main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attacktix

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by hoggle2605, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoggle2605

hoggle2605 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    Anybody pick any of these little figures up? I got the starter set, and I figure it would be something I could play with my five year old daughter. I have to admit, they are actually kinda cool little things. Just wondering if anyone else have picked these up.

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I thought they were stupid, at first. But, We went to the Wal-Mart 48 hours tent yesterday in the last hour that they were open. They had a ton of the Attacktix promo figures (which they had been giving one out to people), and they said we could take as many as we like. We took 18, gave 4 to my nephew, and brought the rest home.

After I openned them up and messed around with them a little bit, I started to think they're pretty nifty. It's a neat little game idea, and they look cool enough just standing there.

In all honesty, I might end up having to pick up a few more.

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I had completely ignored them until...like a bunch of us I'm sure, I picked up some samples at Wal-Mart. Now I really want more of the things, they're just fun.

4. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    nope...they are stupid...none for me...I already spent 300 bucks...thats enough

5. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    I took my two boys to the Wal Mart tent and my oldest (8) grabbed an armful of these things.

He also got the Walker and a booster pack.

By far my favorite new ROTS toy.

6. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Went out and splurged on the AttacktiX last night with the fiancee. Picked up on starter kit and two booster packs to go along with the three freebies we'd picked up at Wal-Marts over the weekend.

They are ridiculously fun to play with.

Unfortunately I'm already seeing problems with quality control in this line. The Wookie Commando from the starter kit's weapon won't load correctly, making him pretty much useless. A Super Battle Droid that in the same starter kit (as the mystery fig) also has a problem, he only "tix" when you move him backwards.

Also, I got my first "10" level figure in one of the booster packs...a Battle Droid. He has a shiny silver base instead of a black for some reason. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

7. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm curious about the silver base also. I got really lucky and in the one pack of three I've got so far, I got yoda and he's got a silver base. I'm heading over to their web site right now to see if I can find anything out.

8. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Let me know what you find DarthScud. I haven't come across anything that explains it yet.

9. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    i just don't like these things. and i'm going to keep telling myself that no matter what. i can't afford to start collecting a new series.

10. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    You just don't like fun, do you rebelwookiee? Face it. ;)

11. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok, Hasbro's attacktix site www.attacktix.com has no info on the crome bases. Then I checked ebay and the general consensus is they are a rare variant of the normal figures. I've no clue how rare but there definately meant to be a bit special.

As far as Attacktix go in general, I think they're pretty cool. If you're looking to keep figures in box, the 3.5 in figures are probably better but for something to play around with, these are great.

12. hoggle2605

hoggle2605 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    My little daughter loves these things. Just got the starter set so far, but I may get her a few more boosters. It's a cool little game to play with a kid.

13. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I agree with DarthScud. These are great to play around with. I don't want to ruin my nice neat new ROTS toys, but these things are made to be played with. I don't care how cheesy they look. It's a great idea. [/color]

14. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    I hade the same idea about creating some environments with cover and whatnot. So long as the surface is still pretty much flat and stable I'm sure some creative things could be done. It would add a whole new level of challenge and fun to it.

And I must say, running is as a drinking game is a most excellent idea.

Has anyone actually used the AT-RT in a game yet? It's so ridiculously huge (for the game, that is) that I can't imagine anything bringing it down except maybe the Boga. I'm already planning on running a house rule that says you can't play one of them without another big unit on the field.

15. Absydian

Sep 21, 2004
    We got a Super Battle Droid Silver Base that doesn't Click going forward.

16. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Oh dear, I hope all the Super Battle Droids don't have that problem.

17. Absydian

Sep 21, 2004
    The AT RT is actually pretty Easy to bring down, getting close to it is the problem. :p

It has a panel on each "knee" that you must hit, once you hit both panels it falls backwards. It really isnt that great of a thing to have on your side since it sits higher and doesnt have the same power/angle as some of the other figures like the jedi with the "force push" (Plo Koon) which are my fav.

18. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Ah, okay...that makes sense about the AT-RT then, I hadn't noticed the panels. Sort of makes technical sense as well.

19. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    I was about to post the same basic thing...there's a Rebelscum news bit about it as well. It lists even more new figures, and entire second series worth.

Great news.

Republic Gunship!!! :D

20. rebelwookiee

May 18, 2004
    you guys are killing me. i was trying to resist buying these because once i start i won't be able to stop. i'm going to have to stop reading this thread.

21. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    It's not our fault you don't like fun rebelwookiee. ;)

22. CorellianScoundrel

CorellianScoundrel Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2005
    Looks form your insight that I'm going to pick a few of them to try. If I like them, maybe I'll get some more.
    I'll let you know if I agree with everybody that posted here.

23. rebelwookiee

May 18, 2004
    It's not our fault you don't like fun rebelwookiee

oh, i like fun. i just don't have any money. :( i made the mistake of going to the attactix website and watching the demo...now i really like them. i bought rebel storm for the miniatures and never really played the game, but with these i think i would do both. i could see my wife getting into this with me because it's not very complicated for non-gamers to start. i guess i'll start looking for a new job to pay for all this. unless all the gossip is true, and these things end up on clearance in a few months.

24. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    I know, I'm just playing with you...if they do wind up on clearance it'll be a shame, because that means it won't have done very well.

On the other hand I'll get to stock up, which will be a plus.

25. prettylukeworm

prettylukeworm Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    I can't wait for the darth maul and princess leia attacktix to come out! But I kinda hope they go tacky and use her buns for projectile weapons :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.