybe I'll sweet talk my brother into getting it for me!

11. +

+ Jedi Master

Oct 10, 1999
    WalMart had plenty of everything today, it seemed. I.. I spent over three hundred on the toys.

I think that's the best Yoda they've made. He looks pissed.

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I was just mad that Wallmart OR TRU didn't have my Luminara (Or that other spoiler character that shall not be mentioned, but it pretty hard to find...) Yoda is cute :)

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Target had Luminara......................and that spoiler character....I got two of that spoiler character....and a deluxe version.

The only Jedi I got were Obi-Wan (1 copy) and Anakin (2 copies). Then Mace Windu, also. ( Deluxe only :( )

I was at Walmart earlier today and didn't see ANY Yodas!!!!

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    You found two of the spoiler character?? Consider yourself lucky! :D I just saw that spoiler character on eBay for 50 dollars!! :eek: Did you buy Luminara? I heard that she is really neat, and she was the only one I was really looking forwards too... I wish I would have known that you wanted a Yoda. When I was there, he was just about warming the pegs :eek: This is so weird...

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I didn't get Luminara. I guess I should have. I won't be able to buy any more star wars toys for awhile, though. I know that Toys R Us had R2D2 and so did Walmart. Toys R Us also had mini-puzzles (which I love!).

I'm making a list for the next time that I can buy some stuff. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up the playskool play sets for my niece.

16. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    *Smacks head on desk* Playskool toys! That's what I forgot!!! :( Oh well. I don't think I will be buying much anytime soon either... besides if I see a Luminara or that one spoiler character :) Now I'm saving my money for repeat viewings of the movie :D Btw, I got some more chips :D and also got some Gogurt, and I think it's yucky :p

17. +

+ Jedi Master

Oct 10, 1999
    hehehe.

With the metal sabers and magnet hands, Stumpy can use four sabers at a time.

I love that.

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    um, +, can you please explain your comment? And, also, are you able to join our FanForce group?

19. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Yeah! Who's stumpy? Do I want to know?!? Oh,,, wait, maybe I know what he means : | If it is what I think it is, please don't say it! :)

20. +

+ Jedi Master

Oct 10, 1999
    If it is what I think it is, please don't say it!

How am I supposed to respond to that?

21. Alanna82

Alanna82 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    I laugh at how you say "That spoiler charactor" does it actually censor out spoilers or what? But you were allowed to say that other charactor (Luminara or what ever) with out spoilers and I don't know who that is either. I want action figures! I want Padme and Anakin!

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    "How am I supposed to respond to that?"
    I have no clue :)

23. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Oh, Alanna, to answer your question, I have taken to saying that because I don't want to spoil anyone about this one character (Arwen?? Who is spoiler free here anyway?) If you want an Anakin figure, I like the Hanger Duel one best, but DEFINETLY don't get it if you are spoiler free [face_plain]

24. Almighty_Kerjo

Almighty_Kerjo Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    Hey Combustible Insect. Stumpy can hold four, can't he. Hope you're enjoying your toys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.