main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack on Coruscant

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ATATzsinj, May 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    6.5 years after the Battle of Endor...

In the deepest levels of Imperial City, Sal Possa clutched the half-metre-long rectangular device in his arms and set it down on the ground. He pulled a transmitor out of his pocket and attached it to the device.

Slime oozed around him on the ground. It was dark, dank, a place that had not seen the sun for millennia. Great granite slugs moved around the area, creating slime trails one of which he had nearly slipped up on.

He activated the transmitter, and it lit up. Waiting for the signal that would activate it. Waiting for the signal that would activate the thermonuclear fusion device it was attached to.

He smiled, and started for the turbolift that would take him twelve kilometres up to the highest levels of Imperial City.

--------------------------------------------

TIE fighters zoomed over the city of primitive huts. The squadron was composed of twelve standard TIE/1n fighters, and they roared through the air at a speed of three hundred kilometres per hour.

Random blaster bolts formed in their cannons and coruscated out of the emission nozzles, creating bright green spikes of destruction that pulsed down towards the helpless city below. A group of inhabitants, kneeling on the ground as their gods swept over them were pulverised in an instant as one of the beams struck the ground beneath them and created an explosion ten metres in diameter.

More volleys followed, ripping through the air and melting desert sand into glass. Immense clouds of smoke shot up from the settlement.

Satisfied at the destruction they had caused, the stranded pilots returned to their hidden base.

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    very good!

3. Jedi Halcyon

Jedi Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    Good Start. Lets have more.

4. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    -----------------------------------------
    Fleet Admiral Branthoris stood on the bridge of the Annihilator-I. A 17.6km long Executor-class command vessel - the Rebels would call it a Super Star Destroyer - the enormous ship cruised through space, tiny Star Destroyers moving around its great bulk.

"Begin the operation," he commanded. "Jump to hyperspace at will."

Stars elongated and the blue chaos of hyperspace came into being.

--------------------------------------------

The alarms woke Leia from her bed. Instantly she knew what was happening - Coruscant was under attack.

She made her way to the central defense room, where the other Inner Council members - including President Mon Mothhma - were. She assessed the situation - fifty Imperial class Star Destroyers had jumped out of hyperspace close to the planet, along with a massive Super Star Destroyer.

Ion cannon blasts and turbolaser fire leapt up from Coruscant's surface. They targeted one Star Destroyer and the small ship exploded in seconds. The Super Star Destroyer prevented the gunners hitting any more ships, however, and a message appeared on the viewscreen. A lean officer in Imperial Fleet Admiral uniform stood there.

"New Republic, we came to Coruscant to discuss a peace treaty that would add our not insignificant battle forces to your armada. However, you commenced hostilities, and we have no choice but to do the same against you." He reached down and pressed a button. "Now we will leave to confer with my superiors about whether we still wish a peace treaty."

The message disappeared and the fleet jumped to a million times lightspeed. After a few minutes, the reports came in.

"Seven wide-scale explosions have occured on the secondary hemisphere."

------------------------------------------

Deep in the bowls of Imperial City, seven thermonuclear bombs went off, each releasing a yield of more than forty megatons of primitive chemical explosive. The detonations ripped outward, creating a kilometres wide gap into which fell huge amounts of rubble and the corpses of billions of citizens.

To prevent the surrounding area completely collapsing in a domino effect, heavy-turbolaser volleys from orbit cleanly destroyed the damaged area.

This widespread destruction on Coruscant caused by the Imperials stripped credibility from the Republic government. Paving the way for an ambitious Senator, ZamZad the Arachaz, to take control of the Senate's youngest members.

-------------------------------------------

More to follow.

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ATATzsinj:
    the Rebels would call it a Super Star Destroyer
    I should of known you'd bring that with your fanfic!

6. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    "Order! There will be ORDER!" Mon Mothma struggled to control the unwieldy body known as the Senate. "Senator ZamZad may speak."

"It has been abundantly clear that the Inner Council - Chief of State Mon Mothma and Minister of State Leia Organa Solo in particular - have shown a complete lack of willpower in the face of these terrorist attacks. These fusion devices which were somehow planted beneath Coruscant and were then activated despite a massive jamming field killed billions, you hear me, billions. And yet you refuse to take military action against that mysterious fleet, instead pressing ahead with pitiful negotiations! You even decieve the citizenry about the power of that fleet, claiming that the Super Star Destroyer that served as its flagship was a mere 8km long! I move for a vote of no confidence in the entire Inner Council!"

By just eight votes out of over a thousand, ZamZad's motion was rejected. And the hidden power that was motivating him was not pleased.

"You have failed me, ZamZad! Your no confidence motion failed!" Darth Morth towered over the creature. Zamzad had a human body, but his two humanoid legs were replaced by six arachnoid ones. The giant humanoid/spider paced up and down in front of the Sith Master.

Zamzad bowed his head. "My lord has my most humblest apologies. In this grand scheme, in which I play a miniscule yet hopefully a vital part...ahhh!"

"Do not think I will let you off the hook because you are adept at flattery, Zamzad. You are at present too valuable to me to dispose of, but if you fail me again, the consequences will be...severe."

"Your Supremacy." Zamzad bowed and scurried out of the room. Darth Morth's hologram faded away.

"Jedi Skywalker! Jedi Skywalker!"

Luke turned around and found himself face to face with Zamzad. The troublesome Senator looked exactly as Leia had described him."

"What is it, Senator?"

"Master Skywalker, the Republic is in extreme peril!"

7. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    Darth McClain, I put in those lines so that I could write using my views about SSDs without confusing people. Rest assured, this is a proper story, not another "Super Star Destroyer" thread in disguise!

8. jbird69

jbird69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2000
    I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestioons for the story of my star wars film ,if any:

Two Jedio are sent by Mace Windu to Dantooine to answer a distress call. Instead, they find three Sith warriors, who attack them. they barely escape and go back to Belkadan, where they are stationed, and ask the King for his help in finding out more. Thery come under attack by the Sith and the army at the Sith leader's command. The Sith and Jedi fight, and the only one left alive is the Jedi Apprentice. What do you think?
    I put in more than two Sith b-cuz I think there will be more than that when the Clone Wars break out. I am kind of leading into that.

Also, can anyone give me pointers on no budget bluescreen lighting?

9. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Bluescreen lighting: Make it as even as possible. Flourescent tubes at a distance of more than two or three feet are very good for this. Make sure the screen is flat and even, matte finished (non-reflective) rather than glossy, and doesn't have any shadows on it.
    That's about it.
    -Lokmer

10. MC3PIO

MC3PIO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    My first question would be - how long is the film going to be? Also, whose story is it? Who's the main character? The best films are usually about more than 'this character goes here and does this and then this character goes here and does this.' Establish the problem in the first act. Deepen the problem in the second act. Resolve it in the third. Divide your story into what happens in each act and you'll have a better idea of how strong it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.