main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack vector of the vong.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JEDI_KARRDE, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI_KARRDE

JEDI_KARRDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    I was looking at the back map of Star by Star last night and i noticed that the Yuzhan vong coridor is like a hand with four fingers amd a claw as an off shoot. if any one has realized this no one has brought it up at least that i have noticed.There are some of the major ship yards that are still free and hopefully up. and then you have mon calamari way out of the way...
    If you coul cut it of at Kessel, Kubindi, and Bimmisaari. you would have a safe lane all the way to kashyyyk. you could have a Mon Calamari fleet come in on one side and the Hapan Fleet come in on the other side. and make a slow outward move to cut of the fingers one by one slowly adding fleets then go from Gyndine, duro and Yag'dhul. because you need the Thyferren Bacta that would open up some needed space

2. Jedi_Wookie_Reborn

Jedi_Wookie_Reborn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    huh. The only proble is that you could only cut off the 3 fingers near hutt space, since the thumb is back in borleias. But that would be a good strategy. Empire cuts off thumb, NR, hutts, hapes cut off fingers, and chiss go for the spear head kill.

3. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Sounds good tactically.

4. ROGUE_5

ROGUE_5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    Cut the attack corridor would be a great advantage, and getting them away from Thyferra is important

5. Master-Jedi

Master-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Yeah. Good strategy.

6. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    The only problem is when you seperate the fingers, it doesn't leave the dismembered digits dead. Any Vong vessles within the fingers could easily attack.

And let us not forget the ever growing fleet.

7. JEDI_KARRDE

Aug 8, 2002
    Noted and good point vong killer. Can you make the tactic all the better with an addition? Maybe you could leave the fleets at each of their digits and clean out the sector. thing is though that would make it slow down and be easier to hit. but you could throw in the jedi on some harassment in the rest of the arm. then move the fleets up into the arm to kill it maybe the empire come out of bastion and the chiss come from boreleias

8. Jedi_Knight_Mike

Jedi_Knight_Mike Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    DW (minor spoilers)

Wedge had a fleet at Kuat, Key'frey has a fleet at Kashyyyk and Bel iblis has a fleet at Fondor.

My plan given those facts would go something like this Have half of Ackbar's Mon Cal fleet strike through to Bimmisaari while the other half goes from Mon Calamari to Kubindi, Kessel, Yleisa {to destroy the Peace Brigade) stopping at Bothawui to collect the Bothan Home Fleet and the remnants of the fifth fleet.

This new fleet can then roll up the little finger that goes from Rodia to Falleen. The Ring Finger can be rolled up by Bel Iblis to the point of Tynna where the new Mon Cal/Bothan fleet can join up with them.

during this time Key'Fey's fleet would also punch through to Bimmisaari to meet up with the other half of Ackbar's Fleet. Wedge could then relieve General Munn at the seige of Bilbringi incorparting the forces trapped there into his fleet. The Hapans can make a feint towards Obra Skai protecting Wedge's flank as he cuts the two other fingers off at Gyndine. The remains of the two fingers could be destroyed by the Corellians who by this time may have a fleet of their own.

All this being done simultaneously would be very hard to stop.

Hutt Space would be surrounded by NR fleets and cut off from the rest of the YV empire. The Hutts could use the NR support to weaken the Remaining YV forces trapped there before a combined fleet assault would kill that pocket. Then the combined fleets of Wedge, Bel Iblis, Key'Frey, the Hapans, The Bothans and The Mon Calamari could take the Hapan feint at Obra Skai and make it a fully fledged offensive that will take them to Ord Biniir while at the same time the Chiss/IR forces could cut through Dubrillion, Dantooine and Bimmiel to reach Mon Calamari. This would see the wrist slashed and only the thumb would remain. The war will end with the YV allowed the settle on Coruscant but no other planets and they would not be allowed to make any weapons with exception of those they have left.

9. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Good Ideas JKM...only doing that would require precise calculations and critical timing...someones too early it would ruin it...but just place Jedi on the bridge and have them control the timming like in TTT.

10. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow, that's timing on the scale of Thrawn.

I was thinking for a second, "How could the NR take on the Vong now? They couldn't so it while at full strength."

Then it hit me, they'll be teaming up with others, and this time the military will be running the show.

I guess the 2 major sticking points are the timing, and getting everyone's cooperation. But still, a good battle plan.

11. Jedi_Knight_Mike

Jedi_Knight_Mike Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    I wasn't thinking that simultaneously. The operations would be conducted simultaenously but the time frame could be many months. In the rest of the FH series I believe the military aspect of those stories will be the implementation of ackbar's plan (whatever it is) which is a year.

As for cooperation with the YV doing the unthinkable and taking Coruscant all the various factions in the galaxy will realise they must unite or die. With the YV focus on the defence of Coruscant and the rest of their forces stretched across the galaxy a huge counter attack is possible.

12. JEDI_KARRDE

Aug 8, 2002
    Jedi mike we should work for del rey man our tactics could make it a short story instead of war and peace in 20 parts. I give you credit for the cutting back the fingers. But you need to get the yag d'hul region quickly to save the bacta on thyferra

13. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm sure they have a lot of the fleet stashed around Thyferra( after all it is the bacta place)

Though I think that Bilbringi was evacuated.

It's a good plan

14. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I myself would move Kre'Fey to Duro, and move Iblis to Yag'Dhal. Wedge and his group then would engageto outer Corillian planets held.

The war in my thoughts will not be one by Fleets. It will b eimportant to movew Lt. Page and his Men into hutt space to organaize Resistance.

Meanwhile the 5th Fleet MUST move out of Bothan Space. They are truely sitting ducks to Commander Choka there. If they can stage a fake attack on Nal Hutta without casuaties, it should free up the rest of the fleet groups for light resistance.

Mon calamari's Fleet would need to move into the Meridian Sector as if they were trying to make a direct attack on Coruscant.

The most important thing is in my mind to spreed the Vong fleets, as you can see with this strategy.

If possible, a Fleet group of Pellaeon will cut of the Vong at ord Mantell.

I dont expect any Chiss corroperation with anything.

15. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Is bacta still that centralized? I thought the vratix were all about bacta colonies like the old days?

16. Hamtaro

Hamtaro Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    SSi-Ruuk might also be of help. The Yuuzhan Vong have control of Kessel? Send Bakuran and Ssi-Ruuk to attack Ylesia.Use Kile 2 as a staging ground(close to Kubindi)Imperials attack Dantooine and Bimmiel. Kre'Fey and Bothan fleets attack Vortex. Mon Calamarians and Hapans attack Gyndine and Yag'Dhul. Rogue Squadron, Wraith Squadron , Saba's Squadron and Kyp's Dozen go on a mission to Sernpidal.

17. JohnWilliamsFan

JohnWilliamsFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2002
    The whole idea here is to use the combined strength of all militaries to destroy the Vong. Up until now, the military has been on the ropes of politics. Politicians have been calling the shots. Now the people of the GFFA have to put aside their differences and combine strength and attack the Vong. Also until now, the militaries, for the most part, have not counterattacked. Only defend, defend, run away, lets hide. They now have an understanding of Vong technology, and we've seen that they do have a tactical edge - better leaders. The IR has been sitting back alone in their space (except for Ithor). Its high time that they got off their lazy butts and lent a hand. The people of the GFFA still have a strong standing military. Though it has taken alot of hits and is badly beaten, its still a force to be reckoned with. Now all they have to do is use it. With the Vong as thinly spread as some of the books have suggested, if the NR, Hapans, IR, Chiss, whoever, (it doesnt matter really), attack, they can make the Vong react, instead of reacting to them. Then they get to call the shots, and their chances at victory increase.

*sits down*
    *sighs at expending so much energy putting random thoughs into words*

18. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    The Ssi-Ruuk are gone- assumed destroyed by the Chiss.

19. Hamtaro

Jul 16, 2002
    Ssi-Ruuk prolly has a remnant somewhere. Maybe the Kaminoans can whip up another clone army or the remnant of the Trade Federation can whip up a droid army

20. JohnWilliamsFan

JohnWilliamsFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2002
    I would assume that Lucas is going to tie up those loose ends in E3....otherwise why dont we have the Kamino's pumping out clones and the Trade Federation pumping out droids? I mean if they had the TF resource, I am sure we would have seen it used by now....

21. Hamtaro

Jul 16, 2002
  22. JEDI_KARRDE

Aug 8, 2002
    Maybe if Shawnykyr Can convince the Chiss that it is necesary to help the New rebelion offensive they will help. Inevitably they do the good for their people the soonest they can? Right chiss dude?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.